Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Airsoft a dying sport?

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post

Given your description of what happens at "typical skirmish sites" as "headless-chicken hi-cap crap", I have to, firstly, wonder how many sites you have been to and, secondly, note that you have just reinforced my statement that your view is an elitist "my airsoft is better than your airsoft" one.
    So a golfer calling mini-golf a crap version of golf would be elitist? Lol.

Comment

Definitely not on the decline in my area (Midlands) one of the sites I regularly go to runs two skirmishes a month with 100+ players each time and great game scenarios , my home site has 60-70 a time as well , I'd like to attend a milsim at some time in the future but I'm put off a bit by some of the people I've come across at games who said they did a lot of milsims as they seemed to be the ones moaning the most .

Comment

Originally posted by Siggi View Post
        So a golfer calling mini-golf a crap version of golf would be elitist? Lol.
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man.

Comment

Siggi,

Please try to maintain a single argument for more than one post. When you can do that, I might just start to take you seriously.

The views that you have stated are quite clearly elitist; if you cannot see that for yourself, then you really should seek help.

Comment

Me for one thinks Airsoft is growing. My site ( MAW ) is getting harder to get parking places at even when you arrive before gates open.
            I have been chuckling reading all this crap about so called elite-est milsims, events or sites as they are just a different way or style of playing this Hobby !
            This is a sport, not the military where the elite soldier resides.

Happy shooting folks, unless your at a real armoury then be safe, be happy.
            sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

Originally posted by Chewybacka View Post
              Me for one thinks Airsoft is growing. My site ( MAW ) is getting harder to get parking places at even when you arrive before gates open.
              I have been chuckling reading all this crap about so called elite-est milsims, events or sites as they are just a different way or style of playing this Hobby !
              This is a sport, not the military where the elite soldier resides.

Happy shooting folks, unless your at a real armoury then be safe, be happy.
              Well said good sir !
              Been running around the woods (now ambling due to frailty of age !) for well over 10yrs and I'd say the sites I play at are growing if any thing not dying at all .
              And I would have to say yes there is a bit of 'elitism' out of mil-sim towards walk on scurmishes , and from my experience it's the uber leet brigade that look down on the 'daily scurmishers' . Now I don't feel this about most 'serious' S'ofters but time and again when ever I have encountered it on the whole it's been from this type of player just because there wearing hundreds of pounds worth of gear and not a set of trackys with a rental G36 they think there better than said player , but guess what guys ? I'd give HIM the time of day a long time before you .
              From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Some people need to have the most expensive gun and matching kit for their team but I honestly think they are more up tight and having less fun than the player renting a gun for his first game .

Comment

I do both Mil-Sims and skirmishes when I can, , Mil-Sim is my pref', but I love them both, they're great fun and usually treated as such, of course there's a little bit of elitism there in both too, but even that is usually I hope, light hearted and meant and taken with a pinch of salt and works both ways, the PTW guys get stick off us recoil freaks, "not bring that out in the damp are you dear?" who in turn get stick like "all the gear no idea" (probably right) off the guys who wisely, have no wish to buy their kit on a mortgage. And that is a great part of it, it's more banter than elitism as such, and most of us realise that they're only toy guns after all, and with them, we're only playing an expensive game of cowboys and indians. But overall I think the airsoft community is a pretty friendly place, and in answer to the initial question, I think it's actually a growing sport..
                  "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

I guess the WW2 airsoft community are often seen as elitist , people expect us to expect perfect kit for every game and snear or discourage people who have incomplete loadings ,we even have a name for people who criticize others kit "stitch Nazi's " , I think we are the only airsoft games where we have a kit loan thread for each advertised game ,so we loan free of charge anything from a pair of boots to a rifle on a "you bend it you mend it " basis in order to encourage people to get started .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bumhulio what is this a dating site? Find out more about bumhulio
                    Working...
                    X