Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Fight For The Future Of British Airsoft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fight For The Future Of British Airsoft!

Everyone going on about high fps guns, to be fair most sites set a limit of <350fps for aeg. If a retailer sells weapons firing higher than that, then it is a customer service issue-not an issue for legislators. The same could be said for sites that allow a 400fps high cycle user who is obviously prone to overkill to play.

Yes I as have most people been lit up and over killed at a very short distance, and no it is not pleasant, but I wouldn't want it being made illegal to have a 400fps weapon because a few ruin it for all. What I would want however is site marshals to do their job and nip it in the bud.

Similarly I totally agree with the safety brief on every site I play at;"headshots are to be avoided, but if it is all that's presented - take it. If you do not wear facial protection, do not moan about headshots". We are adults, take responsibility for your choices and safety.

There is no need nor justification for our exemption to be taken from us. People from ukapu have fought hard, and demonstrated how our sport will suffer if we loose our velocity exemption. Also, once that happens, what's next? 2tone for all, no airsoft full stop?

I don't want to be a scare monger but once we allow further legislation to affect our sport, the floodgates are open for our quite anti-gun government to take everything they can from us.

Comment

Just to add a little to the mix but have you seen UKAPU's latest post on facebook? As it turns out the person wanting to enforce the bill didnt make the Gun Trade Association aware. Although its too late now and its already been submitted by the GTA and its going to be heard later this year. Maybe this could be used to bring some people onto the side of the majority of airsofters.

Comment

Rocky- I hope that's the case, if they weren't aware there is a good chance they won't back it and when it gets to be heard later, with minimal support for the bill then it may hopefully flounder and fail.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Absolute joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've now joined UKAPU just to hopefully give my support to the cause, are other's joining or is this a worthless fight in everyone's opinion?

Comment

I have actually sent a letter myself by following their guidelines, I told the lord all about the forensic evidence (UKAPU supplied some on their website for us to view and use in messages to lords) and it surprised me one of the facts that a paintball gun can be purchased off the shelf at 15 joules and they want to limit us to 1 joule. I agree with shooter78 you can kit yourself out with things more lethal than an airsoft gun. I collect knifes just as a showpieces (they rarely see use only when I cant open a parcel and so on) so I have brought from these guys but if you google "cold steel uk" and just look at what you can buy for example you can buy a bloody mace which yes it could be argued about its usefulness as a historical reenactment piece but its just going over the top that you can buy spears and things of that kind but they are limiting airsoft!

- - - Updated - - -

Also Andy Mc I think that the more people sign up the better because it goes into their database and they can have physical proof of the amount of people the bill will effect. Also I am telling every airsofter I know to sign up. My local site just posted on facebook about the situation so I know that next time they go they will do an announcement to get people on board. I guess its like a snowball effect and at the current time its all about spreading the word whether that be to lords who may side with us or fellow airsofters to help in contacting lords and so on..

Comment

I too joined UKAPU these guys who are pushing to protect our hobby/sport deserve all the support they can get, if we can demonstrate the numbers of people who are behind them and join for just a tenner, then it's got to be worth doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by druid799 View Post
                    Wonder if you'd be so "gung ho"'if it was your 14yr old son coming home after some f**k wit has lit him up at 15ft with a 400fps hi-cycle aeg ?
                    Funnily enough he is 14 and he has (been 'lit up'), no f**ks were given by him. Because airsoft BBs, in the grand, middling or tiny scheme of things are right at the bottom of the "Wow, that's ouchy scary!!!" scale.
                    Your comments express the kind of impression that feeds directly into the mindsets of those who want to legislate airsoft into oblivion, that a feather-light 6mm ball can do some kind of significant harm to the human body (we'll ignore eyes because a wasp at bicycle-speeds is pretty dangerous but in airsoft goggles are enforced, and 350fps will potentially blind you anyway, 400fps is overkill. Etc blah blah etc).

Seems to me that hoping the hysteria can be stopped with common sense is futile when it's some of our own lot feeding it. Man the f**k up, if airsoft is too scary for you go play badmington.

I signed up to UKAPU a couple of weeks ago, gold membership. Get unionised guys!

Comment

So many players will leave. So many guns will be worthless. So many businesses will fold. Gone will be the days of snipers and dmrs.

Comment

Originally posted by OC.Aperture View Post
                        So many players will leave. So many guns will be worthless. So many businesses will fold. Gone will be the days of snipers and dmrs.
                        And gas tri-shots, also c02 pistols, hpa systems potentially, most weapons except Tokyo marui and a couple others that are consistently <328fps, and totally going against the spirit of the vcra as anyone over 18 could buy a dmr or bar then downgrade to play airsoft.

Also, this is a joule limit, not fps so cylinder capacity, barrel length and bb weight come into play with regard to joule creep.

Comment

I would suggest we all contact our respective MPs as UKAPU has suggested, but keep it polite and highlight your concerns as adultly as possible, we will not make friends or allies by being rude or abusive. Although if your MP is Lynn Brown, don't bother lol.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

The irony is that this proposed legislation can't even be called a knee-jerk reaction to some event that's been scared-up by the media. There have been no events, the sport isn't inherently dangerous and the last few years of play under the current legislation has proved this.

So why is Shrewsbury proposing this? Because he's a criminal, conspiring to malfeasance in public office in order to boost sales of airguns by killing airsoft. Never mind defeat his proposed crap, he should be arrested, prosecuted, convicted and imprisoned.

Comment

Writing to my MP tania who I know personally.

Dear Tania

I hope that you are well and that your year in parliament has been all you hoped for. I have no doubt you are doing an exceptional job representing Twickenham.

I write to express my grave concerns regarding an ammendment Lord Shrewsbury has submitted to the 'Policing and Crime Bill 2015/16'.

In brief the ammendment will irrevocably set back the sport of airsoft by two decades and return the sport to its very infancy.

In its wake it will cripple businesses cost jobs and put 60,000 airsoft players at risk of breaking very serious firearms laws, unintentionally. People who have no intention of using airsoft replicas for illegal purposes and comply fully with the current laws which govern our sport, which have proven to be more than sufficient in preventing crime as fully as is possible.

The scope of the ammendment is far reaching and to be frank with you quite unenforceable, but with grave results for those who could unintentionally fall foul of the bill should this ammendment be passed with it.

It is also worth noting that airsoft has proved to be incredibly effective at getting youngsters active and outdoors which could also be lost by this level of interference to the sport.

I was rather hoping we might be able to have a chat about this matter. I can't make clear enough how valued your support would be valued by the airsoft community as we traditionally feel under represented when it comes to our ability to protect a sport and hobby that is loved by many, has created many jobs and is at serious risk of being decimated by Lord Shrewsburys ammendment if it is to go ahead.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Great letter can I use it for myself and just change up the name and that?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

roryrocker13 Got into airsoft young. Been playing for around 6 years (as of Jan 2016) first gun was a Well l96. Small tip: dont get a sniper as your first gun. It requires much more patients than you will have and you will find it very hard the first couple of times. Find out more about roryrocker13
                                Working...
                                X