Wanting to get into GBB primary weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wanting to get into GBB primary weapons

I have a TM MP7 GBB up for swaps if you have any M4's you are looking to swap for it possibly ? I Can honeslty say i love it, the range is amazing hitting around if not further than most AEG's. Also the cool down is fantastic. i have played in and around 4 degrees. Im looking for a AEG M4 preferably TM. Would love a 416 aswell or MK18 let me know if ur interesred !

Comment

Ghk g5

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll just throw my two pence in...

I mostly (almost exclusively) play woodland/urban.

I ran a KWA MP9 as my primary for a fair time and loved every moment of it. It's tiny enough to be used as a pistol if need be (stock folded), and with .3s, I rarely felt outgunned in terms of range and accuracy. Obviously this was a different case against high-cap heroes (which there are a lot of at my local - probaby what spurred me to sell it and go back to aeg).

The only gripe I really had was the running costs. Maintenance, I quite enjoy, but at the time, the spare mags were c. £50.00 a pop, weighed a lot (which again, I actually quite like) and on top of that, there was the gas and BBs - at the time I used .3s exclusively in my MP9.

Given half the chance, I'd buy one in a heartbeat and have actually been trying to save for another, but on a regular day, I don't see much point unless I run five or six mags (which comboned, was a lot of weight on my plate carrier).

GBB guns are probably the most satisfying I've ever used, and I do really miss my MP5 (one of those 'should never have sold it' guns).
        sigpic
        "I are God, lol."

Comment

Welp Im pretty sold on getting into GBBs now, only thing left to do is decide on one and find one to buy! The MP9 does look nice and Ive heard nothing but good reviews about it, and how its apparently the best gun KWA ever made :P

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
            Welp Im pretty sold on getting into GBBs now, only thing left to do is decide on one and find one to buy! The MP9 does look nice and Ive heard nothing but good reviews about it, and how its apparently the best gun KWA ever made :P
            Like I said, I'd definitely get another in a heartbeat. It's just having to buy the mags again. Had six with mine, and got them ridiculously cheap! (Balls up on the shop's end)
            sigpic
            "I are God, lol."

Comment

i recently (relatively) changed into gas when i got a WE m4 - i have no problem witht he small mag size but i was massively disappointing by several issues....

Various different parts of the m4 broke before i even got 100 rounds out of it which meant it was several months before i actually got to play a game with it (finding replacement parts for WE was stupidly difficult).
              Finally fixed everything to the point it seemed nice and solid, annoying but really taught me about the internals and how to look after/fix them.

Then my highly expensive (£40 each) co2 mags got leaks - bad leaks that i have to this day not been able to fix.

But the MOST disappointing this is the cooldown because its an issue even when the gun and mags are running perfectly - you cant fire rapidly, and trying to fire semi rapidly over any length of time is hard to do as well - you can basically fire maybe once per second for about 15-20 round or maybe 3-5 times quickly before having to wait a fair amount of time for the mag to warm back up. Not waiting either means your shots will be very very under powered or the mag will just crap out all together

I really really like the mechanical internals of gas (HATE wiring and gearbox's) and the recoil and sound and all that but after spending lots of money on it i have barely had a few games using gas

Comment

Well I tried using my Mac11 at the Mall for an awesome halloween night game.

Absolutely amazing, brilliant fun. For about the 3 shots it worked for before it got too cold and crapped itself On the basis that WINTER IS COMING, I may have picked a bad time to get into all this.

So, GBBR thread v2.0 - Advice for how to make gas guns not suck in winter? I was running it on Nuprol 2.0 green gas, considering going back to Propane which I ran all my pistols, including TMs, on all year round before I took a hiatus from airsoft and sold all my kit, including propane adaptor

Comment

I have had a couple of gas guns in my time, KWA kriss Vector, GHK G5 , TM Breacher shotgun, ACM m500 , and i got sick of how unreliable gas weapons can be, I ended up just wanting something i could turn up with and know it will work out the case.

AEG's are more reliable as far as i can see, no leaking mags, low maintenance overheads, and plentiful of parts in the UK to fix. (but saying that time is the main limiting factor in my gaming).

but Gas guns are fun to use, and the Kriss was the best gas gun i owned, beating even the great G5.
                  The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                    Well I tried using my Mac11 at the Mall for an awesome halloween night game.

Absolutely amazing, brilliant fun. For about the 3 shots it worked for before it got too cold and crapped itself On the basis that WINTER IS COMING, I may have picked a bad time to get into all this.

So, GBBR thread v2.0 - Advice for how to make gas guns not suck in winter? I was running it on Nuprol 2.0 green gas, considering going back to Propane which I ran all my pistols, including TMs, on all year round before I took a hiatus from airsoft and sold all my kit, including propane adaptor
                    If it's not working well on propane get mapp gas (it will smell bad), try to stick to semi and pace shots, use winter buffers, and lightweight pistons

Comment

guys we are missing the main points of this. Gas is not a negative it is the way forward. HPA adapt your mags and run hpa WE guns etc. i have no issues atall hot cold etc all work fine!!

Comment

I imagine many will feel that attaching a hose your your gun or magazines is not the way forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                          I imagine many will feel that attaching a hose your your gun or magazines is not the way forward.
                          i was in the exact same frame of mind but when you actually use it, practice with it and use it, most find it awesome and the way forward for gas guns atleast.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                            i agree, i don't like the ghost buster look.
                            The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

it is how you use it i mean my line is in my sling so you cant really see the line atall. just my opinion

Comment

I've tried a couple, and it's hard just to hand the gun over. Usually have to have a person hugging me while I try it.

Having the gun permanently attached to me is a deal breaker as I like to ditch my rifle sometimes rather than swing it around on the sling

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                                Working...
                                X