Experiences please GBBR vs HPA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Experiences please GBBR vs HPA

The build was originally an AEG build but I decided I liked the ability to tune the power and the quietness. Also fancied something new.

I've ran a GBBR for a while too and yeah great fun as a main battle rifle but fell the HPA will be better suited to keeping things quiet.

I could have went down the P* route but I wanted to keep the budget in the lower end and also I have access to CO2, so if having HPA ever becam e a problem the inferno can take CO2 when using he grip regulator. So that was factored into the scalability of the project

Comment

Some good aspects on your reaon for that HPA system that i hadnt considered thanks Gus.
      How did you find running a GBBR at range in woodland / open sites?
      You purely going HPA just for noise levels?

Also have properly checked out the Tippmann, not for me i think.

I understand people dont want to get into openly stating what their RIF is capable of shooting and at what distance as it inevitably invites nasty comments, i would be extremely grateful if any of you are happy to PM with your findings ACCURACY-DISTANCE-SETUP

Cheers so far!

Comment

My GBBR was a mega arms MKM, ran it on propane and even in the good old Scottish autumn close to zero temps it ran fine, used .3's and got decent range but wasn't something I ever measured.

My plan for the HPA setup is to run it around the 450 mark on .2's then start using .36's, I've already got a flat hop set up but may look more into R-hops aswell but again flat hop is done and is great in all my other rifles so will give that a try first.

Once I've got it all built up and tested I'll drop u a pm with my findings if that would help, but may be a few weeks

Comment

That would be ace thanks, yeh ive definatly had good repeatable results from flat hop. R hop can be a PITA to perfect.

I think i am leaning more and more toward HPA for my main Primary, when im abit richer i would like to get a nice GBBR too!

Comment

I was thinking of doing tapping my mags but i have seen a new bolt for tm mws that is lighter and apparently works well in the cold, what i hate with hpa is the line and tank! I feels like paintball for me then, and tapping your mags makes it harder, changing hose for each mag..makes it complicated..maybe a lighter bolt is the solution..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

I have thought that, if recoil isn't your main concern lighten and short cycle all the components, even shorten the barrel, all these things should equate to the mag valve being open for a shorter period.

Another hang up is having to take a diving bottle to events, although theoretically if DMR even a 13ci stock tube tank should last all day.

Comment

Honestly just get a ghk and devilhunter mod the mags, you will never have a problem with cooldown running CO2.

Comment

Although the jokes about systema users are dying down now, the "systema users are all non hit taking, over kill, treat me special because I am systema" etc etc didn't pop out of nowhere, they stem from real systema users that made other users of systema guns look bad, & the trend to be that kind of person just grew & grew.

I saw it every single site I went to.

Now HPA is the new shiney, the 'IN THING'.

Why would you ever want to have a gun, on a hose, carrying a tank, lugging it about?
                  Freedom of movement to me is key, I can't move quickly & quietly dressed like scuba Steve & I can promise you, niether can most other HPA users.

As noted above it gives players more chance & reason to be a bad player, normally unintentionally.

Now I'll state now that I know many airsoft players personally that use HPA, they use it well, effectively & for want of a better word "politely".

But I see week in, week out, guys in all the gear, unable to feel their hits because of all the HPA they're covered in, unable to hear the sound of their hits because a tipman is so bloody loud, matched with the ability to lay down an unrelenting amount of fire power in both semi & full auto.

Match this with the failures, I see a lot of guns that fail because they're standard liquid charge gas airsoft guns tapped for HPA & it causes stress issues that retailers won't tell you about.

These things are down to the player themselves, I'm not going to start a debate on "guns don't kill people, people kill people" as I'm aware that is the case.
                  But what is also the case, previously good players - stealthy, tactical, shot counting players, converting to HPA & then simply hammering thousands of rounds in quick succession in one direction.
                  No thought, no decent tactic - just paintball.

Again, I'm never going to be as simple minded as to say every HPA user is like this, they're not so please don't take offence if you do own or operate HPA guns but from my perspective, as the person who has to clear up the trail of ill feelings that HPA leaves in its wake, I simply can't stand it.

HPA powered shotguns with 3d printed hicap mags.. That's not why you use a shotgun unless you're intending to blast your way into every room with absolute aggresion & disregard for whoever is on the receiveing end & I'm sure you've all seen it!

Plus for those people that are against 2 tone guns & the "suspension od disbelief" arguements in airsoft, HPA sits where in this?

My point?

If you're going to go with HPA, be respectful to the people on the receiving end of your kit within our sport, in every way possible - it's about being a good player which you'll find it easier to to do without HPA.

Xx

AP.
                  Last edited by Armourpiercing; 11 January, 2017, 15:57.

Comment

The whole hpa speed softer image fits with some of the points you've layed out and would agree with you on those however I massively disagree on most other points you make.

Freedom of movement is down to how your setup and your own ability of how fast you can move. I have a tank on my back and a line connected to my mp7/g36, does this hinder my movement? No. This is down to the way I have it all set up, do I look like I'm going scuba diving? No. How many times have I read that statement I don't know, it's rediculous.

