Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Two side arms! More the merrier!? General self righteous verbal diarrhoea thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two side arms! More the merrier!? General self righteous verbal diarrhoea thread.

Hello fellow players!

It's been a little while since I was here, I have too much time and too many guns I want to use! Here's my dilemma/brainwave/noggin-fart. My current loadout comprises of a very sniper like DMR and covert battle belt. On my right leg I've got my tm g18 and on my left I've got a utility style pouch for spare stuff. On my belt I carry one triple mag pouch, one spare battery pouch, another utility/mag/pyro pouch and my drop legs.

But I do have room!.. for a tidy little lefty Blackhawk pistol holster which would nicely house my tm M&p 9 with laser/touch.... might this work? Even if I didn't duel wield like some crazed call of duty muppet high on monster!? Logic being!.. yes there is some.. that one pistol with two mags might not last a fire fight in a cqb environment. But two with 5 mags might!? I'm unsure still until I've tried my theory. But thought I'd share my mental clockwork!

Now I'll show case my guns and running gear. 

IMG_0897.jpg

My rifle is a VLTOR LMT Defender 2000 body barrel and rail set up with a protein hop chamber madbul python 6.03 inner barrel promy purple and flat hop do-dad. The great box is a custom gaurder/modify high torque joby producing about 300 FPS (new spring time ) and running off a g&p ultra m120 motor! It's very smooth ... and I've furnished a manual focus 9-40 scope AFG Surefire P6 and magpul grip/ctr stock!

My pride and joy this rifle. As you might be able to tell...  It's complimented by my TM side arms! Which hold up for both range and accuracy. So that's my current situation.

Would love to hear your thoughts/experiences with DMR complementary loadouts! So please...  Fire away!

Re: Two side arms! More the merrier!? General self righteous verbal diarrhoea thread.

A rug ate your rifle.

Duel wielding pistols isn't nooby, it's awesome, go for it.

If anyone questions you simply shake your head sadly and say "we mock what we do not understand..." then turn away and walk off really slowly, gazing at the sky and whistling something French.

Comment

Re: Two side arms! More the merrier!? General self righteous verbal diarrhoea thread.

I've played with two sidearms and a main AEG before. Hell, I once played in a ghillie suit, with an MP5K, PSG-1 AND one of my metal Desert Eagles. There's nothing wrong with having two sidearms, in fact in certain situations it can be quite practical.

It's all down to you and how you manage your gear. I've had guns ranging from big/massive (PSG-1, S&W M500 revolver, Desert Eagles, AMT Hardballer Longslide) to small and compact (Glock 36) and I've always been able to manage quite well.

In terms of build, I'm 6ft 1" and 11.2st roughly and I'm not that physically fit or strong. But if I can run with a PSG-1, a SMG and a big metal pistol, I'm sure most other people can too If you optimize your gear for comfort and efficiency (e.g.: the right holsters mounted on the right places on your body, with the right amount of magazines), there's no reason why you can't have 2 sidearms.

Here's a couple of little stories about instances where two sidearms has come in handy. When I was using my PSG-1, MP5K, metal Desert Eagle and ghillie suit, I only carried gas, a small amount of BB's and a drink bottle with me so my gear was mostly light. My MP5K was on a single point sling, hanging under my right arm. My Desert Eagle was holstered in a shoulder holster, on the left outer side of my chest under my left arm. I used the MP5K when people came rushing in my direction, and the Desert Eagle when there was only 1 or 2 people to shoot. The MP5K was noisier than the Desert Eagle, so both were good in different situations.

Before I gold plated my other Desert Eagle, I'd sometimes play with both the black and silver metal ones in a dual shoulder holster arrangement with a TM SOPMOD M4 as my primary. In woodland two handguns wasn't the most efficient thing (especially with them being metal and a bit heavier), but I remember lying down prone at the top of a small hill with no ammo left in any of my magazines. 3 guys came walking up the side towards where I was at the top, so I put my SOPMOD M4 on the ground, pulled out both of my handguns and shot all 3 of them.

So the point I'm trying to make is simple; if there's a practical use for it, or it's more fun, or you want two handguns just because, then do it It's up to nobody else but you.

Comment

I've taken to wearing a light chest rig (OPS) with a SERPA mounted on the left, for my TM P226 E2, and then a Safariland 6004 for my TM M9A1. I'll then just have an AEG and a few mags placed within the chest rig. Light, maneuverable and packing plenty of heat when required!
        Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jakeas Find out more about jakeas
        Working...
        X