Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New ares l1a1

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
    For a DMR using heavier BBs, first of all go with the hard nub and the blue bucking. However, be prepared to experiment and you may well have to trim the nub somewhat.

I have never measured the inner barrel but I believe that it is around 550mm so the Prometheus barrel should be good to go.

ASG Ultimate springs are my favourites.
    Already seen quite a few videos where people trim off the end bits of the nub so I expected I'd have to do the same. I measured the end of the barrel without the flash hider on it to the feed point in the mag well. It came to 560mm so the 550mm prometheus barrel is the the nearest one after all. Out of interest, can the spring be changed just by removing the stock and gaining access to the piston assembly? Or does the gun have to be stripped down completely?

Comment

Changing the spring is a pain; you have to take the whole gun apart to access the gearbox. The one good thing is that it is a quick change gearbox, so you do not have to take the gearbox apart once you have got that far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5xULudMcOo

Comment

OK guys, original fps was 365, put new barrel and flat hop in and the shooting results were incredible by comparison. Before they were going to the left, right, up and down at random. Probably due to the massive amount of grease and metal swarf I found in the barrel and hop up (nice one ares) and the bucking had a huge hole in it...but now it shoots straight and true unlike anything iv ever shot before! But my fps has dropped to 340. I know fps isn't the answer to accuracy by any means buy I'm surprised to see it go down after cleaning all the muck (I mean...a huge amount of muck) and replacing the hop parts with better quality ones that don't have holes in. Is this an affect of the flat hop? Because now more of the pellet is in contact with the hop rubber?

Ps, I double and triple checked everything went back together correctly

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          OK guys, original fps was 365, put new barrel and flat hop in and the shooting results were incredible by comparison. Before they were going to the left, right, up and down at random. Probably due to the massive amount of grease and metal swarf I found in the barrel and hop up (nice one ares) and the bucking had a huge hole in it...but now it shoots straight and true unlike anything iv ever shot before! But my fps has dropped to 340. I know fps isn't the answer to accuracy by any means buy I'm surprised to see it go down after cleaning all the muck (I mean...a huge amount of muck) and replacing the hop parts with better quality ones that don't have holes in. Is this an affect of the flat hop? Because now more of the pellet is in contact with the hop rubber?

Ps, I double and triple checked everything went back together correctly
          Just had the same thing with one of my VFC SCAR-H yesterday, gave it a good clean internally, new tight bore barrel (madbull 455mm) about 20cm longer than the original barrel, shoots super accurate in my garden (about 30meters) but the fps dropped from 370 down to 340 ish.
          double checked everything a few times, no issues found, just put it down to a slightly longer barrel and the cylinder/piston being stock is not designed for a longer barrel. ratios are out.. but just my thoughts on it.
          perhaps something similar to yours?

Comment

I put a madbull 6.01 tightbore barrel (590mm) and madbull hop rubber in my L1a1 and it dropped 20fps from 320 down to 300 accuracy has improved and the bbs are flying straighter now but needs daylight to actually see now far they are going

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Mc View Post
              Just had the same thing with one of my VFC SCAR-H yesterday, gave it a good clean internally, new tight bore barrel (madbull 455mm) about 20cm longer than the original barrel, shoots super accurate in my garden (about 30meters) but the fps dropped from 370 down to 340 ish.
              double checked everything a few times, no issues found, just put it down to a slightly longer barrel and the cylinder/piston being stock is not designed for a longer barrel. ratios are out.. but just my thoughts on it.
              perhaps something similar to yours?
              Original barrel was 560mm and the new prometheus one is 550mm so I don't think it's that. The original was a 6.03 ( although a very pants 6.03) and new one is a quality 6.03

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                Original barrel was 560mm and the new prometheus one is 550mm so I don't think it's that. The original was a 6.03 ( although a very pants 6.03) and new one is a quality 6.03
                yea not sure on that one then.. don't know if shorter barrels would affect fps that much, i'm sure they do in some way. all about learning I suppose

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lambo Find out more about lambo
                Working...
                X