ARES Fake Bolt Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARES Fake Bolt Issue

Recently got myself an ARES 'custom build' (externally, as far as I'm aware its standard internals), but the fake bolt used to reveal/hide the hop wheel is very stiff.

To begin with, the charging handle would only pull it back about 5mm before it felt as though something was blocking it. Even the handle itself wouldn't travel the full distance. That tells me that the handle is properlt attached to the fake bolt.

I had a quick fiddle yesterday night and eventually got it to travel all the way back, however, now it won't return. I had a little fiddle again but it just won't budge.

I tried separating the upper from the lower, but they wouldn't come apart and it felt like something was blocking that too - didn't want to go yanking it too hard and damaging anything!

I had a quick look around the world wide Web, but this yielded no results.

Not sure on the exact model of the base gun, but it's one of the ones with ARES' programmable gearboxes.

It's a shame, because I've avoided ARES guns for so long due to previous negative personal experiences, but thought I'd give them another shot after hearing that they've got better... Then this happens before its even been fielded!

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Ta in advance!
    sigpic
    "I are God, lol."

Re: ARES Fake Bolt Issue

Do you have any pictures. I have a ares g36 with the efcs gearbox and I might be able to help.

Comment

Re: ARES Fake Bolt Issue

Seems to have sorted itself to be honest. Having used it a few times now, it more or less seems to be okay. May have just been some factory 'stiffness'.

I will say though, given my previous experiences with Ares, I'm incredibly impressed with it, and a couple of people at my local have nicknamed it 'Death Machine'...
      sigpic
      "I are God, lol."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WillGreen Find out more about WillGreen
      Working...
      X