Will my diving watch survive a BB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will my diving watch survive a BB?

I've had this watch for a few years now, an Apeks (good SCUBA diving brand), and I love it and would like to wear it out on games, but I don't want a stray BB shattering the glass on the front?

Anyone know if the glass is touch enough to withstand a BB?

It's waterproof to 200m, if that helps in any way

Re: Will my diving watch survive a BB?

To be honest, with any watch that has the front face unguarded, any hard strike is likely to damage it, although I do know that apecks are an excellent brand, having owned many over the years, but as well built as they are (and tbh, a tad heavy to wear on a game day in my opinion) but you're most likely to damage the watch by simply smacking the watch face against a rock, or falling down on a hard ground.
    If you are using the Apecks to dive, then I would recommend you don't wear it on a game day, and simply buy another cheaper "butch looking watch, lol, as the cheapest Apecks are near eighty quid to replace, and if you did damage the screen with a bb strike, then the cost of sending the watch away to Apecks for repair, and re-pressureing the watch again for diving would be.....expensive. A friend of mine bought my old one some time ago, the Apecks model that was pressure tested to a 1000 metres, hell of a watch for diving, or to beat someone to death with, but as I told my mate, if it ever fell off the side of the boat, there's no way I'm going down to fetch the bloody thing at that depth !
    Again, only my own opinion Caluminus....

Comment

Will my diving watch survive a BB?

My Traser took a bb the other week without so much as a mark on it. That'll go down to 200m

Comment

I tend to wear a cheap casio digital on skirmish days, why even risk it?

Comment

Yeah, thanks for the replies guys, I think I'll get a cheap watch to wear on game days and not risk mine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Caluminus President of LUAT Find out more about Caluminus
          Working...
          X