Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G GR4 G26 Ugrades

Thanks for reading people,

I'm looking to install a ProWin hop unit, G&G green bucking and a Madbull Python V2 6.03 barrel to step it up.

Anyone have any experience with the rifle or mods that can chuck two cents in?

Much appreciated guys ✌

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Re: G&G GR4 G26 Ugrades

If you have not opened the hop unit up and it was bought new, it should have the green G&G bucking in it. The Madbull barrels are ok as an upgrade but not the best tight bores around.

As for the ProWin, good luck; they can be fiddly little buggers to set up.

I would change the barrel, keep the stock hop unit and flat hop it, probably using the grey Modify rubber and nub. In fact, that is exactly what I did to one a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
      If you have not opened the hop unit up and it was bought new, it should have the green G&G bucking in it. The Madbull barrels are ok as an upgrade but not the best tight bores around.

As for the ProWin, good luck; they can be fiddly little buggers to set up.

I would change the barrel, keep the stock hop unit and flat hop it, probably using the grey Modify rubber and nub. In fact, that is exactly what I did to one a few weeks ago.
      I've heard they are fiddly but can make a real good difference. Would that bucking and nub work well with 0.25's? Also what would your barrel choice be?

Comment

I find that the grey one works well for 0.25g BBs, but Modify recommend the black version for 0.25 and above. They are cheap enough that you can try both to see which works best for you.

I used the Madbull Black Python 2 but, ideally, would go for a Prometheus.

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
          I find that the grey one works well for 0.25g BBs, but Modify recommend the black version for 0.25 and above. They are cheap enough that you can try both to see which works best for you.

I used the Madbull Black Python 2 but, ideally, would go for a Prometheus.
          Thanks pal I'll keep it all in mind. What did that rifle you did a few backs back perform at?

Comment

It runs at about 340fps and is accurate up to about 60m.

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks again mate 👍

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Carta Find out more about Carta
              Working...
              X