Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please: Non blowback single action semi auto pistols

Hi all

For a project I'm looking into I want to build a non blowback gas or CO2 operated pistol.

The MK23 seemed like an obvious choice, but it's got a double action trigger only.

Do you guys know of any pistols which self-cock without the whole slide reciprocating? Or anything else with a light, short trigger pull?

Thanks in advance
    You broke it? I'll fix it...

It works? I'll make it work better!!

Re: Advice please: Non blowback single action semi auto pistols

If you're not proposing that the gun resets the hammer (NBB) and not proposing that the trigger resets the hammer (SAO)... What exactly do you think is going to reset the hammer?

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
      If you're not proposing that the gun resets the hammer (NBB) and not proposing that the trigger resets the hammer (SAO)... What exactly do you think is going to reset the hammer?
      A partial slide like a WE Dragon, but much smaller? An internal system blowing back without the whole slide moving?

I honestly don't know, that's why I'm asking.

There's not a lot of spring pressure in a GBB hammer, so you certainly don't need the inertia of a full cast zinc slide to recock it. I just want to know if there's any system out there that already does it.

Comment

So you want a GBB with a half slide or a bolt then.
        The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

The Maruzen P99 NBB has a much lighter action than the TM MK23 i found, as stated above you cant really get away from DAO if youre not GBB.

Comment

you can mod a hi capa, so the slide will go back just about far enough to load the next BB - at the expense of locking back when on empty. You could try something like that on the WE Dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by Constantine View Post
              A partial slide like a WE Dragon, but much smaller? An internal system blowing back without the whole slide moving?
              These are both GBB systems, not NBBs. If you want a hyper-efficient GBB, a short-stroked split-slide Hi-Capa with a lightweight BBU would be my recommendation. An Airsoft Masterpiece .22 slide with a UFC ultralightweight BBU, short-stroked, would be about as fast and efficient as GBBs get.

Originally posted by Constantine View Post
              There's not a lot of spring pressure in a GBB hammer, so you certainly don't need the inertia of a full cast zinc slide to recock it. I just want to know if there's any system out there that already does it.
              It's not just the hammer, it's the self-loading that's putting heavy demand on the trigger pull. To answer your question, no, by definition there are no gas NBBs which fire in double-action with a single-action trigger; it's a contradiction in terms.

You could consider an AEP, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                a short-stroked split-slide Hi-Capa with a lightweight BBU would be my recommendation. An Airsoft Masterpiece .22 slide with a UFC ultralightweight BBU, short-stroked, would be about as fast and efficient as GBBs get.
                This sounds promising. Do you know of any examples of existing modded guns please?

Comment

I can't link other retailers and ZeroOne don't sell any of this kit, but you would be looking to purchase:
                  1. Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1
                  2. Airsoft Masterpiece .22 slide/barrel kit
                  3. UAC ultralightweight Hi-Capa BBU

You can see an overview of some of these systems in KnucklesGSM's YouTube channel.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Constantine Lots of experience in airgun and firearms tuning & repair, using airsoft to open up different avenues of employment :) Find out more about Constantine
                  Working...
                  X