Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chest rigs and day sacks

Morning all.

I've had a mooch through google images, and can't find anything diffinitive.

When wearing a chest rig (RRV and such), how does that work with a day sack/rucksack?

Is there some way it's retained, or does it simply 'stack'?

Even went so far as to frame-by-frame Lone Survivor, but didn't get much joy.

Cheers
    Originally posted by andre the giant
    ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Re: Chest rigs and day sacks

You can get some that are combined, so the pack replaces the back strap.
    But you're better off stacking them. That way you can take your pack off for access or to just leave it somewhere and still have your rig on.
    sigpic

Comment

They'll most likely stack. Pick one with thin straps, like warriors light assault vest, and you'll hardly notice

Comment

If money is a concern, ive been using a Condor chest rig for a while and despite it being on the cheaper end to things like Warrior, its been solid and fit to task. Ive got the hydro attachment for the back and a daysack stacks nicely over that and doesn't get in the way. And just to underline Chimps point, I can carry extra kit into a longer game and then drop it off somewhere and run light without messing with the rig.
        Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

Stacking is usually not a problem - I run a Mayflower Gen iv chest rig (quite low profile and slim straps), over a slick 6094, and can quite easily throw a pack on without issues, be it a 3 day or a bergen type. I used to have a lbt 1964 which could be used in a similar setup although slightly chunkier straps made it a tiny bit less comfortable. Nothing that you cant live with though!

Comment

Cheers lads.
            Originally posted by andre the giant
            ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

donkonious Northern man in a Southern world Find out more about donkonious
            Working...
            X