Collapse

C02 mags = 1 magazine per 12g c02 bulb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C02 mags = 1 magazine per 12g c02 bulb?

I saw a C02 gun recently. Is it simply a case of each 12g c02 bulb can shoot one magazine and you have to chuck it (the bulb) away?

In that if you remove the magazine surely the c02 bulb vents to open air right and therefore becomes useless?!

Revolvers like Dan Wesson dont have this issue as ammunition is separate from the c02.

Or can you remove a c02 magazine and it will still retain the c02 inside with some sort of valve?

Am I correct?

Thanks
    Last edited by KenIchikawa; 1 December, 2016, 15:38. Reason: more info

Re: C02 mags = 1 magazine per 12g c02 bulb?

Some of the c02 pistols I have used have got 3+ mags out of a bulb. But i would guess it depends on the pistol as well.
    If you are on about using a mag and throwing it away that's a bit weird. The bulb will act as a gas reservoir in a gas mag would. When it runs out you change it. If you remove the bulb when it isnt empty it will vent and make the mag very cold depending on how much co2 is left in it, but just removing the mag will keep the gas in.
    Last edited by skippyasi; 1 December, 2016, 15:50. Reason: additional info

Comment

No. unless it's a Tippmann m4 it won't vent any gas when removing the mag. Co2 doesn't seem to hold for a while like green gas does. It will hold pressure that day (assuming you don't use it all) but they do leak a little over time. But no, you should get a few mags out of 1 co2 bulb.

Comment

Ah thanks.

I see now I saw a C02 pistol today and the magazine seals the C02 bulb completely at the bottom inside a chamber which acts as the gas reservoir so it's more or less a green gas gun but instead of a full inlet it's an entire chamber.

Comment

If it's being used in an all metal pistol you'll be lucky to get 1.5 maybe 2 loads through before it's empty. Also Co2 has a terrible cool down factor, much worse than Green Gas.
          Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

My co2 WE m9 marine version gets a couple of mags to 1 bulb of co2 . That was last used Wednesday night at the Gaol evening game so quite chilly aswell. On the plus side bulbs are easy to carry especially compared to gas cans however my mags require a tool to unscrew the cap that holds the bulb so gas is easier to refill in game.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul55 View Post
              If it's being used in an all metal pistol you'll be lucky to get 1.5 maybe 2 loads through before it's empty. Also Co2 has a terrible cool down factor, much worse than Green Gas.

Hi Paul, it's the other way around mate, green gas is more weather dependent and has a greater cooldown then co2,
              All my metal co2 guns will out perform my metal green gas guns, and it's why people which to co2 or red/black gas in the winter as green gas has the greatest cooldown.
              I'll be switching to a co2 magazine for my limcat custom build Hi-Capa.
              Don't need to worry too much about it in our plastic TM guns though a mate
              ATB Marc.
              Some Guns In My Collection:
              Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
              My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KenIchikawa Find out more about KenIchikawa
              Working...
              X