IMPORTANT correspondence with MP'S and Lord's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT correspondence with MP'S and Lord's

I don't feel this should need saying, but clearly it does.

I have just recieved a reply from Lord Shrewsbury. (As below)

Might I remind people this type of behaviour is totally futile and without any benefit to our cause whatsover

Do not, I repeat DO NOT make threats or use abusive language to MP's or Lord's.

It undermines those of us that wish to be grown up about this issue and makes it harder for us to win the argument.

Worst case scenario it risks a visit from the police if you are found to be doing this.

I would hate to think that the senders of such emails were forum members, but if you were thinking of being abusive, please, please, please refrain, it's totally unnecessary.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Re: IMPORTANT correspondence with MA'S and Lord's

Sorry it should say MP's

Comment

Bravo to you for reaching out to him

And I do look forward to his reply and reasoning behind this.

Comment

I am very interested to hear the reasoning, if we can better understand why, we can perhaps do something about it or at least offer solutions that might appease whatever concerns he has.

At the end of the day he is the president of the Gun traders association, as such probably someone we are better off not isolating ourselves from, despite a strong difference of opinion.

You can't negotiate without a seat at the negotiations table, if we are hurtful and abusive enough, we won't have any representation, let's all keep that in mind when we are talking to our friends in Westminster, we are already under represented enough as it stands already, let's not make it any worse for ourselves.

Comment

This will be an interesting read when he replies! It's good to see a respectful message because we're not going to get anywhere arguing and insulting him. Considering the guy clearly has the power to screw us over, abusing him is extremely counter productive so lets hope the idiots who have already had at him haven't decreased his views of us even further.

Comment

I did send him an email yesterday but I explained how people that act like he described in his email are not airsofters and do not represent us. If that was heard on a site they would be booted out.

Comment

Seems like a decent bloke... will let you guys know of any further correspondence.

To be fair this could be a good opportunity to sort out annoying things like different sites having different limits (with the exception of cqb)

Could also signal the end of having to downgrade guns and invalidate warranties.

We just need acknowledgementioned and understanding of our need to have a range of power limits for different guns.

As well as ensure that any breach isn't going to result in being given a custodial sentence .

Comment

I have to agree he doesn't seem like the ogore he is being made out to be. Could just be ill informed. But like others, I'm very keen to see what he says tomorrow. Kind of feel sorry for him that he has been victim of such abuse. Unfortunately it only takes one person to spoil it for others, lets hope your great manor will win him over :P

Comment

Well done, good work.
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to him & wording it so well.
                    Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

This, this is why I worry about airsofters contacting the government. Hell I've seen the mouth breather written petitions...

To clarify NOT the OP, the 'u have freatened my hobby so I killz u' bunch.

On the other hand, the GTA has disavowed the proposed amendment.... make of that what you will.
                      Originally posted by tackle
                      For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter512 View Post
                        On the other hand, the GTA has disavowed the proposed amendment.... make of that what you will.
                        Where have you seen this, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

https://ukshootingnews.wordpress.com...on-airsofters/

http://www.ukapu.org.uk/saveairsoft/

However and I'm struggling to find it the GTA has gone on record as saying "WTF?"
                          I paraphrase slightly but the the GTA is pretty much saying "erm, this is the first we have heard of it"
                          For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Doing my research into this I've gotten the impression this is entirely Lord Shrewsbury acting within his remit as a member of the House of Lords not as president of the GTA, I am really eager to understand why though, if he can be bought on side though, we may actually see some positive change out of this, that hopefully puts an end to the ongoing scrutiny of airsoft at least for a little while, the more times we can maintain a position that supports or continues the status quo one way or another, will help us defend airsoft in furure to a point where we are just accepted and left alone, if we continue to politely reason with and better educate the powers that be. It will buy us more time to allow the hobby to continue to grow, hopefully to a point where in years to come, we will be less of a fringe activity and better understood. With a much greater number of players to help stand our ground. As well as increasing our contribution to the economy as more sites and shops open to support a steady rise in demand.

Hopefully meaning we won't have to face these "airsoft apocalypse" drama's, as it feels we endlessly do at present.

It's down to all of us to put ourselves in the most positive light possible, surely you'd expect a sportsman's like attitude and good conduct at any site? Let's ensure that image of us is shown off the field as well...

60,000 players is not a huge number, so it isn't an overstatement to suggest that we can all make a big difference to being viewed positively by those that ultimately have the power to help or hinder airsoft or worst of all ruin it for all of us completely.

My advice is we all go out of our way to defend airsoft in a positive manner. Whilst we are not huge in numbers there are enough airsofters to ensure every MP in the country is made aware of our position and even better if they all view us as being well mannered, sane reasonable folk. In addition I'd suggest we all try and encourage others to get involved and give it a go. Neither of those two things is going to do us any harm.

Last edited by SRB; 2 September, 2016, 00:36.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I hope so too.....

But the shooting community and especially Lord Shrewsbury has a long (20year plus) history of throwing people under the bus to save themselves......

just ask the full bore semi auto and pistol shooters......

oh wait you can't. they also got the the "smile and stab" treatment

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SRB Find out more about SRB
                              Working...
                              X