G&G etu micro trigger unit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G etu micro trigger unit.

Hey guys im having some problems with my new-ish (a month old) g&g etu micro switch trigger unit i fitted in my g&g.
    It stoped working when the fuse blew.
    Now The gun wont fire when the trigger is pulled.
    Ive tested all the wires and the mosfet, changed the fuse (because it blew).
    I can fire the motor manually by pressing the cut off lever which lifts the little trigger lever on the micro switch trigger unit.
    But the trigger lever attached to the cut off lever wont lift when i pull the trigger.
    Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks adam

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Re: G&G etu micro trigger unit.

Do you have a multimeter at all? Can I ask how you tested the mosfet and wires? Does the etu show any signs of heat damage? Do you know what caused the fuse to blow?

Sorry, more questions!

Comment

Have you compressed the micro trigger switch too far,it's very delicate g&g should have put in a bar to stop over rotation of the trigger itself because a heavy handed finger can squash the switch breaking it
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

To test the mosfet and wires i hooked them up and manually lifted the lever on the etu. The motor had power and spun. Ive herd that blowing fuses is common in this etu.

Comment

Its very possable ive compressed the the switch too far. Think id be better off switching back to the original trigger unit.

Comment

tbh ive worked on half of the g&g etu guns that were sold, there were a batch of them that was just pants, they would only work on 11.1 lipo, they shorted and blew continuously, or the etu just died or the micro switch broke.this was with new guns or week old guns, g&g didn't want to know

Comment

Having just bought one of the G&G CM16 SR range as the basis of a build for my youngest, I have been experimenting with batteries to see which will work in it, partly because my other son has a G&G ETU/Mosfet which runs happily all day on a 2600mAH 7.4v LiPo.

I emailed G&G asking about the cut-off voltage on their Mosfets and received this reply:

"Hello Colin,

Thank you for choosing G&G Armament products and reaching out to us.

I am afraid that such information is confidential.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Should you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know."

It seems an odd thing to be so secretive about.

Comment

It's pathetic really, I think the reason they won't tell you is because they don't know for sure,as some run on 7.4, while others run only 11.1,and others handle both

Comment

Damn ETU's

The reply from G&G just sums it all up, yes some work as they should but I'd say 50% do not operate 101% as they should & need 11.1v
                  Excuses range from dodgy batches (no $hit Sherlock)
                  or
                  A mix up and USA 3rnd mosfet installed in UK guns - US guns mainly operate on 11.1v so why UK gun won't operate 101% on 9.6v
                  Bull$hit - but anybody with an ounce of sense would of placed jumper/dip switch to select "normal" operating voltage etc....

G&G - drop the 3rnd module, concentrate on using a transistor set/reset latch circuit using transistors that can operate at 5v to 18v
                  This will remove voltage regulator/cut off - still allow the gun to complete its cycle as intended and work without glitches
                  (just no 3rnd burst - which isn't the be all & end all tbh - just make the damn thing work)

Yes all 3 micro switches are very small and doubt their long term lifespan in a surrounding much like a electric hammer drill going through masonry

This has been going on for say 9 months to maybe a year, if they still haven't sorted then please G&G consider releasing them guns in non ETU option
                  Would save owners some headaches and start to repair your reputation - just a normal mosfet
                  yes I know they don't make outstanding mosfets a couple of years ago but old school trigger, basic mosfet and people can consider to upgrade those mosfets to a forestorm one easy peasy without having to rip the gearbox open again

Otherwise - you need say a shs trigger switch - new selector plate & a trolley spring
                  (trolley spring has larger loops as G&G's post inside is a tad bigger than most others - maybe a v3 spring I think I used)

I feel sorry to customers and retailers/techs who have to sort all this stuff out
                  if people are STILL having issues then G&G haven't managed to fully address the situation -

Comment

For a company wh generally make decent toys, it is somewhat farcical. After I went back to them, they came back with this:

"My apologies if you have been let down. However the information you are seeking is one of the few which is not open to disclosure.

Since you are living in the UK, the recommended battery is a 9.6v NiMH one with as much mAh as possible."

That raises a couple of other issues. Firstly, the battery space in the stock is very tight, so getting anything larger than a 1600mAH 9.6v cranestock in would be impossible; secondly, I tried a 1600mAH 9.9v LiFe battery and the mosfet did not like that either, so the probability of getting a 9.6v NiMH to work is about zero.

Given that G&G seem to be using these mosfets in a lot of their new guns, it does seem that they may be setting themselves up for a lot of grief unless they can get the problem sorted out asap. One option would be to offer all UK owners a free change to a mosfet that runs on the batteries recommended in the instruction manual (7.4v LiPo and 9.6v NiMH).

