Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE M4 bolt catch......

Hi all,

Currently having what seems like common issues with a new WE M4 with the bolt catch system.... and looking for other peoples experience with these..

Main problem is it is been very un-reliable... i.e. not catching the bolt...

Have applied a couple of shims to the catch to stop it moving side/side so much, which seems to have helped some.... when you manually move the bolt back it catches, but when firing it is still very hit and miss (seems to need the mag in the right place).

The main issue I see is that there is a LOT of friction between the little pin on the mag and the catch it's self which stops it moving properly (feels like the two parts rub together and then don't move very well as the catch is trying to move 45degrees away from the pin)?

Is there any way to make this reliable?

Also the second question, partly related, is the RAtech steel bolt (I was looking at the full kit with: carrier/bolt/gas parts with the NPAS istalled) and catch any good, will it help the above at all, and more generally is it worth the 'upgrade' or not, interested in opinions?!

Cheers

Matt

About the Author

Collapse

mattaddiction 30 odd, been in to Airsoft since I was about 15, recently re-discovered Skirmishing (end of 2012). From North Herts/South Cambridgeshire area. Looking to make contact with any Airsofters in my area. Currently play at Urban Assault in Peterborough, AWAherts is also fairly close, but not yet made it there. Find out more about mattaddiction
Working...
X