Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

HPA Tap Pistol, What Tank, Line, Regulator...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPA Tap Pistol, What Tank, Line, Regulator...

So I grabbed myself a new pistol and I can imagine it wont be long before I decide to HPA Tap the thing as its something I have wanted to do for ever.
    I couldn't find much info about what tanks and that I should use with a pistol.
    So my best guess is, with a GBB I can use smaller tanks because it wont use as much air as a P* or something like that right?
    from what I am thinking maybe say a 3000PSI 13cu tank would be fine (if not let me know)
    I think I am all good on the filling side as my site also runs paintball (and they hire out) so my guess is they can fill it.
    The line (needs to be QD) I really dont know the difference between them all and also what connectors I need!
    Finally the regulator, is there an airsoft specific one that I need? Seen some of these "ninja" regulators on reputable retailers for £45 but most people go for the £100 + one! Is there something I am missing here?
    I also need the taps but I know how to get them, simple screw in with a little plumbers tape.

Re: HPA Tap Pistol, What Tank, Line, Regulator...

a 13cui 3000 PSI tank for a pistol will be fine, I used one of those and got around 450-500 rounds at about 80-90 PSI. More than enough for the evening games we were running. Or your looking at a 48 cui tank.

Lines, you can get coiled ones or straight ones depending on you're preference. They come in varying lengths, again depending on your frame and preference. Sadly Zero One don't do too much HPA stuff so your going to be relying on Google here. There are also lots of groups on Facebook that deal with this kinda thing and you'll get all the info you need plus links.

Regulators, whilst you can get cheaper ones, they will be less accurate and lack features. Most (read, all) sites should demand that an air regulator has a tournament lock, which prevents it from being tampered with in game. And by tampered I mea upping the pressure. Sure, you might have no intention of doing this, but there are some people who have.

Valves, they getting more common to come across. Look at the CQB Russian ones (aluminium) or there are others made from stainless steel. Steel is preferable as its way stronger, but aluminium will do just fine. Shameless plug, I have a set of WE thread valves and KWA thread valves for sale right now! Little bit of silicone grease and PTFE tape for a perfect seal and your good to go.
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Re: HPA Tap Pistol, What Tank, Line, Regulator...

Sadly I use TM so I cant use your valves, also 450 rounds should be fine as I only really intended on using it a couple of more close quarter scenarios my site plays or just as a more reliable secondary as my site has no minimum engagement so things can get close (which gets a little awkward with my AKM). Do you know what model of regulator is pretty much the cheapest with a tournament lock as I think this would be the one I go for, more than anything the fact that I wont run out of gas is the reason I would carry HPA and on those colder days I wont have to worry about lower FPS.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PelletWarrior Find out more about PelletWarrior
      Working...
      X