Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Stick with P90 and upgrade or change gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick with P90 and upgrade or change gun?

Hey guys

Im just getting back to airsoft after a year out, I was using a stock P90 and playing woodland sites. I owned a SCAR-H TM but sold it as i didnt feel it was significantly better than the P90 for how much more it cost.

Im wondering if i invest a load in upgrading the P90, barrel, hop rubber, bushes, spring and perhaps piston stuff, would this be a better decision than purchasing a more expensive AR for woodland stuff? Or is it always going to face limitations?

Cheers for some input

Re: Stick with P90 and upgrade or change gun?

Is it the gun or you?

A lot of people from video games have the expectation that airsoft guns are going to be like hitscan. Unless you pile in a ton of money into a airsoft gun with sniper rifles needing a big pile of money you're not going to be reaching out and touching people at 100+ meters.

There are always limitations as you're just shooting a low weight plastic pellet with no rifling. I've been suggested an upgrade path for my P90s. A Tanio Koba hex/semi rifled barrel (there is much debate as to if this works) also a Prowin Hop though again some people say this sucks more than the standard Marui hop. So £100 or so + £50 for a gearbox upgrade.

Comment

Re: Stick with P90 and upgrade or change gun?

My last P90 (a TM) was my CQB gun and backup when playing woodland if the HPA DMR went down / wanted to change role, it easily did what I needed for an 'SMG', I had an accurate range of 40M with a 6.03 TB, gbox bushes and shimmed, prommy AEG purple bucking/nub, M100, 335fps.

If anything it just looked out of place in the woods BUT in the same breath its short length was great for shooting from / hiding begin trees etc.

If you want an assault rifle thats not too big for CQB the commando size M4s / G36C / Sig 552 etc are great, one of the best is the venerable AK, that 400mm barrel / rifle size is great outside.

My ol ICS SA80 regularly shot 50+ Metres on basic prommy stuff as above, all sub 350fps

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

infernouk Find out more about infernouk
      Working...
      X