Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 101 to 123 of 123

Thread: HPA and GBB limits law changes

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bexley, Kent
    Posts
    2,528

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    That's why I've kept my nose out of this, my gbbr doesn't go over any limits on any gas

    Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    My standard WE M4, with no mods/npas kits or anything else was shooting at 348fps this morning on Neuprol 3 and similar on Brut Sniper. On green it was under 340.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    i belive my ghk m4 is some where inbetween 400/450 , i will get it on the chrono to find out exaclty how much, im deffo locking it to semi for DMR use anyway as i never use it on full auto, i could also purchase ghk's 1joule nozzle as another option if needed but idd rather not..

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bexley, Kent
    Posts
    2,528

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    But then the new law is saying you can't dmr a rifle that was manufactured as a full auto rifle

    Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    i didnt think that was set in stone yet? , the 1j nozzle costs like £25, so to be on the safe side i could fit it for when the guns in my van and im traveling with it , then swap it back to standard when i arrive on site to play, still lock it to semi auto as per site rules for DMR...

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bexley, Kent
    Posts
    2,528

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    That's the problem, swapping bolts out, you'd need to remove the auto sear and spring to be able to have it semi only

    Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Durrington, Wilts
    Posts
    358

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Plumber View Post
    i didnt think that was set in stone yet? , the 1j nozzle costs like £25, so to be on the safe side i could fit it for when the guns in my van and im traveling with it , then swap it back to standard when i arrive on site to play, still lock it to semi auto as per site rules for DMR...
    You won't necessarily be under the limit with a 1J nozzle any. Players in the GHK group on FB have had mixes FPS/Joule readings based on their set ups
    Don't forget to submit feedback! http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    340

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzleflash View Post
    My standard WE M4, with no mods/npas kits or anything else was shooting at 348fps this morning on Neuprol 3 and similar on Brut Sniper. On green it was under 340.
    But what would its fps be using black gas or even hpa, or with 0.12g bbs, one of the main issues is that no one yet knows how they will be testing the rifles..
    The thing that is winding me up if the fact there are yet again no clear rules or guidelines on how they are going to test the rifles. Because let's face it nearly all will shot over 370 fps with 0.12g and green or black gas..
    And like I say, we don't know if us locking the guns to semi by removing and filing parts down will still meet the new laws and guidelines, because new parts can be fitted and then the gun will be full auto again, it's not if your gun is shooting over the full auto and fps limit, it's if your gun is capable of doing so..
    Let's see what the end ofbthe year brings it's not going to be good I feel that much..
    All the best, Marc..
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bexley, Kent
    Posts
    2,528

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    That's why I relying on the words "easily modifiable" as take it from me, re-fitting a full auto sear and spring is a bitch of a task 😂

    Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    340

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jez Armstrong View Post
    That's why I relying on the words "easily modifiable" as take it from me, re-fitting a full auto sear and spring is a bitch of a task ��

    Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    Yeah hopefully more trouble for them then it's worth, plus after they going to store parts for these guns anyways..
    Let's just hope things will not be as bad as they may seem at the moment, and gbbr rifles will not be fecked and stop being sold etc..
    I really wanted to buy a scar h in a few weeks as well.. Oh well I'll just try and put the money aside, for next year, but need be I'll just buy a new 12g shotgun instead lol..
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bexley, Kent
    Posts
    2,528

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    There's no reason why you can't buy one, I have many, I myself am not worried about what will happen, my rifles won't fire over 330 on black gas

    Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    340

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jez Armstrong View Post
    There's no reason why you can't buy one, I have many, I myself am not worried about what will happen, my rifles won't fire over 330 on black gas

    Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    At the moment I can't see the point mate, when I spoke to my local about buying one in a week or so from them, they told me not too, he's exact words were, ''unless I have money to burn, do not buy one as the future for these gbbr are uncertain because of the change to the power limit that will come into play, do not buy one until we know what needs to be done to abided to the new laws as I could be wasting my money"

    Lol I won't go into it to much if you don't want me to make I totally understand, but I'm shocked that your gas blowback rifles don't fire above 330fps on black gas, most gbbr's out the box fire hotter then that on green gas with 0.20s, now if you put 0.12g bbs in your rifles would like d that push them past 370?

