Airsofters in Nottingham.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsofters in Nottingham.

What's good everyone, I am new to this, already introduced myself in new members. Any who, I am trying to meet up with players from the Nottingham area, as I live in Stapleford tryna meet Airsofters is impossible, to talk about tactical equipment, loadouts, even organize skirmishes. Please feel free to reply.

Here's to down range 🔫

Re: Airsofrters in Nottingham.

I'm in nottingham, usually go to phoenix airsoft near mansfield
    Originally posted by Hawk
    The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

I've had gear from nearly a year now. Haven't been anywhere, I usually get lost transferring buses or trains. Still new to anything outside Nottingham. Dying to go eventually, have a mucc about kit, but not the kit I want to be using. My name is LaVince or Vince is fine. Nice to meet you

Comment

I'm from Derby, just started playing in Nottingham. I used to travel for nearly 2 hours to Kidderminster as there were some brilliant sites there, but have started playing closer to home these days.
        Don't have much kit anymore as just getting back in to things, but I'm in the same boat when it comes to meeting local players so feel free to send me a PM.

Comment

Hey Knight, thanks for the reply. Yeah still a virgin ain't been to any sites yet, just got my Soldier 95 Camo I look on every site and there's indoors in Derby, but I prefer the outdoors. Open field, woodlands, creeks all that even hills or mountain ranges with it. But one day I hope to find a cool group from this area, start our own team and go skirmish.

Comment

Originally posted by LongtailSniper View Post
            Hey Knight, thanks for the reply. Yeah still a virgin ain't been to any sites yet, just got my Soldier 95 Camo I look on every site and there's indoors in Derby, but I prefer the outdoors. Open field, woodlands, creeks all that even hills or mountain ranges with it. But one day I hope to find a cool group from this area, start our own team and go skirmish.
            Yeah there is an indoor site right in the city centre in Derby, okay for really cold months.
            Personally I prefer a mix, generally preferring larger sites with a lot of outdoor spaces and some indoor play/buildings as well.

I'll be heading to a Nottingham site (outdoor) next weekend, you're welcome to join me.

Comment

Which site is that? Hopefully I will be free and not working. Keep you posted on that.

Comment

Hey, I am in notts also. I attend the "Skirmish airsoft" sites, depending where you live in the Nottingham area (north or south) it may be more beneficial for you to travel to either their Mansfield site or their Nottingham site.

They also have two CQB indoor sites (skirmish stan and skirmish CQB) located in Sheffield although this is too far for me (about 1 hour drive and I live in hucknall). I know skirmish airsofts "Mansfield" site is the most popular of all their sites, every third Sunday of the month they run a "big game day" and usually during popular times of the year (when its warm lol) I have been in games with around 100 people.

The Mansfield site also has a on site shop (sells some guns and gear) its £30 for a day of which we usually get in 5 or 6 30 mins to an hour games and big game days will have much longer games as well as twice as many people. Their membership scheme is amazing, it is £40 for a year, you get two free game vouchers to use at any skirmish airsoft site (so you instantly make your money back if you use the vouchers) and its £5 off every game too! You can buy 0.2, 0.25 and 0.28g BBs although I think they may also sell heavier ones as well as gas, FPS limit is 368 with a 0.2g on AEG's (no minimum engagement, no surrender enforced, no bang bang), I believe around 420 for DMRs (two second trigger pull 20m minimum engagement) and 500 for bolt actions (you can shoot as fast as you can but still 20m engagement distance).

Sorry for the long text, just wanted to give you all the info I could, if you need anything else then just ask.

Comment

Pellet Warrior, thanks that was sum great information. I live in Stapleford, just past Beeston heading towards Shaggers City.
                  For me, it's catching a train getting to Mansfield or Sheffield then I'm lost. All summer that happened, just didn't know what transfer to catch or where to get off. So, almost gave up and was about to sell my kit, then came across this site.
                  It's sad most of the top skirmish sites are either north or south of us. With all the woodland areas around here it should be one a lot closer. Hopefully I will get to one soon. The weather don't really bother me too much, but summer was probably the better time.
                  Keep me in thought if you attend any games soon, would love to go if free and willing to put in for petrol.

See you down range, hopefully not in my scope.

Comment

I sure will throw you a PM if I go next, I wont be attending until after Christmas but will likely be attending in January. I did do a quick google maps search and you can get a bus to near enough the site (just search "skirmish Airsoft Mansfield" on google then hit "maps" once on that page you can hit "directions" then the little bus icon) however by the time you have gotten there on public transport (you would have to have a really early wake up as games start around 9:30 and chrono at 9) it may be worth you getting on the train or tram and getting as close as you can to the site then calling a taxi or uber although this would obviously add quite a bill to your game day. Just out of interest if its not too personal why cant you drive down? I assume its because you dont own a car / no licence or are not old enough to drive yet? Just being nosey

Comment

Im from Derby and just recently started airsoft and only been phoenix airoft twice but planning to go to a place called stormforce on the 29th of this month as i want to try different locations.

Comment

Mushys OK nice to meet you, as you can see from my post my situation.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi all, I hope I'm not being cheeky by asking a semi-related question in this thread; I will be moving to Nottingham soon and would really like to try a CQB game or two. Complete novice; never tried the sport before but I'd like to give it a go and see if it's for me etc. I've been looking around for sites in or near the city centre (a requirement- I don't have a car at the moment and I'm not a fan of hour long train journeys) but I can't seem to find even one! If anybody knows of a site a short bus ride away or can point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JVR76 View Post
                            Hi all, I hope I'm not being cheeky by asking a semi-related question in this thread; I will be moving to Nottingham soon and would really like to try a CQB game or two. Complete novice; never tried the sport before but I'd like to give it a go and see if it's for me etc. I've been looking around for sites in or near the city centre (a requirement- I don't have a car at the moment and I'm not a fan of hour long train journeys) but I can't seem to find even one! If anybody knows of a site a short bus ride away or can point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful. Thanks.
                            There ain't none near City Centre at all, the closest CQB is in Derby. Can't remember the name but can get the information off CRAFTYS AIRSOFT in Derby, they run it. Hope this helps, as your in the same situation I'm in, no car, as in Nottingham most sites indoors or outdoors are at least 2hrs away.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply. I had a little look at craftys site and it looks good, I'll probably speak to them and head over when I'm back in Nottingham. Btw do you think there'd be much call for an airsoft venue in the city itself if potentially someone were to set one up?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LongtailSniper Find out more about LongtailSniper
                              Working...
                              X