Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE Beretta M9 vents magazine

Hi,

A recent issue has developed with my Beretta M9. When I load a magazine it will fire one or two rounds, then suddenly vent all the gas everywhere. Sometimes it will also cycle two or three times with a single trigger pull (but only fire one BB), and then vent the mag.

I don't even know where to start with diagnosing this. Are there some basic checks I can do? I have four magazines and it does this with every one.
    Last edited by Vracktal; 3 September, 2016, 17:01.

Re: WE Beretta M9 vents magazine

TBH the first problem is it a WE pistol, thats not to say all WE gun are bad its just that their Quality Control ain't the best.

I used to have a WE M9 Samurai Edge (basically your gun with the Resident Evil stamps on it), got rid of it for a TM M9 and they are worlds apart in quality and accuracy with the TM undoubtedly being far better.

Anyways lets get down to diagnosing the problem, the only time my WE guns vented was due to it being too cold or not enough gas in the mag, silly question but are you filling it with the mag upside down?

What causes the full venting is when the hammer hits the valve release nub on the back but does not fully retract afterwards, this can be caused by a sticky slide.

start by at least removing the slide, check for any unusual signs of damage and then relube it with silicone spray available from Z1, give that a go and post back

Comment

Re: WE Beretta M9 vents magazine

With WE pistols you do have to clean and silicone after every days shoot, like gentleman before, I now have 2 resident evil pistols and in doing this I have never had a single problem. Accuracy is awesome too.
      sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vracktal Find out more about Vracktal
      Working...
      X