Airsofters in Nottingham.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Airsofrters in Nottingham.

Yes 500% worth, I was looking at all the open country side is around as well for an outdoor venue. But you'd get much support, plus Drapers great gun shop and will get national support

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe this was just me and they do now but from when I looked for a mate wanting to join airsoft no CQB sites near to us hire out, so if you are a new player, you would have to get your own gear.
      As for setting up a site in nottingham, I could see existing site chains (for example "skirmish") setting up a site more towards the city center, however I think there is just too much risk involved for a new business to set one up. I mean for starters where do you even begin to insure the people who attend? Can you imagine the headache situation which is getting all the permissions to set up an airsoft site! I dont think publicity would be too much of an issue though because the airsoft community is small and word gets around fast and lots of players are located in the midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by PelletWarrior View Post
        Maybe this was just me and they do now but from when I looked for a mate wanting to join airsoft no CQB sites near to us hire out, so if you are a new player, you would have to get your own gear.
        As for setting up a site in nottingham, I could see existing site chains (for example "skirmish") setting up a site more towards the city center, however I think there is just too much risk involved for a new business to set one up. I mean for starters where do you even begin to insure the people who attend? Can you imagine the headache situation which is getting all the permissions to set up an airsoft site! I dont think publicity would be too much of an issue though because the airsoft community is small and word gets around fast and lots of players are located in the midlands.
        Yes true there, I've been on a few sites that actually walk you thru how to start up a business but like you said it's meeting all those red tape requirements. Skirmish I could see opening a CQB but an outdoor event that is the main loop that would be hard. I think in the midlands is the only place that has open land so close to public transportation. It's a question I may take to Drapers Air Guns down in Hyson Green to see what their thoughts might be . It's easy to advertise nowadays social media and word of mouth would make a new business take off in a sec. I don't know it would be sumtin I'm willing to seriously look into. Cause living in the midlands would make airsofters want to quit the sport all together.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, sounds like an idea with some potential. Admittedly I hadn't considered all the details involved in getting a site set up from scratch. Is there any chance at all of getting a new venue set up through an established site in the Nottinghamshire area if we show them that there's lots of people who want to play a lot nearer Nottingham itself? Or is there a better way to go about this?

Comment

Originally posted by JVR76 View Post
            Thanks for the feedback guys, sounds like an idea with some potential. Admittedly I hadn't considered all the details involved in getting a site set up from scratch. Is there any chance at all of getting a new venue set up through an established site in the Nottinghamshire area if we show them that there's lots of people who want to play a lot nearer Nottingham itself? Or is there a better way to go about this?
            I'm not 100% sure, cause most sites are located so far away, we need to find a business located inside 5-10 miles around city centre. Craftys in Derby may want to get another location, Wild Park in Derby is their outdoor venue, but it's only paintball. Just remember for outdoor venue we need restrooms, office area, shop for sales and rentals, snack bar, parking, location close to public transport, mostly staff. I'd give up wknds to work.
            The main thing needed is the correct business proposal, written in the correct jargon showing investment figures and profitable turn around.

Comment

check out free fire zone.co.uk they have a site near bourne which isnt too far {very good site!!}, also check out close-action.co.uk again not too far corby..

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber View Post
                check out free fire zone.co.uk they have a site near bourne which isnt too far {very good site!!}, also check out close-action.co.uk again not too far corby..
                Thanks will do.

Comment

Originally posted by LongtailSniper View Post
                  Thanks will do.

Hey Plumber, looked it up and everything looks perfect. 75acres and built up like Nam, oh boyee. Free Fire Zone seems it may become my home ground. May go next week just for a look. Have you been, and if so how was your experience? Thanks again

Comment

How many do you think is in the Nottingham -Derby area that's either on here or play Skirmishes? Been thinking we should create a Team. Come up with a team name, patch and when we can as many as possible go to battle, wherever we can all meet.
                    For instance, if a tournament on say southern Scotland and 8 members were able to go, then we have our team.
                    Just an idea, you know pitch in for petrol if you can supply transportation, or even I thought of van rental, everyone who would go pitch in, bang we have trans to go skirmishes.
                    Please any feedbacc will be welcomed.

You may run, but you'll just die tired.

Comment

Re: Airsofters in Nottingham.

Hey all. I got a car now, so I will be posting days I'm thinking of going skirmish if anyone wants a lift just let me know. If I can locate you lol.

You may run, but you'll just die tired. I collect Diecast not toys, ya heard.

Comment

Originally posted by LongtailSniper View Post
                        Hey Plumber, looked it up and everything looks perfect. 75acres and built up like Nam, oh boyee. Free Fire Zone seems it may become my home ground. May go next week just for a look. Have you been, and if so how was your experience? Thanks again

yea i went last year around august i think it was, went to close action the first sunday and then freefire zone the next, out of the both i prefered free fire zone , well organised and the site is really good!! , they even hand out yellow cloth which you pull out and hold when your shot so if your casually walking back dead with your gun down enemys can identify that your dead as you do get people that just walk around casually looking like there dead but not and vice versa , close action is good too but the site isnt as good imo , both are worth going too as there not far apart , 40 mins iirc , oh also freefire zone crono every gun in the morning , probably best to check yours before going if you dont already know what the fps is ...

Comment

Check out East Midlands airsoft near Grantham. New site for airsoft.

https://www.facebook.com/eastmidlandsairsoft/
                          Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidise it

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber View Post
                            yea i went last year around august i think it was, went to close action the first sunday and then freefire zone the next, out of the both i prefered free fire zone , well organised and the site is really good!! , they even hand out yellow cloth which you pull out and hold when your shot so if your casually walking back dead with your gun down enemys can identify that your dead as you do get people that just walk around casually looking like there dead but not and vice versa , close action is good too but the site isnt as good imo , both are worth going too as there not far apart , 40 mins iirc , oh also freefire zone crono every gun in the morning , probably best to check yours before going if you dont already know what the fps is ...
                            That really sounds good. I never made it when I said I was thinking of going. I hope to soon though. Will keep you informed.

Comment

Originally posted by Operation Morning Light View Post
                              Check out East Midlands airsoft near Grantham. New site for airsoft.

https://www.facebook.com/eastmidlandsairsoft/
                              That's further from me than Airsoft Skirmishes in Mansfield, but at least it's not that bad 1 1/2 hrs from me, thanks for the update on this place

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LongtailSniper Find out more about LongtailSniper
                              Working...
                              X