Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Fight For The Future Of British Airsoft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight For The Future Of British Airsoft!

Hey, I would firstly like to say I am in NO WAY associated to these guys and I am just doing this purely to spread the word.
    Lately British Airsoft has come under attack from Lord Shrewsbury.
    From what I understand he is wanting to put a bill into action where it limits ALL Airsoft guns to no higher than 1 Joule which is 328 FPS with a 0.20g BB.
    It doesn't sound too bad at this point, it just means snipers will be rendered useless but at least we still have our AEG's right?
    Well any AEG that is over this limit because (mostly) they are fully automatic capable will be classed as a fire arm.
    So without the correct paperwork you will be breaking the law and could face some serious jail time.
    Because of this Airsoft sites cannot insure anything that is over 328 FPS (well technically they could but good luck getting insurance to shoot fire arms at each other)
    and so they would have to enforce the rule.

Check out UKAPU's facebook as it holds more information than I can explain because I am not in any way associated with them, please spread the word and help save our airsoft:
    https://www.facebook.com/UKAPU

Re: Fight For The Future Of British Airsoft!

Can't believe this hasn't had more coverage. Would finish off GBBR's & HPA as there would be the potential to increase beyond 328fps, and if full auto capable a big old Sec 5 firearm with 5 years in Nick as standard. Big thing this, as even if you had for example a GBB M4 with a semi auto only lower, the fact it was capable of utilising an full auto lower would make it Sec 5

Comment

To be honest, I think this is the first bit of legal stuff that has worried me (vcra before my time skirmishing). Looking at who this silver spoon wan r is, there is real potential for this amendment to go through. Especially as certain popular rifs will become air weapons under the amendment, therefore largely unregulated but generating income for him and his cronies, yet making them uninsurable for skirmishing.
      And pretty much everything else a s.5 firearm.

Tldr; the end is nigh, tin hats for all.

Comment

Another unelected entitlement scumbag who'll hopefully be brought to heel by wiser heads.

Comment

Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland have always had these limits and airsoft seems to be doing fine. On the increase if anything.

Sent from my B3-A20 using Tapatalk
          "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

I dont think its the fact that the FPS will be lowered its more the fact that everyone who owns a gun over that FPS limit if the enforcement was to come in and the rifle was fully auto capable (even if it was locked to semi) you would be looking at jail time for possessing what would be classed as a firearm.

Comment

I would imagine there would have to be time given for downgrading. This is the case with any other legislation bring introduced.

Sent from my B3-A20 using Tapatalk
              "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

Dealers as well. What if a retailer orders a container of auto capable AEG RIF's with 328 FPS springs. They mistakenly send 350fps customs random check, retailer busted for importing Sec 5's ...troubling times.

Comment

Not to mention all the existing stock that they would have to shift before it came into action.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingle View Post
                    Dealers as well. What if a retailer orders a container of auto capable AEG RIF's with 328 FPS springs. They mistakenly send 350fps customs random check, retailer busted for importing Sec 5's ...troubling times.
                    Seeing as I think every site I've ever been too has said no AEG's over 350fps and pretty much EVER retailer is still selling AEG's that are well over 350 I for one would be more than happy if some 'sensible' legislation (not this ridiculous bill) was brought in to set a definitive FPS limit as quite frankly I'm sick and tired of buying a new gun but then having to void any warranty I had when I needing to down grade my sparky new toy just to able to use it on site ! As a customer who's having to spend more and more on my gatts each time I buy a new one I don't think it's unfair to expect the retailer to sell compliant goods ?
                    From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Originally posted by druid799 View Post
                      Seeing as I think every site I've ever been too has said no AEG's over 350fps and pretty much EVER retailer is still selling AEG's that are well over 350 I for one would be more than happy if some 'sensible' legislation (not this ridiculous bill) was brought in to set a definitive FPS limit as quite frankly I'm sick and tired of buying a new gun but then having to void any warranty I had when I needing to down grade my sparky new toy just to able to use it on site ! As a customer who's having to spend more and more on my gatts each time I buy a new one I don't think it's unfair to expect the retailer to sell compliant goods ?

Totally agree, for too long retailers have been selling RIFs with some ridiculously high FPS outputs. Only reason some are not sewing mailbags is lawyers/lawmakers not deciding on lethality levels in FPS.

Comment

I really hate that. You buy a gun from a retailer, and take it to the site, only for them to tell you it's too hot. Isn't there a law saying that the can't be full auto if over a certain fps? otherwise why are there no full auto air rifles? or guns that shoot hot getting sold as air rifles, avoiding UKARA. I honestly don't mind if they are brought in over the limit, but the option at the checkout to downgrade should always be free.

Comment

This country is getting to be a joke with the gun law changes....unreal it's now going to airsoft that fire plastic bb's for Christ sake!!!!.....the laws on deacts changed were there now nothing but shit paperweights if it's new spec aswell,yet we can still go to B&Q and kit ourselves out for a massacre but anything gun related and they want to ban the lot!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Currently there is NO legal limit on airsoft fps. Blame the pussy skirmish sites (those who waste time chronoing guns and whining about somebody's being a few fps over 350). Wear a full face mask, 500fps won't harm you other than "ouch!". Mask not up to it? Get a frigging mask that is, and if the hornet-sting on your ass bothers you go play with dolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggi View Post
                              Currently there is NO legal limit on airsoft fps. Blame the pussy skirmish sites (those who waste time chronoing guns and whining about somebody's being a few fps over 350). Wear a full face mask, 500fps won't harm you other than "ouch!". Mask not up to it? Get a frigging mask that is, and if the hornet-sting on your ass bothers you go play with dolls.
                              Wonder if you'd be so "gung ho"'if it was your 14yr old son coming home after some f**k wit has lit him up at 15ft with a 400fps hi-cycle aeg ?
                              From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

roryrocker13 Got into airsoft young. Been playing for around 6 years (as of Jan 2016) first gun was a Well l96. Small tip: dont get a sniper as your first gun. It requires much more patients than you will have and you will find it very hard the first couple of times. Find out more about roryrocker13
                              Working...
                              X