Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

TM G17 Locking on blow back!! Please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM G17 Locking on blow back!! Please help!!

Hey peeps.

So I have a TM G17 that when I fire it, has a tendency to lock on 95% of its shots at about 1/4 the travel distance?

I have a large amount of upgrades in the pistol and I have swapped them back out for the stock parts with the exception of the hop (only have the stock) a guarder spring guide rail (with stock spring on) and the guarder threaded metal barrel.

I did think it was the guarder lower frame being the issue, as its pretty crappy, but after swapping back to the stock its still doing it.

My full upgrades list is:-

GM Zero Hammer Set in a stock hammer housing with 150% guarder spring
    Guarder Recoil Spring Rail with stock spring, bbu valve, threaded barrel, extended slide stop and mag release (tested with both mag releases)
    UAC Trigger bar, blow back housing, bbu backing. (happens with both trigger bars and bbu/bbh's)
    Airsoft Surgeon Non-hop barrel + rubber.
    Nineball purple gas routers without shims (tested it with the stock ones also and the same issue happened)

Its really frustrating -_-;

If you need any further details or for me to explain it better, please ask, I cant work it out.

Like I said, I've tried swapping most parts back to stock.

Many thanks if you can help =)

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Re: TM G17 Locking on blow back!! Please help!!

<snip>

Sorry, I read something wrong.

Comment

I read the email that was sent anyway, I don't have a metal slide, I might try the standard guide rail to.

Any ideas though?

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

Na, I noticed you were using the stock spring (even if you were using a Guarder recoil guide), so this wouldn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Proffrink View Post
          Na, I noticed you were using the stock spring (even if you were using a Guarder recoil guide), so this wouldn't matter.
          It's almost like the pistol itself is ramping upwards at the back, I thought it was the thread post on the front rail guide being too low in the guarder frame but it didn't make any difference when I changed it to to stock frame.

- - - Updated - - -

As in the front section is pushing down into the frame.

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

Have you tried putting everything back to stock, as in, everything stock TM, then seeing what happens. It may be the only way to cure this. These are pretty good straight out of the box, the only upgrade I would consider would be a metal slide & stronger spring to suit.
            Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

If the frame isn't the issue (and shouldn't be - those Guarder frames are pretty good) then look at the hammer. Could be sitting proud and pushing the slide up.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul55 View Post
                Have you tried putting everything back to stock, as in, everything stock TM, then seeing what happens. It may be the only way to cure this. These are pretty good straight out of the box, the only upgrade I would consider would be a metal slide & stronger spring to suit.
                I'll be trying that next, I have tonight tried as I've now got home and tested with the stock outer barrel still sticks, then I took out the spring guide and spring, sticks, took out the outer barrel and hop, still sticks.

So basically I have a gun right now with no barrels, hop, guide spring / guide and its still sticking.. ARGGGHHH!!!!

Originally posted by Proffrink View Post
                If the frame isn't the issue (and shouldn't be - those Guarder frames are pretty good) then look at the hammer. Could be sitting proud and pushing the slide up.
                I can't move the hammer up or down etc (i.e. height), I'm using the zero hammer and I've tried with both stock and GM zero hammers.

As with the above post I've taken like 80% of the gun out now and starting to think its the slide itself is fubared.

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

The BBU has a nub that interfaces with the cocking-wheel in the hammer assembly and that seems to be the biggest sticking-point in these guns. On mine I have the stock BBU with the nub quite significantly filed down and an AIP lightweight one with the nub untouched and they are both points of stickiness, the AIP being worse. Obviously if you've gone back to everything stock there shouldn't be an issue. Does the slide more more freely with the wheel cocked down than with it un-cocked?

Comment

I had this problem with my Liksei steel slide sig 226, cured it by using a stronger power gas, it's fine now with the Co2 mag or black in the normal mag. I know you aren't running a steel slide, but might be worth a try.

Comment

The gas will get the slide back but then it's down to the recoil-spring to return it. Get a strong enough spring and then the gas has to fight that to get the slide back. A bit like a dog chasing its tail. It works however if you get the whole shebang sliding reasonably smoothly. The best solution though is the new zero BBU housing from Guns Modify. It has a kind of sprung swinging lever that pushes the rotor down to cock the hammer but swings up on the return. Totally resistance-free slide return to battery. It's in my G17 now and it's superb.

Comment

Iirc the guarder outer barrels need filing because it hangs up on the slide somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Sidneyious View Post
                          Iirc the guarder outer barrels need filing because it hangs up on the slide somewhere
                          That's the top-forward edge of the breech-block and it can be a bit sticky on the blow-back part of the cycle.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shinotama Human, Mil-Sim Airsofter Find out more about Shinotama
                          Working...
                          X