Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM L96 AWS Issues

Hi,

I've been having some issues with my Tokyo Marui L96 AWS and was hoping someone would be able to offer a solution.

Firstly, it seems to have a jamming problem. When I push the bolt forward to load a BB, sometimes the BB gets jammed in the ramp-system that the gun uses, and so I am no longer able to close the bolt as the BB stops the bolt from going all the way forward and so I have to dismantle the gun to remove the jammed BB. This happens with different brands of BB's so I think it may just be due to the design of the gun.

Secondly, I have upgraded the gun with a full Edgi kit, and Airsoft Pro trigger and ever since, the bolt pull has been very stiff, I know the stronger spring will make the bolt pull harder. obviously, but it feels like there is excessive friction between either the piston and inside of the cylinder or the outside of the cylinder and the receiver. I have put a good amount of Lithium grease on the outside of the cylinder and silicone oil on the inside and it seems to make little difference. When I take the spring out, the bolt slides extremely smoothly in the receiver which is why I think it is an internal problem.

Thirdly, the gun is very inaccurate and the fps varies by about 40fps. I asked Edgi to make a 480fps spring, to ensure it was easily below the 500fps limit, but the gun sometimes shoots at 540fps down to 480fps. I don't believe there are any air leaks.

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated and feel free to ask questions for additional information.

Thanks

Shaun

About the Author

Collapse

ShaunJ25 Find out more about ShaunJ25
Working...
X