40k Imperial Commissar- Bolt pistol build and loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40k Imperial Commissar- Bolt pistol build and loadout

So....I'm building a Warhammer 40k Imperial Commissar loadout because...reasons....QUESTIONING THE COMMISSAR IS HERESY!...Ahem.

Aaaaanyways. A good Commissar needs nothing more than a smart peaked cap, a heap of gold braid and- most importantly the Imperial Bolt Pistol.
    Anyone familar with the tabletop game, novels or PC games will know that the Bolt Pistol is seriously large and intimidating sidearm- a weapon designed to remind all that cowardice and disobedience will be rewarded with instant, summary, justice....Commissars typically make a 2000ad Judge seem warm and fluffy. :D

I'm basing the overall loadout on the early arc of Gaunt's Ghosts....Though I'm anything but guant in profile

Start point: an Chinasoft plastic bodied M4
    Why an M4? 2 Key factors (availability and construction)- The front end comes off in one piece as does the stock- that makes conversion easy. Unlike the G36 (another possibility) or G3SAS (another choice) the HOP unit is inside the body, meaning however I decide to build the new body I won't have worry about how to keep it functional.
    Plastic bodied for the reason of lightness. I want something I can reasonably use one handed.
    So: Hacked the outer barrel and inner barrel down to about 5" (No shorter than the many G&P Tank CQB models). Cut off all the sticking out bits, as we're going for slab-sided. Pull out the cocking handle to save weight.

38mm PVC wastepipe becomes the fake bolt-pistol barrel- the real barrel becomes a fake 'gas tube'
    To increase the 'chunkiness' factor, I'm adding another length of tube on the top using miliput straight to the top rail. It's also a place to hide a battery. This gives me a solid core to bolt the 'skin' around....This is where the big profile of the bolt pistol pays off.
    Added a trigger shoe and funky trigger guard to mask the classic 'M4' profile a little. Cableties are a temporary measure while building.

So- Lots going on here.
    Body has been fabricated from 5mm matt black acrylic sheet- as with the PVC barrel- my aim is something I can actually LIFT and use all day.
    Guts have been sprayed satin silver so that when the 'skin' is bolted on, there's a pretty contrast between the two.

Mocking up stage- waiting for the paint to harden off then glueing in place. Also note I've added a 5mm eye bolt to the rear- this keeps the gearbox supported (no stock bolt) and gives me a locating point for a single point sling.
    The skull lanyard is a temporary measure.
    Means I can hang it on my gear without the faff of having to greate a holster.....Plus a good Commissar keeps his tool of office ready to dispense justice at all times, so no holster for me.

Getting there. Glued in place the side shields- had to create Miliput spacers to keep everything in square.
    Grip wrapped in neoprene- this hides the M4 origins a little more.
    Weighs about as much as a good target pistol. Manageable with one hand even with a Nimh in place

Hand cut Aquila stencil from standard paper- gold paint sponged on as I'm aiming for the 'mass produced' issue arm look.
    Adding a fake cocking handle and tidying up begins

Finishing stage 2
    I'm thinking the Bolt pistol is open bolt to aid cooling. Hence cocking handle is back- need to add a little more here to make it look like part of the mechanism

Here's a friendly public service announcement from me- your newly appointed regimental Commissar....I have become my own meme. :D

More finishing and tidying to do-
    Port side. Some work to do here and at the front....Purity seal needed and a little brass name plate (on it's way )

Purity seal/ parking ticket Wip- This produced using the magic of Milliput White and a strong cup of tea for aging the paper.

The weirdos in the Mechanicus have purified my tool using magical Purity Seal (Volvo Sunburst Red, aged with black boot polish)
    (FYI- that'd be NIN Head Like A Hole chorus in Latin in my own fair hand-
    "Head like a hole/Black as your soul/I'd rather die than give you control/ Bow down before the one you serve- you're going to get what you deserve").
    Converted a pouch and belt buckle for duty too....just need a chainsword now. (watch this space, heretics)

More finishing- ally perforated plate finishes the spaces without adding weight. And looks badass.
    Rubber bungs added to the battery tube.

Chainsword has arrived.....for the glory of the Golden Throne!

.....Next up- loadout photos and (hopefully if my hangover allows) combat use.
    Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Re: 40k Imperial Commissar- Bolt pistol build and loadout

Love it.
    Originally posted by tackle
    For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Delivering glory to the Golden Throne yesterday!

The Commissar is watching

CHARGE!

In the grim dark of the 41st century there is only.....rain....

Comment

Couple more in game shots:

Comment

Finished project shots and another loving look at me dressed like a berk

Comment

Seriously though that looks impressive. Nice one.

Comment

I'm speechless, great build & load out
              Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Awesome.
                Utterly Awesome.

The Emperor protects, may his light guide you.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Did some more finishing and weathering:
                  Added moar skullz and a rear sight
                  made a full width mag for photo ops and cons
                  finished the barrel and rear cover

Comment

No full Tactical Dreadnought Armour then (sans helmet of course).

Comment

Originally posted by KenIchikawa View Post
                      No full Tactical Dreadnought Armour then (sans helmet of course).
                      I'm a bit chunky and speccy for the Astartes however you cut it.....But the Commissariat fits my approach to life perfectly, so it's all good. :D

Comment

It's certainly possible though (dreadnought)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egp8nHY8XFs :D

Comment

Quite- the possibility is not in question at all.....My ability to build the same- rather more in question :D

Comment

Mrs Demoncase finished my Munitorium Issue Stormcoat:

BLAM!

Lumps of coward in my chainsword...Deary me

Says here.....You're a heretic!

Comment

That's awesome.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

demoncase Find out more about demoncase
                              Working...
                              X