    All a bunch of can of warms at the moment, being on a tight budget it took me 7 months to save the cash for a gbbr scar h, I'm not going to risk buying one seeing it shoots over 350fps on green gas with 0.20, then finding out with black or co2 it or even just with 0.12g bbs fires above the 370fps, and simple mods that will lower the fps could very well be pointless..

    Id rather just forget about buying one until the new laws are set in stone and we all know exactly where we stand..

    ATB, Marc..
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bexley, Kent
    Posts
    2,528

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    My bolts arebModified with discs to Stop them firing hot, I can't see anywhere where they will test them on a 0.12g bb

    Most rifles that now fire at 350fps including aegs will fire hot if you put 0.12g bb's in them

    Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    340

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    The thing is though mate, will the mods made by us abide by the new laws that they set, as they say it's not if your gun shots 370, it if your gun is capable of doing so.. It's the same with air rifle laws, it's not if your rifle fires over 12ft/lbs it's if it's capable or firing over 12ft/lbs..

    So will the mods we do to lower the power limit or lock the guns to semi auto only follow the new guidelines, no one knows as they have not yet told us the new guidelines that we will have to follow..

    Your right most rifles and even some pistols will fire hot if using 0.12g bbs and even co2, they dont say they will use 012g bbs but they also do not say they will not, it's the same as they don't say what pressure they will test hpa guns on, they could crank the pressure right up, because of the words '' your guns are capable of" this makes it very vague, on what they will do and what we will have to follow..
    Unfortunately until we all know for sure it's all hearsay and speculation on what's going to exactly going to happen, I just want them to hurry up and let us know what's going to happen. Not knowing to me is worse then knowing lol..
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    But what would its fps be using black gas or even hpa, or with 0.12g bbs, one of the main issues is that no one yet knows how they will be testing the rifles..
    The thing that is winding me up if the fact there are yet again no clear rules or guidelines on how they are going to test the rifles. Because let's face it nearly all will shot over 370 fps with 0.12g and green or black gas..
    And like I say, we don't know if us locking the guns to semi by removing and filing parts down will still meet the new laws and guidelines, because new parts can be fitted and then the gun will be full auto again, it's not if your gun is shooting over the full auto and fps limit, it's if your gun is capable of doing so..
    Let's see what the end ofbthe year brings it's not going to be good I feel that much..
    All the best, Marc..
    With respect, I do think you are over-thinking and certainly over - worrying the situation. If I wanted a Scar GBB I'd just go out and buy it and worry about the vagaries of the law (that isn't yet law) later on.

    It is an unfortunate truism that the authorities would ideally like to ban full auto GBB's, because it's a particular freedom they don't like - even in something that is essentially a toy. Even so, if it were me I'd be out buying that Scar tommorow and worry about what I've got to do to it later (if).

    Oh, I don't like HPA, am not a skirmisher and Neuprol 3 is essentially for temps lower than black gas... Yet, their all pretty kak in essence..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jez Armstrong View Post
    There's no reason why you can't buy one, I have many, I myself am not worried about what will happen, my rifles won't fire over 330 on black gas

    Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    Wot he said!!

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    It's the same with air rifle laws, it's not if your rifle fires over 12ft/lbs it's if it's capable or firing over 12ft/lbs..
    You could put an Ox mainspring in your old Airsporter (as a friend did) and find it shoots nearer 13ft/lbs. That was resolved by it going on his Section 1 certificate in that case, but essentially all air rifles are moddable, so if what you say is true, then the 1968 Act and associated amendments would preclude their use.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    340

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    HI muzzleflash, yeah I understand and no offense taking mate, I very well could be over thinking and over worrying about what's to come, it's the whole not knowing thing that plays on my mind, so I think I would rather just see what happens, then when the new law comes out go from there, I'm sure I have enough guns to keep me going until then (well we will see lol)

    I'm the same, I don't like hpa either, for me it takes the realism out of it, I'm not a skirmisher either, I go to gun clubs, but I would still hate to have a tube and bottle attached to my guns or mags, lol I'm not even keen of AEGs because of a few reasons but also realism, don't get me wrong I know AEGs are great for what they do and for skirmishing etc, they could even be best, but they are gun not my cup of tea.. Lol same does for springer break barrel or underlever rifles either, they are good for what they are used for but not my thing..

