Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR G-Spec Upgrade.....Laylax or ASP?

Morning All,

I know the below has been discussed in depth in many places, but hope for some first hand feedback on the below:

Looking to upgrade my TM VSR G-Spec from stock to something I can use in skirmishes.

Originally I was going to do a complete Laylax build with Action Army hop unit, but understand the total cost of the kit will be several hundred ££.

Happy to pay the money if it is worth it.

Wondering if anyone has had first hand experience between Laylax and ASP? ASP parts are quite a bit cheaper, but do they perform as well?

Will be doing the complete upgrade (Trigger, cylinder, piston, spring......)

Any advice would be appreciated. And please note I am not interested in installing a mancraft or other gas kits. Neither am I looking for various other brands. I know PDI and Laylax are known for being the best, and both carry a similar price tag.

My question is how does ASP parts match up to Laylax (Or PDI)?

Would prefer first had experience if anyone has had a chance to work with both.

Do I save some money and go with ASP kit and have some spare £ for something else, or do I splash it all on proven kit (Laylax)?

Thanks

Re: VSR G-Spec Upgrade.....Laylax or ASP?

Some will object to this but my experience so far. (Sorry it's more rambling with no structure)

Over the last 10 years I've had many a VSR.
    Many times have I sold a VSR... Proceeded to regret this (within 2 months) and then repeated the process of buying and upgrading.

Personal preference parts wise is PDI... Particularly the vacuum kits. If you subscribe to PDI's marketing its to reduce negative pressure (or something like that) however simple maths shows the volume in a cylinder with piston cocked is far greater than that of most barrels upto about 500mm. (I've run upto 590mm - I'll be sticking with gspec length)
    Vacuum kit is also very quiet to me

The kits work better than Laylax kits I've had and the they work better with a standard TM hop unit.

I've tried the PDI hop units (never tried the AA) and also the Laylax unit. Standard TM units work great when combined with a well polished heavy weight inner barrel (wide vs tight bore isn't too important so long as quality is good). The only suggestion I can give is to shim the hop arm to reduce side to side play if keeping the unit standard (Although I do like the airsoft pro reinforced hop lever and it will be staying for a whole)

The hop up rubber / nub combo options are huge.
    My preference is
    1. Nineball purple
    2. PDI w hold
    3. Tm standard (great in cold for me)
    4 madbull red for VSR

I've had good results with a guarder a+ although quality and consistent is hit/miss on batch

Experiment with hop rubber/nub combos for yourself and try as many weights/brands of bb as you can (it's not to expensive as its your choice)

Check out threads for easy mods (Teflon/biro ect) and give them a try

(There's a really good stickies thread that's got loads of good pointers)

Hope this helps / makes sense / answers a question slightly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have just changed over to full Laylax from ASP, AA hop unit is brilliant but can be a pain to adjust (like Systema) if you like simple TM style.

PDI w hold bucking but without the m nub, a 150 spring, fps around 460 w/ .2's. Distance 80m + so far.

If you go Laylax then I recommend G spec barrel as thread above confirms and the Laylax trigger w/ piston, saves a couple quid too.
      sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

How does the Laylax setup compare with the previous ASP one? Much the same or quite different? (Better/worse/same)?

Comment

Much smoother and better accuracy, quieter too
          sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

Out of interest, which ASP parts did you have? Wondering if the newer revisions will give better accuracy and smoother operation compared to earlier revisions.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shaddow Find out more about Shaddow
            Working...
            X