Overlooking the fact that hpa is a power source and not a specific type of player is the main problem. Yes the people who spray at rediculous rof is annoying. The people who use it in gbbr's are still limited in most cases to 30rnd mags and relying on well placed shots. We are not the same.

Not taking hits? I have more issues with aeg players not taking hits. Again this can be down to clothing, equipment or just generally bad sportsmanship.

Being a better player without hpa? Whatever.
                    Using hpa has no doubt made me a better player as I can use my gas weapon more reliably and enjoy my gameplay.

Comment

As a HPA user, I'd like to offer my opinion on that argument.

"Why would you ever want to have a gun, on a hose, carrying a tank, lugging it about?"
                      So I can get a realistic experience of a rifle that has a fair amount of recoil, doesn't sound like a sewing machine, operates like it's RS counterpart and forces me to make my shots count. Please don't use the whole "attached to a line" thing, we are playing army, concepts of realism/immersion vary from person to person. The tank/reg are not heavy at all so the whole "lugging a tank around" argument is invalid.

" I can't move quickly & quietly dressed like scuba Steve"
                      Using a gun with a extra bit of equipment on it doesn't effect my ability to move quickly & quietly, it's like removing all the attachments from a gun and saying you can now more faster because the gun is more aerodynamic. I'f I'm going to dress like anyone it'll be the red ranger thank you very much

"But I see week in, week out, guys in all the gear, unable to feel their hits because of all the HPA they're covered in,"
                      HPA is not a body cast my friend. besides even if a bb hits the tank, you can still hear it. You could also add that argument to people who wear plate carriers etc.

"unable to hear the sound of their hits because a tippmann is so bloody loud, matched with the ability to lay down an unrelenting amount of fire power in both semi & full auto"
                      I ran a tippmann for a few months and I always called my hits because again, you can hear the BB hit you or your gear. As for the "unrelenting amount of fire power", TM high cycle? Alot of AEG users can and do tune their guns to ridiculous rates of fire so thats another one we can strike off the "reasons HPA is bad" list.

"I see a lot of guns that fail because they're standard liquid charge gas airsoft guns tapped for HPA"
                      I have never seen a GBBR break solely because it's been HPA tapped. If you look after/maintain your guns, they will work great for ages.

"No thought, no decent tactic - just paintball"
                      You can apply that to just about any player in some way or another. Also, the paintball milsim community would like a word with you

"Again, I'm never going to be as simple minded as to say every HPA user is like this"
                      I can agree with you on this, I think alot of the negative attitude towards HPA comes from the videos stateside of people hosing the living daylights out of each other.

"Plus for those people that are against 2 tone guns & the "suspension of disbelief" arguments in airsoft, HPA sits where in this?"
                      Repeat what I said above, realism/immersion varies from person to person.

Just my two cents, not trying to start an argument, just voicing my opinion in a peaceful manner (at least I hope it comes across as peaceful) just like you did.

Comment

There's no argument here, I'm glad that the hpa users are commenting. :-)

I knew that if I made my opinion public there would be backlash which is why I repeated the parts where I intended no offence.

I'm going by what I see every single day, I'm not throwing my imagination around and i respect the fact that you guys have replied and as stated, there are some great hpa users our there.

My point in a nutshell is that there are players who should not have this kind of firepower - it's like carrying the ring to Mordor for a lot of players however.
                        My tongue was so far in my cheek with that comment it's untrue, I'm aware you guys are not invisible. :-)

AP.

Comment

Its good to realise peoples stand points on all this, and if nothing else general points that all airsofters should heed being a gentleman's sport

I (luckily??) havnt been on the receiving end of a bad HPA player, in fact i think ive only spotted a handfull over the course of my last 5 games which i why i was after more info and feedback, all HPA users i have been aware of were DMR, maybe there were more and they were too good a player and i never even noticed them!?

Personally aside from the generic dick player that doesnt take hits the biggest single piece of airsoft apparel that causes hit taking issues is plate carriers i think!
                          Anyways off topic!

I have decided to go HPA as i think it will best fit my goals at this time...Hose the bejesus out of everyone :P
                          Hopefully i can help to improve the general HPA player image, i do think as said above that the Yanks havnt helped this!

Im going to build a ~250mm barrel'd M4 with an air stock style setup, i dont shoot a huge amount so 13ci should do me fine i hope??
                          Any input greatly appreciated on shot per tank RE 13ci? ive seen their calc which equals roughly 350-400, anymore than that will be a bonus!

Also what is generally regarded as the best info source tech wise? I went on HPA Talk but seems like a lot of tumbleweed.

I will get a GBBR, and i will get another AEG. Along with my GBB pistol i love the variety and different play they all provide, hopefully il get some positive new aspects to my game!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Armourpiercing View Post
                          My point in a nutshell is that there are players who should not have this kind of firepower - it's like carrying the ring to Mordor for a lot of players however.
                          My tongue was so far in my cheek with that comment it's untrue, I'm aware you guys are not invisible. :-)
                          Love this BTW!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sprint Find out more about Sprint
                          Working...
                          X