Comment

Well I THOUGHT G&G had admitted there was bad batch and was looking to replace them....

extract from here - soz mods if not allowed
                      http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/inde...-2#entry231958

OK, so I tried out the 11.1v lipo and IT LIVES!!!!!

Maybe it's just in my head but the gun felt like it had extra kick to it. I played around with it for about half hour, didn't cut out once.

I've ordered all my deans, heat shrink etc, sadly won't turn up before this weekend's skirmish. Will certainly change it all over once they are here. Just ordered a second lipo with deans and then I receive this...

"Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the link advised.

It’s hard to tell the quality of the battery by the picture.
                      To fix the problem you have now, we will have a new batch MOSFET/ETU which could use 9.6V Ni-Mh battery as well to our direct UK dealers next week. Then it will work fine no matter you use 9.6V Ni-Mh or 11.1V Li-po, since we will lower the cut-off point on MOSFET.

Our direct dealers will be supposed to be recall sold ETU models back for replacement while they receive this new batch MOSFET/ETU.

Let me know if any question.
                      Sincerely.

Thank you & Warm Regards,
                      Apple Huang [email protected]

Now if that guy got a reply back from G&G as it appears it seems like they admit/aware it was a faulty batch to be replaced ???

yes there is a link to a nice fitting 11.1v lipo - yes them tubes are a bit tight at about 18mm
                      so any fatty/chubby nimah's with a wire running outside will be a cow to squeeze in the gosv3 stock
                      (actually G&G cranes - even Raiders stock are a bit tighter than some other crane stocks - another make I can squeeze 22mm x 22mm square lipo sticks in)

Anyway - sounds like G&G's replies vary quite a bit like there ETU's

bummer - if they could sort this reliability or volt/amp load/cut out issue then it would be a novel idea
                      if not G&G - just go back to basics for evrybodys sake

Comment

I've got a new predator and it's been on 11.1 lipo from the start, runs a treat on it. The shop suggested it'd cope with it fine.

Comment

It gets more weird!

I ordered another G&G etu/mosfet unit yesterday; when I got home this evening, it was waiting patiently for me. Connected it up to a motor and a 7.4v 2600mAh LiPo which was sitting at 7.7v, pressed the microswitch and it is as funky as a Bootsie Collins bass line.

There do seem to be different versions of the mosfet in existence.

Now I just need to see if junior wants a high rof or a sensible rof.

Comment

The latest communication from G&G:

"We have been aware of the issue concerning battery compatibility. Nevertheless our recommendations will remain either using a 9.6v NiMh battery (under 1J) or a 11.1v LiPo battery (over 1J) for optimal performance.

Depending on the velocity, more or less electricity are required by the motor and the mosfet. It is also important that the current output remains sufficient and stable. However batteries actual output and quality from different brands might be different from advertised. A 9.6v NiMh from brand A might outperform a 7.4v LiPo from brand B and vice-versa.

Besides a battery performance will also decrease over time. An old 11.1v LiPo battery might not last as long as a brand new 9.6v NiMh battery

Those are the reason why some replicas “run happily with 7.4v LiPo, some run with a minimum of a 9.6v NiMh”.

During our Research and Development, G&G batteries have been used to test the new replicas and there has not been any record of battery compatibility issue. The tests involved offering optimal performance for low or high velocity, limited electric output or even cold temperature."

Bullshit!

Comment

Well the other story spun was US mosfet was installed & US guns tend to run on 11.1v for slightly higher fps fields

yeah - well if my ETU guns was 390fps I'd believe it but nope its was 345fps & no yellow sticker
                              so if a US mosfet was fitted to a UK or EU spec gun then that is G&G's balls up

TBH - went through some models & their manuals which some said 7.4v or 9.6v battery while other models said 9.6v or 11.1v

End of the day most people seem to get less grief using a low burst 11.1v (20c as G&G state in some manuals)
                              I feel G&G should of shipped a free battery "designed to work" - hmmm, a free battery to make up for customer hassle

but yeah - that wasn't going to happen & after somebody posted the reply about faulty modules
                              most retailers knew nothing about this replacement offer

Reckon G&G have lost some sales when people have requested others opinions on these guns - often many have said:
                              ETU - no don't bother get a krytac instead if you can run to it - less hassle all round

as for old 11.1v lipo vs 9.6v - yeah bullshit indeed unless you are comparing to say 6c receiver lipo's
                              a 20c, 25c or up to 30c 11.1v lipo packs some punch indeed - even old ones that don't balance that great at max volts on all 3 cells
                              (normally I run tweaked guns on 7.4v is plenty for most requirements equates I guess to modest tweak/motor near stock gearbox on 11.1v)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

menissan86 Find out more about menissan86
                              Working...
                              X