Goodbye to the sandpit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye to the sandpit

So, today's game was the last game there ever.

Hail and farewell to the Sandpit, I look forward to the next UCAP site.
    Originally posted by tackle
    For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Re: Goodbye to the sandpit

No way, why has it shut? I never got to play there, was actually just planning to go with a mate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a real shame, while I wasn't a big fan of the site, can't dispute it was pretty unique & its a loss for its regulars.
      Plus Brothers in Arms closed its doors recently, 2 Kent sites gone in a couple of weeks, I hope someone's gonna com up with something new (& unusual) to fill the void.

Comment

Wtf?!? Was planning on going there on the 6th. All the dates have been pulled as has the venue from their Web page, did they say why? I've heard it might be closing for a while. Don't suppose it has anything to do with the owners legal woes?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Andy said that it was due to the new owners of the site wanting it clear for the development. He did not announce it before because he did not want the last few events spoiled by those "fucking players" (his words, available on the UCAP Facebook site) who have never played there before coming down for the last few games and ruining it for the regulars, as supposedly happened at Virus.

Comment

Wasn't quite like that but I just wanted to finish as we started, enjoy the game and not have the pressure of 300 players new to the site decending on the site and it all being too stressful to enjoy. All the marshals played, I played, we had fun.

This is nothing to do with anything other than the developers waiting to start and once they cross the fence, it's a designated construction zone so hard hats, high viz and boots. It's not possible.

It's been on the cards for months, the 432 is off to USA today so that shows it's been in the planning for a while.

I could have milked the crap out of it, sold 400 places for the last 3 games and made a tonne of cash. I didn't want to.

People turned up and we played a great day. Been a good run of 5 and a half years. We have just signed another 7 years lease on the Bunker and GreenOps isn't going anywhere. Couple of new projects on the horizon.

Cheers

Andy

Comment

1st time at the sandpit yesterday and have to say its a shame....thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Comment

Andy, it was what you said on the video that you now seem to have taken down.

Comment

Fair play Andy, right attitude, only played sandpit a couple of times, but loved every second of it each time. Will be checking out the other sites UCAP have in due course.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
                    Andy, it was what you said on the video that you now seem to have taken down.
                    Video still there "didn't want it ruined by all the fucking people who haven't played the sandpit before"

Last games always attract the best get in quick players and often games are a nightmare

Comment

Ahn thats a shame, had it on my todo list.

Comment

Was on my to-play list as well, and my local site; RIFT The Defilade has changed management hands too.
                        Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Comment

I believe there may still be a few games left, but wont be around the building, just near the fob...

Sure i saw Andy say that on fb group
                          FOR SALE
                          7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                          , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hunter512 Find out more about Hunter512
                          Working...
                          X