Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to airsoft got a couple of questions about my first gun

Hi folks

Newcomer to your awesome sport and have just got my ukara.

I bought a g&g cm16 raider L as my first gun and am pretty happy with it, however i have a couple of questions.

First the gun was crono'd using 0.25g bbs and was shooting 270-276 fps is that about right or should i look at getting a new spring/lighter bb's? (ive only played at ground zero so far and probably wont go anywhere else as its 20mins from my house)

finally

I found the iron sights pretty hard to use with my goggles etc so want to fit a sight, can you guys recommend something that works well and of course looks good.
    ill be honest my budget isnt limitless and ive been drawn to eotech type sights on amazon (mini diva i think its called) but wouldnt mind mini red dot type sights also.

Thank you

Sythur

Re: New to airsoft got a couple of questions about my first gun

Originally posted by Sythur View Post

First the gun was crono'd using 0.25g bbs and was shooting 270-276 fps is that about right or should i look at getting a new spring/lighter bb's? (ive only played at ground zero so far and probably wont go anywhere else as its 20mins from my house)
    Sites generally chrono using 0.2bb. 0.25 at 275 is 310FPS on 0.2g bb so it's fine. Though Chronos can vary considerably. A madbull cheapo chrono says my TM P90 is 332FPS. A SKAN version says its 345fps. While an unknown brand said 335fps.

I use 0.2bb exclusively because I play indoors mostly so wind doesn't matter. Heavier BBs will fare better with wind. If you stick a heavier spring in it then it might go over site limits generally 328fps but with a secondary rule of 350fps on variation rule.

Originally posted by Sythur View Post
    I found the iron sights pretty hard to use with my goggles etc so want to fit a sight, can you guys recommend something that works well and of course looks good. Ill be honest my budget isnt limitless and ive been drawn to eotech type sights on amazon (mini diva i think its called) but wouldnt mind mini red dot type sights also.
    I use a BSA 30mm 1:1 red dot two of them (I sometimes duel wield). It's actually a red dot for real guns so presumably OK with recoil of real guns.. It works well. I can hit the bottom of coke cans with it at 20 or so metres. I've only needed to adjust it once when I dropped my gun. Batteries last ages. It cost me £10. You can buy them for about £12. You will need a polycarbonate lens protector though. I glued on a 3mm polycarbonate disc on the front (50p) this does cause the red dot to ghost (2 red dots that merge into a really fat one) on the highest 3 settings though I tend to use it on setting 1 or 2. Or you might want a T1 which is a fair bit higher up. Alias a user on here is selling one (a BSA 30x1 red dot not the T1!) for £12.
    Last edited by KenIchikawa; 27 November, 2016, 23:38. Reason: derp

Comment

Thanks for the answer, ill probably have alook at a T1? if its higher up as the gun has a fore sight i cannot remove. Ill have alook through classifieds for Alias's post.

And ill leave the guns internals well alone.

Thanks again

Comment

HI Sythur welcome to the forum
        ATB Marc
        Some Guns In My Collection:
        Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
        My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Welcome aboard Sythur, and yep, all's good with your gun at that FPS ..
          "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

Fps seems fine to me. The bsa is a good shout. I'd avoid eBay 'airsoft red dot'. I imagine some are good, but I bought one that resembled a short aimpoint and the dot was a huge blurry mess. If you have the budget, nuprol stuff seems to be quite nice for a fair price.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sythur Find out more about Sythur
              Working...
              X