X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cqb wepon choice

Hey all

Just looking for some advice on the following

Aa12 - anyone used one or have an opinion on them? I like shotguns and attend a cqb site which permits semi auto only and dont know what theyre like.

Scorpion evo - quite expensive like the aa12 so im not sure whether to consider it alrhough theyre different and i like different.

G&g firehawk - again abit different. More in my budget range although can about strech to the evo if needed but heard mixed reviews on the quality.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Cqb wepon choice

Can't comment on the other two but I had a play with an Evo last weekend at the shop at my local skirmish site and it felt like an awesome cqb piece. A couple of guys on my team have bought them and they have nothing but good things to say. Apparently they shoot like a laser and trigger response is very quick. The polymer is the same stuff real ones are made from so should survive the knocks.
    If I get a few spare quid I am very tempted to buy one.
    Last edited by angry pirate; 29 September, 2016, 23:52. Reason: Dodgy autocorrect spellings
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
    George Carlin

Comment

I've got a few cqb guns, and since getting my evo almost 2 years ago it's become my goto gun,because it's an awesome bit of kit, however I've just got a tm 416c so maybe it will have a break from skirmishing
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Ahh thanks. I like the look and size of the evo but i like the idea of the aa12. Be interesting to get a few user reviews on their pros and con of people who owned and used these

Comment

The EVO I've seen people use very well. However I'd have reliability concerns. I've seen people suddenly stop playing and walk back to the safe zone to fiddle with it probably 5-6 times. Then have to put it away and use their pistol.

I'm of course not sure if this is indicative of anything though.

Comment

Problems with the Evo, needs a specific battery otherwise it can be a pita to get the front end on, the tabs on the quick change spring guide snaps quite easily, the sector gear loses teeth very easily if you get a sudden jam, the ambi selector switch gets in the way of your trigger finger and gets knock onto safe, the selector can loose it's clickyness and its springs needs to be reset. These issues are from the version 1 batch, asg have added a steel spring guide as standard and smaller ambi switches are going to be available soon, the sector gear is normally replaced when the speed trigger is fitted.
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I've recently just bought an AA-12, and it should be here tomorrow Here's my personal, humble opinion on it from what I've seen so far.

Pros
              *30 rounds per second (3 barrels, 10 shots a second = 30 BB's).
              *Comes with a TM 'FET' system, which from my understanding will not allow you to use batteries the gun will get wrecked by. It has a built in system which has a red LED housed in the stock which will blink to inform you your battery is low, or will go solid red when the voltage is too high and subsequently stops the gun from firing.
              *A 3000 round electric wound drum magazine gives you all the firepower you're ever going to need. It even features a small attachment which goes under the rail between the magazine guide rail and base of the grip, which when pressed will prevent the magazine from dropping on the ground if you accidentally release it mid game.
              *It's very intimidating. Even for me, if someone turned up with an electric tri-shot shotgun with a drum magazine in CQB, I'd be a bit nervous. There's nothing better for suppressing fire though in my opinion, nobody's going to want to step out with 3 BB's every trigger pull coming at them.
              *Should help prevent people from cheating. Instead of having to feel getting hit by 1 BB, they'll get hit by 3. If they still don't call their hit after that, then they definitely will when 30 BB's whack them.
              *TM quality is always outstanding, and from what I understand the AA-12 is no exception.
              *It comes with 3 adjustable hop-ups; one for each barrel! The middle one sends the middle BB up or down, the left and right ones send BB's further left or further right, so essentially you can set your own spread pattern.

Cons
              *It will be very easy to hurt people with a hailstorm of BB's if your trigger discipline is poor, and hurting people is really lame.
              *No rails for attachments! Undoubtedly - in my opinion - the biggest drawback of the lot.
              *Substantially heavier than other shotguns. You think how much a bottle of 3000 BB's weighs, plus the weight of the drum magazine and batteries, plus the gun and sling (if you've got one) and the batteries in that too. It's not intolerably heavy (I'm not a strongman by any means and I play comfortably with a 4.5kg TM HK417 all day) but it definitely weighs more than pump action or semi automatic shotguns.
              *The drum magazine isn't included, and costs a phat £100. The standard capacity magazines hold a measly 93 BB's, which equates to about 31 shots before reloading, opposed to 1000 shots before refilling with the drum magazine.

I've seen a few players with the Scorpion EVO in CQB games at the site I go to, but unfortunately I haven't looked at or read enough about it to tell you the pros and cons of that one. If you want the ultimate CQB shotgun, there's no other choice but the TM AA-12.

Comment

The AA12 is fugly though. I know it shouldn't matter but it just puts me off. Specs sound decent mind
                "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
                George Carlin

Comment

Thanks guys.

I like the aa12 idea but some of my site is outside and i dont know if the aa12 will be any good outside and over a range.

The evo ive held. Its cheaper by alot and i think itll be reliable indoors and out ao im in two minds which to get!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EghkGeIWmfQ

Have a look at that around the 1.20+ mark to see the range difference in woodland between the AA-12 and the Scorpion EVO. To be honest, both of them shoot far but the AA-12 undoubtedly has more firepower but at a lower FPS. You can see how much faster the BB's from the EVO hit their target.

Comment

Isn't the AA12 absolutely mahoosive though?

Like for CQB, none the less it was my SCAR L before with a CQB barrel or a short M4
                      If you ever need any weightlifting, protein or gym advice let me know.

Comment

It's undoubtedly quite big yeah; it's by no means a small gun. To be honest though it's not so bulky you can't work with it, like I said I've played CQB with a gun as long as the HK417 and managed quite well. Then again though, I'm quite tall

Depends if the OP wants something light and short, or something bigger with more firepower. Scorpion EVO for short and light, AA-12 for big firepower.

Comment

Hahah I'll see your 417 and a raise you a full length EBR my good sir.
                          If you ever need any weightlifting, protein or gym advice let me know.

Comment

Rah i cant decide! But dont have the money for both! I like the scorpion for the reasons you mentioned but the o really want an aa12 for some reason but i dont wanna get one and be like. Oh i wish i jad the other. This isnt very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Elts7 View Post
                              Rah i cant decide! But dont have the money for both! I like the scorpion for the reasons you mentioned but the o really want an aa12 for some reason but i dont wanna get one and be like. Oh i wish i jad the other. This isnt very good.

Try before you buy seriously. 2-3 weeks after the AA12 came out (and I bought 2 of them back from Asia :D making a tidy profit) there were 3-4 of them for sale on here as a few people who bought them didn't like them. On /r/airsoft people didn't like the angled lower barrels for extra spread either.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Elts7 Find out more about Elts7
                              Working...
                              X