Looking for a focusable torch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a focusable torch!

As the title states, I'm after a good quality focusable torch.

Need something that can focus it's beam down to around 200mm at a distance of 30/50m.

Any recommendations welcome even if it's not to my needs at this time.

Re: Looking for a focusable torch!

http://www.andrewdavidson.com/articles/led/
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

200mm @ 30M is pretty damn focused.

Dont know your intentions but ive used an LED LENSER P6 with great effect in underground bunker / tunnel site complexes, very effective when on full focus at 50M

Comment

+1 for led.lensers, I use a 7.2 for work and its the dogs. 20cm @ 30m is asking a lot, I think you'd struggle tbh.

Comment

Yeh tough as too, mine is 5 years old, gets used dailey at work with oil, dirt and coolant, has been kicked and dropped countless times then occasionally drafted into an airsoft skirmish

Comment

Ditto for the lensers, got two, & in fact their the only brand I've come across that focus can be adjusted.

Comment

Sounds like the led lensers are getting good feedback, is there any specific mod you suggest?

Comment

As said before depends what usage its for, a lot of the LENSERS are quite fat bodied which rules them out if you wanted to mount on a rifle.

Also what your budget is

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
                  As said before depends what usage its for, a lot of the LENSERS are quite fat bodied which rules them out if you wanted to mount on a rifle.

Also what your budget is
                  That was the plan mate, looking for something for the CQB days, something I can focus in and help with target acquisition

Comment

Alot of the LENSERS have beam focus, i have a P7.2 like Minimi also, this has beam focus but *personally* i havnt seen or used one that has a tighter focus than the P6.

If you read the specs the P6 only has a beam range of 120M, most other LENSERS on paper have greater range than this, which is true, but it isnt a focused distance if that makes sense.
                    The P6 also has a narrow 19mm body allowing it to be mounted using most generic torch mounts, whereas pretty much all other LENSERS have bodies over 30mm.
                    You can get mounts this big but they are harder to find and usually more costly.
                    However the P6 doesnt have strobe.

Depending on where you play, for the most part in CQB / dark games i find a strobe to be far more usefull than a long range torch.
                    The disorientating effects are extremely effective in giving you the edge over your opponent for an accurate shot.

There are many good strobe mode torches, my favourite of late is the Klarus XT2C, although no beam focus it has a bloody good range on straight light, the varying strobe is intense and you can get remote switch tail housings.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
                      Alot of the LENSERS have beam focus, i have a P7.2 like Minimi also, this has beam focus but *personally* i havnt seen or used one that has a tighter focus than the P6.

If you read the specs the P6 only has a beam range of 120M, most other LENSERS on paper have greater range than this, which is true, but it isnt a focused distance if that makes sense.
                      The P6 also has a narrow 19mm body allowing it to be mounted using most generic torch mounts, whereas pretty much all other LENSERS have bodies over 30mm.
                      You can get mounts this big but they are harder to find and usually more costly.
                      However the P6 doesnt have strobe.

Depending on where you play, for the most part in CQB / dark games i find a strobe to be far more usefull than a long range torch.
                      The disorientating effects are extremely effective in giving you the edge over your opponent for an accurate shot.

There are many good strobe mode torches, my favourite of late is the Klarus XT2C, although no beam focus it has a bloody good range on straight light, the varying strobe is intense and you can get remote switch tail housings.
                      Thanks for your reply, currently looking up the klarus xt2c for my other gun.

Have ordered the P6, is there any scope mount you could help me find? All the mounts I can find are 1inch scope rings or there offset, preferably I'm after something like the scope ring but that will fit the torch

Comment

I've got a Tracer LEDray F400, http://www.gunmart.net/accessories_r...er_ledray_f400. At £90 it's not cheap but it does the business: 300m range, 350 lumens, focusable, 3 light levels plus strobe and it all comes in a hard case with with rail mounts, remote switch and lanyard. I use it on my air rifle but it goes on my airsofts as well where the remote switch comes in handy.
                        I recommend it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ROBERT--1993 Find out more about ROBERT--1993
                        Working...
                        X