Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camo trousers/kit advice

Hi folks,

Im after some camo trousers for the larger gentleman im 6ft4 so have problems getting things that fit in the leg anybody got any recommendations?

I was considering http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6731 as they are on sale etc but would ideally like something with knee pads as ive ruined mine falling of motorbikes over the years.

If need be ill take a trip to a army surplus store but thought it was worth asking and potentially saving myself a trip into town.....at xmas

Thanks

Sythur

Re: Camo trousers/kit advice

Are you after DPM in particular? if so
    I got myself a pair of Kombat uk special forces trousers, they have built in soft knee pads, and padding in all the areas you need it, i'm only 6ft1, but mine have plenty of leg length left in them, i'm around a 34"- 36" waist , more towards the 36 tbh.

the ones in the link look great from Zeroone, but not sure if they have padding in them from the looks of it. also there's normally loads of posts on here from members selling good gear, depends on your budget really.

also have really bad knees, and always seem to find those little stumps/posts that perfectly hit you where you don't need it.

Alternatively you can get a pair of knee pads to fit over the camo trousers,
    http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=1671

Comment

I got my kit off eBay, I got a DPM SOLDIER 95 triple bundle. Trousers, shirt and jacket for £25 free s/h. I'm 6'3 1/2" myself, tall n slim. It's basically armysurplus on eBay, but do a search for your camp first. Hopefully that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Try britishmilitarysurplus on eBay that's the correct seller I got mines from.

Comment

Hi, also 6' 4" and have 34" waist, for Soldier 95 DPM you want army label size;

LEG / WAIST / SEAT
        85/84/100 to 85/88/104

If i plan on a lot of knee bashing i wear my MTB knee/shin guards under my trousers, much comfier!

Comment

You can get plenty of camo on ebay dirt cheap, but I do recommend kneepads. I got a pair of Viper Tacticals from a guy on here and they make such a difference. I tried a pair of stand alone knee pads but found them annoying trying to keep them in place, and Im not exactly running about when wearing them. However if you cant find a pair of trousers with them built in to take into account your height they are an option. some of the sports knee pads are a better fit than the "tactical" ones you tie around your knee as well.

Comment

I use a pair of neoprene/gel gardening kneepads under my trousers, they are extremely comfortable and being soft & flexible don't move around much

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sythur Find out more about Sythur
            Working...
            X