TM G18c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM G18c

Hi, I recently got a TM g18C first pistol I ever owned so dont know much about them.
    I filled the mag up with gas and bbs, load it all up. I go to fire and all I hear is *click*
    the trigger locks back as if there were no mag ( slide doesnt move at all ) and no bb is fired...
    Any help? I dont think I have broken anything, literally opened it up and tried to fire..
    It worked fine in the shop when the man test fired it.

Re: TM G18c

Did you pull the slide back to load your first BB?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=SwiftAce360;1461570]Did you pull the slide back to load your first BB?

Yeah I did ;/ Still just clicks back and nothing happens ;/

Comment

Check to make sure the mag actually has gas in it and make sure it clicks when you push the mag in

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERT--1993 View Post
          Check to make sure the mag actually has gas in it and make sure it clicks when you push the mag in
          Just did. Definately has gas in it, I made sure I heard the click. I managed to fire three rounds before it did it again ( standard mag ). So i switched to the extended mag and it just did the same as before, trigger locks back and I just hear a click...

Comment

Same prob in full auto? Are you able to upload a video?

I think you may have to take it back.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds daft but are the bbs loaded properly

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

The gas would still go off and slide reciprocate irrespective of the state of the BB's. I think this gun is faulty.

Comment

I'm surprised if you have a faulty TM G18 especially if its brand new, TM are very well known for their quality out of the box, but before we declare this one a lemon lets do the following to save you the trip (read all of this first!)

Check the mag first, they are usually the first culprits in most GBBs
                  You might want to get a pair of gloves for this
                  first locate the valve knocker on the back of the mag near the top, should be a brass ring with silver bit in the middle.
                  Grip the mag in your hand and using your thumb, push the silver bit down gently, it might be a bit firm, if it goes in easily then there is no gas (therefore no pressure) in the mag.
                  Don't squish the middle bit too hard too fast or all the gas (if any) will escape in one go possibly freezing the rubber seals which weakens them and you may get freeze burn on your finger if your not careful.

If gas comes out then we know there is gas in the mag, if nothing or very little comes out then the mag wasn't gassed up properly.

To gas up the mag, turn it upside down so that the fill valve faces you, then insert a fresh and shaken Green gas bottle and hold down for about 5 seconds, TM mags have a small pressure relief valve where once the mag is full it vents the gas out the fill port.

I know telling you to turn the mag upside down sounds daft but a lot of people oversee this, most shops and seasoned airsofters forget to tell new people that you have to turn the mag upside down to gas it properly, gravity has an important role here, i did it myself when new into airsoft and wondered why my SRC 1911 only fired 5 shots before stopping.

Try and press the valve knocker again, it should be firm and stiff to depress compared to when the mag was empty.

Insert the mag (empty without BBs) into the G18c, rack the slide back, it should lock back in place, depress the slide release to allow the slide to move forward, aim in a safe direction (wear eye pro always) and pull the trigger.

Should the gun work it should fire and lock the slide to the rear, double check that its working again by releasing the slide and firing again, it should lock back again, then depress and hold the slide release down and pull the trigger a few times the gun should cycle fine.

If it does not work then lets look if the valve knocker is moving fine.
                  • First remove the magazine and ensure the trigger is at the rear
                  • Rack the slide back and release it to cock the weapon (trigger should move into firing position)
                  • Above the trigger and forwards of it you should see a small lever with ridges on both sides of the gun
                  • Holding the pistol grip in your right hand, grip this ridge lever using the thumb and forefinger of your left hand and pull it down on both sides simultaneously and hold it there.
                  • Move your right hand off the pistol grip keeping hold of the weapon with the left hand holding the ridge lever down and using your right hand push the slide forwards, the slide should now come off easily.
                  • Inspect the working parts of the gun and ensure nothing looks broken
                  • If everything appears to be fine inspect the rear of the gun where you should see two notches one infront of the other and something that looks similar to a ball bearing wheel.
                  • Pull the trigger gently until you feel the break but dont pull it all the way, just look at the trigger bar and spring, does everything actuate properly
                  • Pull the trigger fully and the ball bearing bit should shoot up from its housing, at the same time in the mag well a piece of metal should shoot out from the same housing as the ball bear wheel, this is the valve knocker

If the valve knocker has not shot out then we can rule this as the problem.