    Realism is quite a big thing for me, as I shoot at gun club and shoot a lot of real steel guns, when I'm not shooting the RS and want to shoot the airguns or airsoft I do like them to be as realistic as possible, it's not all about realism for me there are many other factors too though..

    Yeah with airrifles it's if your gun is capable for firing over 12ft/lbs (unmodified) they test with ammo weight rather then changing Springs and regulators etc, which is good and straight forward

    What I think I'll do with the gbbr scar is just sit back and relax lol. And just forget about things for a little bit, I have plenty to keep me going until either the new law comes out and makes my mind up for me, I just just decide to bite the bullet, no wait bite the BB and go get a scar..
    Lol might treat some of my custom build hi-capas to a few new parts though, makes it easier for me to hold back if I spend some of the money a lol..

    All the best, Marc
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    HI muzzleflash, yeah I understand and no offense taking mate, I very well could be over thinking and over worrying about what's to come, it's the whole not knowing thing that plays on my mind, so I think I would rather just see what happens, then when the new law comes out go from there, I'm sure I have enough guns to keep me going until then (well we will see lol)

    I'm the same, I don't like hpa either, for me it takes the realism out of it, I'm not a skirmisher either, I go to gun clubs, but I would still hate to have a tube and bottle attached to my guns or mags, lol I'm not even keen of AEGs because of a few reasons but also realism, don't get me wrong I know AEGs are great for what they do and for skirmishing etc, they could even be best, but they are gun not my cup of tea.. Lol same does for springer break barrel or underlever rifles either, they are good for what they are used for but not my thing..

    Realism is quite a big thing for me, as I shoot at gun club and shoot a lot of real steel guns, when I'm not shooting the RS and want to shoot the airguns or airsoft I do like them to be as realistic as possible, it's not all about realism for me there are many other factors too though..

    Yeah with airrifles it's if your gun is capable for firing over 12ft/lbs (unmodified) they test with ammo weight rather then changing Springs and regulators etc, which is good and straight forward

    What I think I'll do with the gbbr scar is just sit back and relax lol. And just forget about things for a little bit, I have plenty to keep me going until either the new law comes out and makes my mind up for me, I just just decide to bite the bullet, no wait bite the BB and go get a scar..
    Lol might treat some of my custom build hi-capas to a few new parts though, makes it easier for me to hold back if I spend some of the money a lol..

    All the best, Marc
    My FEO visited around 3 weeks ago to check my gun cabinet for a licence renewal. All my GBB AirSoft's, Blank firers and to a lesser extent c02 air pistols hang on hooks around it and the only comment he made was that 'those things carry the same penalty if you wave them around in public as the real thing'. Which, I thought was a rather odd and obvious statement, but does go to show how the Police (imo) won't start asking the kind of questions you think they might. He could've of course said something along the lines of: 'what defense have you got under the VCRA to own those' (valid one of course) but he didn't, either because he wasn't fussed, or because he was satisfied I wasn't going to do anything silly with them. I won't go into the fact that ACPO have previously stated the VCRA is largely unenforceable..

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    731

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    Using 0.12g BBs to get the FPS over 370 is irrelevant as the law states 1.3 Joules not 370 FPS.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    Quote Originally Posted by ProfHappyCat View Post
    You won't necessarily be under the limit with a 1J nozzle any. Players in the GHK group on FB have had mixes FPS/Joule readings based on their set ups
    yea iv seen the mixed outputs people have had , idd guess it might be down to barrel lengths , i.e CQB vs full length will be different , but then also someone said it took like 1000 shots for it to be 1j ?, dont know for sure but it would lower the fps , could possibly also change to a wider bore barrel to aid that , IDK but as mentioned best to wait until we all know for sure , hopefully there will be some leniency towards this..

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    205

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    Still no concrete answer on all this then, UKAPU stated it was withdrawn end of 2016 / early 2017?
    Or is this all just surmise from law aimed at actual firearms?

    Alot of the websites i look around are apparently 'unsafe' or blocked regarding the issue, coincidence?

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    731

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    Withdrawn? The bill is now an act of parliament.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    205

    Default Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

    Fail

    Better make myself a semi only selector plate then im safe upto 2.5j

    (4) The permitted kinetic energy level is—
    (a) in the case of a weapon which is capable of discharging two or more missiles successively with out repeated pressure on the trigger, 1.3 joules;
    (b) in any other case, 2.5 joules.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •