Bad for the sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad for the sport

Local rag has this as it headline. Not the usual springer as sounds like an HPA set up.

Hopefully the knob will be found and justice will be served without tarnishing airsoft too much.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...hrough_meadow/
    JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Re: Bad for the sport

This isn't great at all, but at least the hose and scuba tanks partly rule out the RIF side of things and armed response didn't have to get involved as that would have drawn heavier attention and possibly worse. Still, that puts the whole thing (airsoft) up in the question spotlight again. Lets hope they find this guy and deal with him properly.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Not great, I do however think it was a bit of an over reaction on the parr of the girls mother "we called for an ambulance". I mean really for a an airsoft gun albeit HPA, but seriously!?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SRB View Post
        Not great, I do however think it was a bit of an over reaction on the parr of the girls mother "we called for an ambulance". I mean really for a an airsoft gun albeit HPA, but seriously!?

Knowing the media she may not have been aa bad as they make out , the reporters will add whatever they like to sell papers

Comment

I think most parents without airsoft experience would take there child to the hospital if they got shot buy some stranger with an air weapon. In there minds there could be lead pellets under the skin etc. This is the kind of thing that will result in us having to store our toys in police approved gun safes one day.

Comment

Originally posted by SRB View Post

Exactly, and "rushed" to hospital? come on, what the hell was wrong with the paramedic?
            "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Reading the article, I'm not surprised the girls mother called an ambulance. It sounds as if it may have been an HPA shotgun as she had 3 wounds yet only heard one shot. She also said she only felt one hit. This was from a very close range, 1.5 - 2.0mtrs. The child needs finding & the father's friend should have his gear confiscated at a minimum.
              Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

It's in these sorts of incidents that the airsoft community need to come together and condone this sort of behaviour and do all it can to assist finding those responsible. Airsofting gets a bad press at the best of times, most people don't understand why we'd happily run round like kids shooting at each other. If the community gets involved in finding people like this and notifying the authorities then it shows we are a responsible sport. Posting comments after the article ridiculing the child or the parents reaction just adds to the general thought that we are a bunch of a***holes. If this kid is messing around in public with a fully HPA kitted RIF then it suggests he's got it from someone involved in the sport. It also suggests he needs it taken away from him and to answer for what he's done. I'm happy to get shot at all day with a RIF, but if someone was to do that to one of my kids in the street I'd be doing all I could to make sure they didn't do it again.
                The only stupid question is one that was never asked.

Comment

Christ get a grip, Im not ridiculing the parents, by all means they had a right to get the child medically examined. Calling for the ambulance however is ott.

The childs parents have every right to be concerned, who wouldn't be?!

However I am pretty sure to most people it would be immediately obvious that the injuries sustained were probably not life threatening. Which I imagine is the same reason they were told that all ambulances were busy and advised to drive to the hospital by the call handler, because meanwhile Mr Joe Bloggs really needs an ambulance having suffered a severe cardiac arrest, in dire need of urgent medical assistance.

To be clear I obviously condone it, shooting any airsoft gun at somebody who isnt playing airsoft is clearly not ok. However I am sorry if you feel my attitude toward to the necessity of an ambulance makes me an "a***hole".

Perhaps if you ever find yourself in a real emergency in need of one you might change your mind.

Comment

Easy tiger, I wasn't having a go at you mate If you read my post properly you'll see that I said "posting comments after the article" If you go to the link and scroll down you will see the posts I mean. I was not for one second having a go at anyone here. This is a forum for airsofters, by airsofters. We all know what we're talking about and involved in on this forum. It's when people post comments on the newspapers website, that's when there are possible issues, because they are read by people who have either very little, or no knowledge of our sport and just see us as weirdos wanting to shoot everything.

And, I agree. Calling an ambulance for that is a waste of a very limited emergency resource. As someone who works very closely with the ambulance service I know how strapped they are and how the get called out for inappropriate incidents all the time.

Just to clarify SRB, I'm not having a pop at you or anyone else here

Comment

My bad! It was late and I obviously misread!

Comment

No worries mate

Comment

Disgusting behaviour, obviously.
                          Couldn't help but laugh at the hospital bandaging her leg up though. Might throw a few bandages in the car for my next skirmish, if recommended by a medical expert.

Comment

I feel like there's been some phone-correct typos in here with regards condone/condemn..?
                            REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by CKinnerley View Post
                              I feel like there's been some phone-correct typos in here with regards condone/condemn..?

I missed that mate, you're right. I thought I'd done a thorough job of proof reading the post before submitting it In my defence though I did post it around 01:00hrs after a long shift at work and full of cold. I'll have to try harder next time

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

N_Scooby Find out more about N_Scooby
                              Working...
                              X