Collapse

Marshals siding with friends - not calling 50 / 50 kills - Opinions appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshals siding with friends - not calling 50 / 50 kills - Opinions appreciated

An incident which took place during one of my many games at this site, however because of this player it resulted in a team member being banned from the site for calling the player a D%$k for not calling his hits all day.
    This later escalated to another marshal who approached my team member with intent to aggravate and cause a potential fight but in the end he was told not to return.
    Spoke directly to the marshals of the site via email showing them the footage which can be seen below however they are dismissing any wrong doing by the player in question stating "Firstly let me say that the footage you posted shows you going around a corner with your gun pointed to the ground" "We all agree that it shows [The player] seeing you first and probably getting his shot off first, although the low quality cannot show it for certain"

Was it a clear 50 / 50 kill?

What is known regarding this player in question is that he is in fact very good mates with the marshals of the site and that they would rather side with this level of play keeping this one player instead of 5 honest players.
    Should marshals be more strict to players regardless of friendship status?

your thoughts, opinions and criticisms welcomed.

Re: Marshals siding with friends - not calling 50 / 50 kills - Opinions appreciated

I understand why you'd be a little pissed because it's very close, it does look like other player shot first but there was such a miniscule time between it, if I was the other player I would have also called the hit.

I guess it depends on the player in question and their sportsmanship.

Comment

Re: Marshals siding with friends - not calling 50 / 50 kills - Opinions appreciated

I doubt very few people in the history of airsoft have had genuine 50/50 kills where they were both hit in the EXACT picosecond. But that's not what the 50/50 is about. it's about good sportsmanship.

Comment

Can't really tell from the footage but if you are both hit in that footage then that really is a 1 for 1. Bear in mind in that split second you might have missed by millimetres though.

But yes, no player preference should be shown. I would imagine it's more a case of marshalls believing that player is good enough and honest enough that a Marshall will go into any altercation with a view to what's most likely to be going on, which again, is wrong, but human error.

Comment

Frankly, if a player can't take/accept/comprehend a hit on them at roughly the same time as they themself have fired too, then it says a huge amount about their approach to sportsmanship and a hobby that is pretty much reliant on it.
          Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Comment

It's a business so all Marshall and owners should treat it as such with all paying players being equal. Like someone said though you would hope most would just take a 50/50 kill out of respect for others , I've even taken one when I didn't hear or feel anything as it only takes for a BB to hit a mag pouch for it to be unnoticed. Just write it off as a bad experience do a review and if there's a really issue others will have noticed to and it will be in black and white for the world to see

Comment

Originally posted by lemon191 View Post
              It's a business so all Marshall and owners should treat it as such with all paying players being equal. Like someone said though you would hope most would just take a 50/50 kill out of respect for others ,
              I've seen this too there are sites where friends of marshals play, rules suddenly change part way through the game.

People seldom return.

Comment

What annoys me the most about some of the players I have met who happen to be friends with the marshals tend to use that position to enforce their own rules when they see fit. Best example being which I have footage of was when I shot one of these said players first (double tap to make sure) and he calls me out as being hit with out actually firing a shot. The site does not enforce a bang rule but rather than just argue it I just called the hit and re-spawned.

Personally I feel from reading the reply I got from the marshals and looking back at some of the footage I have from the site it does just seem they simply do not want us playing at the site no more which is a real shame as the site was perfect. But to call myself and others on my team cheaters after them defending what is clearly a player with no honor in this sport really does annoy me to no end.

Comment

Here's my two cents, if I may

Regarding the video footage, I think that the other player should have taken it. You have to ask yourself a few questions before going at other people, like "did I fire the shot and hit them before they hit me?", "is there the possibility I missed?", "how wrong are they if they don't take it?"

Personally if it was me, I would have just called it out. I have a habit of calling hits even I'm not 100% sure I've been hit, and people will often tell me they appreciate that. I've had people say to me "I hit you" a fair few teams, and instead of standing there and disputing it I've just gone "oh okay, no problem. I'll call myself out all the same", and gone to respawn. The game is just meant to be fun, I don't care about walking back to the safe zone if it keeps other players happy. Some people have short fuses, and I really just can't be bothered getting into a fight about it.

Sadly though, not everyone else thinks the same. Some people are real die-hards.

Regarding the marshals and business side of things though, based on your story I would agree that yes, they probably did exhibit a bit of favouritism. I would recommend just quietly leaving without a fuss, then post the footage and your story online

Comment

Vote with your feet, in this day and age, a drop in income is going to hurt all but a massive site to some degree, especially if there are a few of you.

Comment

As a marshal, there cannot be any favouritism.

Regarding the video clip, if the other player was hit he should have taken it as both players shot at roughly the same time; if he was not hit, which is possible, then fair enough.

In that situation, I would believe the other player if he said that he had not been hit unless I actually saw the BB hit him.

Like Kodiak, I take hits if I am not sure; I have even taken hits when a player has missed me if he or she has done something pretty special to get the shot off.

