SCAR H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCAR H

Hi, I have been looking all over online and on this forum for a WE SCAR H GBBR review but I'm just getting the usual from youtube and a few game play videos. What I'm really asking for is a hands on review from any of you that may have owned/use one to this day?

I just want to see what people think about them and what are all the pros and cons are of this rifle? How reliable are they and what upgrades should be done if any are needed?

I really like the look of the scar and would like to get into GBB, now I know all about the cost of mags etc and cost of gas and the lower capacity of the mags and that I got to change my game play a bit to accommodate this.

Thanks for reading
    Regards
    Phil
    Last edited by JellyBelly16; 10 August, 2016, 01:17.

Re: SCAR H

No one?

Comment

I had one for a couple of months and it was a really good gun. It's essentially the same as the WE SCAR-L, the H just has a larger magwell and a slightly bigger bolt. I sold mine on because I didn't like the consistency and cool down (pretty much on all gbbrs) because I don't like having to wait a few seconds between shots. My advice is if you are to get one, or any gbbr, hpa tap it. The hose might not look pretty but you get better fps consistency which is adjustable (no need for npas or restrictor discs) and you can dump an entire mag without cool down. If the low caps aren't your thing, you can get custom high caps made by a guy on facebook who's called "reaper airsoft customs". hope that helps

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply. Hmm...still got to do a bit of home work then haha.

Comment

I have one and I love it, though- I do own it and use it back in Hong Kong so I don't know of performance over here in the UK. Apart from that, its a great gun, looks and feels good although the upper reciever is a little off coloured compared to the Flatter FDE you'd find on VFC/Real Steel ones.
          One bonus is that because of the larger capacity for gas in the Mags, and the small 30rnd ammo count, mags can be used multiple times before re-gassing them.
          Internally, it's a WE gun. You may not have to do anything for a long time OR you'll have to replace everything. My Full auto sear broke the first time I took it to a game, but I use Semi only anyway so that's alright. Additionally, the stock Hop up rubbers and the barrels aren't the best, so switch them out asap to see much better performance. In mine I have a 6.08mm barrel coupled with a 75degree hop rubber (Maple Leaf I think).

As for the bolt and bolt carrier, the stock one should be fine, although I would recommend getting a few spare plastic loading nozzles or just find an aluminium one to replace it- as mine keeps on breaking...
          *Boop

Comment

Ah cheers for the reply, that's good to hear. I don't mind the tinkering to make it better as I enjoy all of that stuff. 6.08? That's different, I've heard and read so many different things about what Inner barrels to use on GBB. As for the 30 rounds thy later doesn't bother me as it adds to the realism I suppose ��

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JellyBelly16 Find out more about JellyBelly16
            Working...
            X