Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of the bunch at the moment?

Hi,
    Just after an up to date review of current pyros.

I believe the best smoke option is the eg18x?

Grenade wise, I've ordered a cyclone, but what's the best bang for your buck out there at the moment? Loud is good, but they are all loud enough right? So what's the best value for a reasonable budget? I figure id order 12 at a time, maybe more. At the moment in thinking of buying one of everything, to see for myself.

Thanks for any input

Re: Best of the bunch at the moment?

Hi

By Cyclone i assume you mean the Airsoft Innovations Cyclone Impact Grenade right?

I own four of them as soon as they were available in the UK.

They can be quite high maintenance, you will lose spare and need spares

So what do you get in the box:
    The grenade
    The grenade pin
    Grenade spoon
    3 stickers in blue, orange and black (don't use black you will never find it again)
    A Bottle of oil
    Some patches

Build quality:
    They are fairly well built in my mind however i have managed to break parts of them over time (see the "what to watch out for" further down), made from solid plastic and rubber that can generally take a beating but dont expect miracles if your hurling it like its a shot put

Performance:
    Use only .20g BBs as the grenade only carries enough Gas to put .20g BBs out as the gas reservoir is balanced to take them, one charge of gas and BBs it kicks them out pretty well in a 360 like spray, just be careful when you throw them or its a massive TK. Only uses a small amount of gas so a can will go a long way. Don't bother using it in woodland, it needs a hard surface like concrete or wood to set off.

What to watch out for:
    When the grenade has just gone off and released all its gas it can make the plastic parts quite cold, when they are cold they can be brittle and break, had a grenade head break on me once when i was testing it. So throw, bang, let it warm up a bit, then take apart and reload.
    If the grenade is overly sensitive, theres a video on youtube by AI which shows you how to de-sensitise it, I had to ask them why i had a grenade i so much as look at and it went off, lol
    Make sure you line up that little notch at the bottom
    When regassing don't push the Green Gas can too hard into the refill valve or you risk break the valve causing a forever small leak, just be gentle with it
    Put a sticker or marker on your grenade you know its yours
    Spoons break, get spares, so far i have broken one

What i recommend you do or get on getting your Grenade:
    Firstly test it, its ok being gassed and thrown empty
    Get some string and attach your spoon to the grenade so that when you throw the two together, they stay together.
    Get a clip or carabiner to loop the pins on to when you use the grenade so you dont lose pins, so far i have lost one.
    Get a holster for it, there is a reseller in the UK who does them, shop around
    Get the cyclone-resupply-kit and cyclone-impact-repair-kit, you will need them eventually

As for smoke Z1 are my go to guys since they do bulk buys of Enolas

Comment

Cheers for that. Will definately check out those kits, although I was going to just do the no spoon mod. And I think I will make my own holster.
      Do they do that distraction kit for them or is that just the tornado?

Comment

You could do the no spoon mod but theres a chance the Grenade will set off in the air before impact.

I dont think they do the distraction kit for them yet.

Comment

Air burst sounds great!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Southeastpete Find out more about Southeastpete
          Working...
          X