LVOA/SAI inspired M4 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LVOA/SAI inspired M4 build

I love the look of both of these aeg's so decided to do a build that incorporated a bit of both.
    Parts list so far:

Angry Gun 16.2" WCRS rail
    FCC style "blackout" outer barrel kit in gold
    Vltor receiver
    Magpul CTR stock
    Dream Army stock tube
    Modify Torus complete S100 gearbox
    Magpul clone pro mbus
    Dytac top hat flash hider
    Prometheus purple hop rubber
    Modify hop unit
    G&P SAI gold faux bolt

Still need:
    Magpul miad grip
    motor
    gas block
    inner barrel (probably Prometheus)
    gold trigger (possibly, don't want to overdo the gold)
    trigger guard
    hand stop kit
    high mount micro T1

Pics so far:

Originally posted by Hawk
    The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Re: LVOA/SAI inspired M4 build

Switching over to LVOA's myself. Love it!

Comment

so the postie brought a few bits, still waiting on a few things though.

Ideally I want this G&P receiver but i can't find it sold separately, only as part of a fully built rif. If anyone see's one separate let me know!:
      The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

Oi your copying me

Comment

Originally posted by Shizbazki View Post
          Oi your copying me

Dammit thought I was being original haha, nice job there

Comment

LVOA/SAI inspired M4 build

How much was the golden catch? Also do you have a link to where you got it? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob66 View Post
              How much was the golden catch? Also do you have a link to where you got it? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              The golden cocking handle is a combination of the standard G&P handle

and this:
              http://www.aps-concept.com/index.php...product_id=757

which where i bought it from, direct from the manufacturer, which is where i also got the gold fire selector, anti roll pins and trigger.

Basically i took the catch off the full gold handle and changed it over for the G&P standard black one so it stands out as an accent.

Comment

Well I can't use this receiver as the mag well doesn't fit my pmags in so I've managed to source a non traded g&p mots receiver. If I want to add SAI trades what would be the best method? I know they usually water transfer them on g&p receivers, should I go with engraved or attempt water transfers? (Or is there a better way?)

Comment

If i were you bro i would get it professionally engraved, nothing wrong with you taking the lower receiver to a trophy engraver and asking them to engrave the Salient logo into it plus other trades.

They might charge you an arm and a leg (depending on who you chose) and you might find it looks better than the original.

If you do get it engraved show us your results, be good to know.

Comment

I'll look into it once parcelfarce release the receiver. They've had it 10 days and not bothered to notify me about the customs charges yet.
                    There's a few engravers locally but i'm not sure how they'd react to me bringing in an m4 receiver haha

Comment

receiver finally arrived but still waiting on a fire selector so only assembled the upper for now

Comment

just need to get the engraving done now
                        20161029_120239.jpg
                        20161029_120256.jpg

Comment

Looking good, out of interest how do you find the Salient bolt cover? I like the look of it but it never sits right in my Upper receiver, if i pull back the bolt handle it kind skews funny and i have to push the bolt hand forward to help it close.

Comment

I think they all do that regardless of brand (apart for EBB aeg's as it's usually fixed to the blow back mech). Not much you can do about it, in most of my aeg's I leave it out as it's annoying haha.
                            I suppose you could possibly glue/epoxy it to the plastic arm that draws it back so that it doesn't tilt and get stuck.

Comment

Finally splashed the cash on a g&p sai receiver but it needs a taper outer barrel so the gold one has to go.
                              suppose I could paint the new one gold.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MasterGouken Find out more about MasterGouken
                              Working...
                              X