• If it does pop out then the last thing to do its dry fire it without the slide, as you have already pulled the trigger by now.
                  • First looking down at the gun with the barrel end point away from you
                  • Push the little notch in the rear housing down, if your confused which one, move the trigger and one of the notches will move, push this one down, that should reset the trigger.
                  • The push the ball bearing wheel back into its housing until it clicks
                  • Gas up mag as described before and insert it into the gun
                  • In a safe and well ventilated place pull the trigger
                  • The gas should escape the gun in one go
                  • This should confirm to us that the trigger, valve and valve knockers are fine.

If this has still not solved your problem then its likely to be an issue with the Blow Back Unit, i cant help you on this as the TM G18c has a different BBU (to accommodate for the auto fire). TM Glocks all more or less share the same lowers but their slides differ based on what kind of Glock you have in terms of marking, length, colours etc

Take it back to the shop once you have tried all the above, show them the issue and watch them use it infront of you in case theres anything you or they may have missed out.

Comment

Another thing to watch for is that the magazine fill valve is in line with the gas bottle. Check your manual, it'll show you the correct way.

I personally wouldn't strip it down, just take it back to the shop.
                    Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

"If it does pop out then the last thing to do its dry fire it without the slide, as you have already pulled the trigger by now.
                      First looking down at the gun with the barrel end point away from you
                      Push the little notch in the rear housing down, if your confused which one, move the trigger and one of the notches will move, push this one down, that should reset the trigger.
                      The push the ball bearing wheel back into its housing until it clicks
                      Gas up mag as described before and insert it into the gun
                      In a safe and well ventilated place pull the trigger
                      The gas should escape the gun in one go
                      This should confirm to us that the trigger, valve and valve knockers are fine."

It does all that, apart from when I go to dry fire, I get exactly the same. *click* trigger locks back...

Comment

Originally posted by Crofters View Post

It does all that, apart from when I go to dry fire, I get exactly the same. *click* trigger locks back...
                        The i can only recommend you take the gun back if its the BBU.

Keep us posted so we can find out what was causing the gun to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Shizbazki View Post
                          The i can only recommend you take the gun back if its the BBU.

Keep us posted so we can find out what was causing the gun to fail.
                          Will do.. Will have to take it in on the 7th, busy all week. Will let you know then.

Comment

I have almost exactly the same problem with a KSC/KWA G23F, after carefully venting some gas from the mag it might just fire the 23 BBs in the mag, but with a full mag it seems like it can't depress the valve enough to fire a BB with any great force nor cycle the slide. It's the same with valves from my KWA HK45 (which worked flawlessly with the exact same valves off the "Glock"), so it's not the valves but nevertheless the guy from MilSpec thought it was, swapped them out and sent it straight back again with no change to the symptoms.

I'm going to have to insist next time, but first I'll swap out the valves once more seeing as he kindly sent me a couple of spares.

And yes I was filling the mag upside down and all this is indoors at room temp as I had to tell the guy. I am not a complete idiot.
                            I'm even filling it up canted at a 45 degree angle as per his instructions!!!
                            I appreciate the time he's put in but it's clear to me he's busy barking up the wrong tree.

I also have a TM G18C and now I've realised that it can't take powerful gas and is always going to be low powered, I guess it's OK. But it's too light and plasticy feeling.

Comment

I would half fill the mag, could be that the gas you're using is to powerful so the knocker isn't hitting the mag valve hard enough to excrete the gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Crofters Find out more about Crofters
                              Working...
                              X