Comment

The whole point of 50-50 isn't who hit who first. Both got hit, both dead. Been to a few sites where the "regulars" ruin the day and we never return. They are obviously far better than we are and couldn't possibly have been hit by us. Either way the sites in question miss out on 15+ site fees and pass it on to the competition. When they realise that the one "dick" player is actually costing them money I'm sure they'll do something about it. Rant over

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I have been attending the site in question for many years, I can definitely say the site and its marshals have made me a better player during my time there but after these recent events I feel sold out. Although despite these players who are friends with the marshals its the player marshals who would have driven us away sooner or later anyway. There has been so many engagements with them that they do not call hit unless you get them into a position where they know they can't get out, and also call you out as being hit but actually missing. It got to the point where if your in a fire fight with a marshal its better to just take a hit regardless of being hit instead of just arguing about it. This would always frustrate myself and my team but we always try to just better ourselves to the point that the player marshals don't get those opportunities to question who hit who first.

As for the footage above I can say I definitely did hit him, I never felt being hit but I certainly heard a hit which I'm pretty sure was my hit on him but I decided to call it purely because I wasn't 100% sure he missed or not and I would much rather just take the 50 / 50 as I like to be fair as I possibly can during the games. In the video he says "No I shot you first" which he does not deny that I hit him but I think that day he just had god mode enabled. He caused a lot of frustration with other players on my team that my team mate had to sit out for a moment to calm down which the marshals saw as him "sulking" but after more engagements with the player my team mate just pointed him out saying he does not call hits and ended up calling him a dick which he and the marshals were not happy about. I even spoke to the marshals at the end of the game and they knew exactly who I was talking about so they obviously have had complaints from other players which I also have footage of. I wasn't planning on including the email in full but it would be rather interesting to see what every one thinks.
                          I do not wish to give names so I shall edit them out.

Regarding the game on 24th July.
                          Firstly let me say that the footage you posted shows you going around a corner with your gun pointed to the ground and [The Player in video] walking towards you with his gun shouldered. We all agree that it shows [The player] seeing you first and probably getting his shot off first, although the low quality cannot show it for certain. Unless footage is of high quality it is somewhat pointless using it to settle a dispute. We have hours of HD footage showing players not taking hits, including yourself and [Team mate], which we have not published but we keep in our archives. We can slow our footage to frame by frame to show the flight of the bbs but it all gets a bit silly if we have to constantly refer to it to prove a point. When Jack started playing he was so fast and accurate that we had complaints that he was cheating. The footage proved otherwise but we couldn’t be bothered to publish it as it seemed too petty. Everyone at our site has, at some point, not taken their hits. That’s airsoft. If you intend to analyse footage from every game just to prove a point your camera will have to be top quality, you will have to be 100% sure and you will probably go mad.
                          We started our site to have fun playing airsoft with like minded people. We have put a lot of time and money into it and game fees go to running and improving the site. We are not a profit making business and we do it for the love of airsoft. I get very annoyed when the day is spoilt by players who think they can act like dicks. I witnessed two instances of your mate being a dick. Our marshal Paul was sick of him before the end of the first game and went in to calm down. Our other marshal Jacob received complaints from the other team all morning and when Tom went in totally pissed off I had totally had enough. I told your mate that he had quite obviously sulked when I called him out and that he had been a dick all day. I think that the effect he had on the day made my comments to him very fair, just and totally necessary. I do not like him and I do not want him at our site, which I said to his face. Would you rather I didn’t say anything to him and bitch about him on my keyboard?. Sorry but I am not two faced, I say it as it is.
                          It may be that [The player], like [Player Marshal] had to, will have to take more 50-50s and walk away, which will no doubt not sit well with him ( as it didn’t with [player marshal] ), but hey , that’s life. I know that he is an excellent player and sportsman and I would be very happy to play alongside or against him anytime. I have noticed a pattern over the years playing airsoft, of good players being accused of cheating and getting despondent with it. It would be very sad if that happened to our good players and we were just left with dicks to play against.
                          When your team left [Player marshal] asked the others if they had had a problem with [The player] and they all said not.
                          All this petty crap that goes with running an airsoft site makes me question why I do it because, at the end of the day, it is only a game
                          One thing I would like to add, The marshal approached my team mate looking to cause aggravation, I honestly thought a fight would ensue as the marshal was continuously getting in his space. marshal goes on to say my team mate has sulked for most of the day which my team mate explains he sat out to calm down before things got more tense because of the player not calling his hits. He also stated that my team mate was out of line for calling the player a dick which resulted him being banned from the site. At that point my team left and a few other players on our team followed stating after witnessing what they did they will not be returning.

That concludes my story.

Comment

Reading that response just confirms what type of site it is.

Won't ever waste my money there,

You will get the odd site that's run like this I think that's just fact I stopped going to a place for similar reasons but it wasn't the marshals that were the problem it was the local regular players

Take it as experience and find a better site

Comment

That email should make any decision to return a lot easier.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dan_uk86 Find out more about Dan_uk86
                              Working...
                              X