Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optics & compatability

Evening all!!

So, having just splashed out on a new SCAR-L, I have come to the realisation that none of the optics I have seem to suit it. I got to thinking & have done a bit of research, and am probably going to end up getting an Eotech 556 replica (preferably in tan) & some form of FTS (Flip To Side) magnifier (3x, 4x or 5x or whatever)... but this is where the drama come in... are they going to sit/align correctly?

If you've got any experience in this area, please post- as I have no idea what brand(s) to look at for the FTS-
    Or, if you've got any pics & details of a similar set up, feel free to post them & details below!!

Cheers All!!!

Optics & compatability

Hurricane do good eotech and i have heard G&P are ok..but reality is no airsoft sight will hold zero..i had 2 then switched to real eotechs and never gone back..
    Now regarding Sts of FtS..they are tricky..most are ehh. I had 2 and both of them fell apart on my gbbr so just went for a real one..but i think they have improved over the last few years..best is acogs or elcans they are better builds and hold zero a little better than clone eotechs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Re: Optics & compatability

Cheers for the input DJ!

Fortunately I've got a Hurricane 552 in my sights box- and at present can only dream of owning a genuine one. Wish I was still on pop-stars wages!! Which ones did you have, & can you recall what brand FTS you had? Fortunately these will only be mounted on an AEG- so the recoil won't be too much of an issue ref: knocking the zero off... would be nice if the airsoft sights held a decent zero, but that's just the way it goes lol. It would be more of a "spotting" tool for distances etc.

I had a look at the acog and the elcan spectre- as I've got one of each (mounted on my M4's)- but again didn't really suit... just felt & looked a little too bulky for some reason! But will try them both again just to confirm it in my mind lol

Comment

Why not get a Flashdot ( 1-4 x 32mm )instead? It wil be lighter than the Eotech and magnifier option. The optics will be far better and you have the sane functionality.
        The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Thanks Big Al!! I've had a google, but so many RDS come up I can't identify... you got a link to a picture?
          have seen the G&P Aimpoint (M2 or M3)- and that looks quite good... especially if you stick the magnification bit on it...

Comment

just buy some an airsoft cheap eotech clone ( in a style that you like ) and a cheap flip to the side magnifier , the recoil from an aeg even a recoil version is not gonna screw with the zero, and you not gonna be shooting that far that it matters about the magnifiers which really is just for looks to, and to answer your question no they never line up that well.

and then if you like the set up you got, and have deep pockets get the better versions, or sell and get some else that takes your fancy. ( you won't of lost that much on a clone).
            The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

Optics & compatability

Problem i have had with any clone eotech is i cant zero it, using a boresighter the dials just want move the reticle on any clone red dot or eotech, even acogs to exact zero..got it close but thats it..sucks..when you pay so much you expect some kind of practicality to it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Short dots or Spectres.

Visionkings are normally £50-65 but with no mounts. Eye relief is insanely good, and it's a nice 1.25 - 5x mag
                Don't forget to submit feedback! http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php

Comment

G33M4N- cheers for the info on that- bit crap that they don't line up properly- may have to look at getting a cheap-o one to see how bad it is!

DJ- even with the Hurricane- holding a zero is a bitch- which is kind of why I mothballed it originally- however, will have a look and try it again anyways- the rough idea is that the reticule with give a rough idea for impact area of shots fired...

Happy Cat- the vision-king scope was an idea I had on the back burner- may have to look into that, so cheers for the input!!

Comment

To be honest, every magnifier I've ever tried has a terrible mount. Plenty of movement in it and really weird designs to get it to line up with the reticuled optic.

I'd go for an aim point and a magnifier, but one a one piece mount, or get a variable magnified model

Comment

From this I'm gathering that the clone FTS magnifiers aren't rated that highly... lol!

Looks like it's going to be a trip to a shop with the gun to see what works!

Comment

A briliant little scope, at zero magnifacation can be used as a red dot, but you can zoom in for longer shots or spotting.

https://www.amazon.com/Visionking-1-.../dp/B00GH2QCOS

Combine with this mount and you be ready to go.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/...279369470.html

Also found this one but don't have any experiance of it unlike Vision King, but it comes with mount.

https://www.amazon.com/TacFire-Tacti...ot+scope+mount
                        The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawkeye_450 Find out more about Hawkeye_450
                        Working...
                        X