scratches on rifs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scratches on rifs

I've taken my G36E hybrid DMR out on a few occasions now and have developed some minor scratches on the ris handguard, I like mine 'looking' newish (on this one in particular)
    now I've watched vids on blueing techniques, ie: heating up the metal, then applying blueing etc... also there are some pens out there that touch scratches up, some use dremels but not on flat surfaces. So what are your experiences in bringing a rif back to its former glory? Any ideas are welcome.

Re: scratches on rifs

I'm the same as you with keeping kit "as new" but=t I've not found any successful "fix" If the scratches are quit small & shallow the best I've found is a very fine Sharpie pen. Although this conceals the scratch, if you turn it in the light the ink will show as bluey black & not a match.
    Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Re: scratches on rifs

I used to be like that, always envied those with kryloned "sandpit" jobs with wear and tear on the gun. Found it was easier to join em, as unless the gun is a wall hanger, it will get marks from use. I've now quite taken to my sig with holster wear and the odd scratch and my sprayed up Vsr.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Andy Mc Find out more about Andy Mc
      Working...
      X