Political Correctness in doing certain loadouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Correctness in doing certain loadouts

I have been thinking about doing two loadouts but wondering the feeling in the community as there will be certain players and people who were maybe involved in these conflicts and genuinely fought against these people in the flesh

Thinking about doing either an

Afghan Dress 2 piece suit with pakol and a chicom chest rig

or an IRA fighter loadout (old surplus military jumper, olive trousers, black beret and Aviator Shades)

What would people think of these as loadouts as i know these could be seen as "touchy subjects"

Re: Political Correctness in doing certain loadouts

Afghan , I'd say not a problem as even though it's still prity current , it's also an excepted and prity standard look for OPFOR in the forces . IRA diffrent ball game all together , way too close to home even though there basically two sides of the same coin the IRA have murdered a lot of people in the uk and I think you would cause a fair bit of disgust and possibly anger in some older players who remember the 'troubles' (or even served) at there hight .
    Just my two peneth worth . Druid.
    From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

I'm curious as to why you would choose to dress as an enemy of the UK forces.
      Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Yep, as Druid said, afghan is both current & topical for opfor, stay away from black turbans though, or any of the other kit that appears to be favoured by Isis & its derivatives, would prob be viewed as poor taste.
        As for the IRA theme, don't go there, its still a contentious issue, some say cold blooded killers/terrorists, others say freedom fighters, & as a catholic with Anglo Irish dual citizenship, & having served in the British army, I understand both sides of the coin, & its not an argument worth having.
        Plus not seen bs rated aviators ?
        Last edited by tackle; 27 September, 2016, 20:06.

Comment

Just hope the IRA dont find out.

Comment

I've been sitting on this idea for a while too, going down the whole Pashtun insurgent route with a Khet partug and Pakol for a couple of milsims, as it offers you greater flexibility and you can operate on your own (with a chicom rig and a GBBR AK). I guess as long as you keep it plain and non-affiliated to any specific groups, along with respecting any traditional piece of clothing that could cause a bit of hoo har then I don't see any problem at all. Stuff that is closer to home such as the IRA may cause a greater problem

Comment

The clothes you wear isn't such an issue.

OTOH turning up at a site in a Viet Cong load out and taping your eyes back and slurring your L and Rs kind of crosses the line a bit.

Comment

Considering the IRA loadout you have suggested will also look like a lot of civilian militia or rebel movements from all over the place, as long as you don't out right go as an IRA gunman it could just as well be a Ukrainian rebel fighter or a militia soldier from any where in eastern Europe, or Africa for that matter to a certain extent.

Basically, I think what you need to do is not be a dick about doing opfor loadouts. If you are trying to upset people or piss people off by choosing a certain identity then maybe, just maybe you need to rethink it.

Comment

Digressing slightly, I've got a great rasta Woolley hat, complete with attached dreadlocks, thought it would go well with:
                  Brightly coloured football shirt
                  Set of fake gold teeth
                  Suitable wraparound sungigs
                  Liberal coating of brown camo cream on all my white bits on show
                  & topped off with an old skool bashed up AK, for a great Somali pirate loadout.

Too much ???.......I thought it'd be a giggle but would anybody take offense ?

Comment

Can't be as bad as that muppet who came here to show off his SS uniform...

Comment

And was subsequently barred from Black Ops for his troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul55 View Post
                        I've been off doing some reading & now I get it. Must remember to engage brain before typing.
                        Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

I've been off doing some reading & now I get it. Must remember to engage brain before typing.
                          Your question was valid Paul, many people choose kit/loadouts because they respect & admire particular units, & possibly feel emulating those personnel may somehow empower them, possibly even improve their playing ability.
                          So one would also then ask why would some consider a loadout that emulates a person or group that is generally disliked, possibly despised by society.
                          Bit like if I turned up at a kids fancy dress party dressed as jimmy saville lol

Comment

I would imagine because some events require it, ie any event such as a milsim where you have "good guys"/uk forces you also need an Opfor team being the "bad guys" someone has to do it or it would be 50 uk forces guys on their own with no enemy.

My opinion on the subject is that standard straight out fighting load outs are fine, eg your average taleban fighter, but as you progress towards load outs that focused on murdering unarmed civilians such as the ss, ira, Isis etc you're probably straying into stuff that's too contentious for Airsoft purposes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just looking for peoples opinion and its good to discuss these things
                              With regards to the aviators, Would buy Aviator Frame and add mesh so still get the look

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Phoenix_rising Find out more about Phoenix_rising
                              Working...
                              X