Calling all A&K M60 owners..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all A&K M60 owners..

I've been trying to find a replacement hangduard for my M60 for a while, yet don't seem to be doing so well.

Having bought both new and second hand I can't tell whether I've an 'older' M60, or am buying ARES/Star parts.

The original hangduard I have connects to the body with one allen bolt at the front, and a friction fit at the rear. My spare hangduards seem to fit with two allen bolts, one front and one rear.

Before I look to tap out a hole in my M60, can anyone help shed some light on my situation?

Pics can be added for clarity when I'm near the damned thing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Re: Calling all A&K M60 owners..

Is this the vn m60

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Comment

m60.jpg

If pic works, on my VN M60 the red areas are where the screws need to be removed for the handguard, after the barrel has been removed.

do you have a pic of yours?
      Last edited by Andy Mc; 17 November, 2016, 23:23. Reason: pic request

Comment

I thought it might of been the mk43 mod0 which i have......as far as i know these arent compatible with stars, ares or other brands.

Comment

Should have been more specific, sorry guys!

It's an M60e4, to get the front end off its a case of using the QR barrel and then a single Allen bolt where the bipod should be.

Last pic shows the two (now spare) hand guards with alignment holes underneath for another fixing at the rear of the handguaurd.

Comment

Theres a guide on this somewhere on the internet...basically its not compatible the guy had to drill a hole out at rear and secure it there...i will try finding the post

Comment

I have contemplated tapping out the body, but I'm reluctant to do so and rely on two bolts and A&K soft metal holding everything in place.

Joy.

Comment

You could use some milliput and bond the foregrip to the barrel...it will stand up to serious abuse and wont budge....that is if you want it to be permanent?

Comment

Originally posted by SanicBore View Post
                  Theres a guide on this somewhere on the internet...basically its not compatible the guy had to drill a hole out at rear and secure it there...i will try finding the post

Yea I remember reading that some time ago now that its mentioned, said something like Ares & Star parts not compatible with A&K at all.

Comment

I definitely bought the second grip under assurance it was from an A&K, so I'll assume that the seller actually had an ARES and continue the search.

I've actually been considering trying to make a harness that will give something for the ARES components to bolt onto without further modding the body.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hopewell Find out more about Hopewell
                    Working...
                    X