Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMR build - advice please :)

Evening all,

Just picked myself up an excellent little project DMR to get stuck into and looking for some advice on how to increase range and accuracy.

It's a GG base rif running 380 fps mechanically locked to semi internally.

Heard lots of different takes on how to increase range and accuracy but not really heard anything concrete.

Just wondering what the experience is here.........

Cheers all any help would be appreciated

Re: DMR build - advice please

Hi! My personal experiences...

Airseal airseal airseal! This is your consistency which is key, you should have FPS deviation to +/- 1 FPS, when testing make sure that the muzzle is in exactly the same place relative to the chrono as firing through the chrono from different angles / offsets / distance effects measuring.

So far my best and easiest results have been from a combo ofprommy purple bucking with BIC biro tube nub or black prommy flat hop nub.
    R hop is the ultimate but unless everything is absolutely 100% cock on they are just dire!

Ironically as ive gone through the years and different projects i am really seeing a definite pattern that is shorter barrels are more accurate, at 400FPS i think that 300mm is more than enough when used with a TBB (6.03 and less). 500FPS upto 450mm.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem with a short barrel is that you need it to end in open atmosphere not inside a marginally larger outer barrel, in your case i would shorten the outer barrel and run a lonnnng suppressor if you want to keep the DMR ego extender / length look

Comment

Consistency is the key to accuracy, if your gun was 100% consistent then the accuracy would just be up to you, the BB and the wind.

I would say, make sure there is great air seals in the gearbox and again in the hop, do this by disassembling your gearbox, getting out the cylinder assembly (head and piston too) then assemble it outside the gearbox, put your finder over the end of the cylinder head and push the piston into the cylinder, ideally the piston should not go down, you should be able to press really hard and it will not leak air, this will give you the best consistency, you can also try this using the nozzle on the end of the cylinder head but as I have found there is almost non that will leak NO air out of the air nozzle, try this with the hop as well (ie blow down your barrel or loading nozzle whilst covering the other holes and try not get grease in your mouth) if there is any place where it is not air tight excluding the air nozzle then you should probably look at what you need to replace to make it air tight.

If you are looking at getting a longer barrel you really should check if your cylinder is ported and for what length barrel, if it was say ported for a 370mm and you put in a 450mm you would probably see a decrease in FPS. As for accuracy, I have found making sure the speed of the BB isnt too fast really helps, the best spot for BB speed is in my opinion, 280-330. Any faster and the BB can throw itself off because as it comes out the barrel it meets more combined resistance with the air, simple way to do this, use heavier BBs. Any lower just means increased time to target. If it is still the stock G&G barrel then I would change that too.

Comment

Sounds like some fair advice from both thanks.

I've heard lots of notions about a 6.04 being used with a standard m16 length barrel being about right for that bore. Off the top of my head I have no idea what length barrel is in the Rif at the moment. I need to get it stripped and see what's what.

From a brief look, I don't think the hop is standard, it looks like a red aluminium hop unit at a glance.

Whilst I'm not particularly bothered about having it sit bang on 400 fps, I just want it to out range an aeg. Obviously I'm on going to be getting bolt action levels of performance.

Also read a lot about taping the inner barrel up with ptfe tape to reduce movement and vibrations much like spacers would on a vsr for example.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mole1811 Im a self confessed Airsoft nut! Just wishing he had the money to splash out on lots of new toys Find out more about Mole1811
        Working...
        X