HPA and GBB limits law changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

This reminds me of what happened in 2011 with the VCRA amendments to blank firers needing to be 'wholly blocked'. Even so, the authorities have not acted upon the myriad re-enacters running around the arena with converted MGC68 MP40's and the like, that fire 9mm Winmag blanks through a partially blocked barrel. They are (imo) unlikely to either, unless somebody does something with one that is really stupid and irresponsible..
    Last edited by muzzleflash; 16 February, 2017, 22:10.

Comment

Someone posted an email yesterday from a retailer who was refunding deposts for the ASG HPA Evo as ASG arent going to be selling it here due to the new laws. Makes you wonder what ASG know, after all its their business to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam_Man View Post
        Someone posted an email yesterday from a retailer who was refunding deposts for the ASG HPA Evo as ASG arent going to be selling it here due to the new laws. Makes you wonder what ASG know, after all its their business to know.
        Tip of the iceberg, maybe?
        Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Originally posted by Paul55 View Post
          Tip of the iceberg, maybe?

Could be, spoke to my local yesterday and they are testing every rifle they get in to try and keep the ones below 370.
          I'm going to speak to them more tomorrow and ask if there's any point me buying a scar this year or waiting until next year..
          Some Guns In My Collection:
          Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
          My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Seen a website that's dropped the price of a we raptor m4 from £350 to £199.. maybe they're offloading

Comment

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
              Seen a website that's dropped the price of a we raptor m4 from £350 to £199.. maybe they're offloading
              No, they just suck 😂

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muzzleflash View Post
                This reminds me of what happened in 2011 with the VCRA amendments to blank firers needing to be 'wholly blocked'. Even so, the authorities have not acted upon the myriad re-enacters running around the arena with converted MGC68 MP40's and the like, that fire 9mm Winmag blanks through a partially blocked barrel. They are (imo) unlikely to either, unless somebody does something with one that is really stupid and irresponsible..
                It ain't just the converted MGC68's that are a problem. I was asked to do some rectification work on a blank firing MP28 recently. Took one look at it, compared it to the Specification for Imitation Firearms Regulations 2011, and then decided I didn't want to touch it with a barge pole...

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
                  It ain't just the converted MGC68's that are a problem. I was asked to do some rectification work on a blank firing MP28 recently. Took one look at it, compared it to the Specification for Imitation Firearms Regulations 2011, and then decided I didn't want to touch it with a barge pole...
                  A sound decision I reckon!. I nearly purchased a converted 68 recently, but those 2011 amendments put me off completely and I decided to wait for the GSG semi-auto versions in 9mm pak when Edgar Brothers finally get them certified....
                  ��

Comment

HI all,, as I nearly have the money to buy a scar gbbr, I again phoned my local airsoft shop for a chat, I asked what do they think would be best for me to do, buy the £300+ scar from them at the weekend or not buy it and see what is happening with all the rules with the power limit and full auto etc, when the changes come into play.. He told me to not buy the rifle from them and to wait..

So basically being honest, turning away my money because of the unsurety of what these new rules will have in store for us, he knows the power limits will most likely come into play, but are unsure on how we will be allowed to lower the fps or lock the guns to semi auto or even if they will sell them..

It's all a waiting game now. I'm gutted though I really wanted a nice scar h gbbr this year, but looks like I'll have to wait until the end of the year or next year, back to buying another airgun then I think..

ATB, Marc.
                    Some Guns In My Collection:
                    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
                    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

• Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

fingers crossed factory full auto gbbrs are allowed to be locked to semi and thats that , luckily for me being in the channel islands im not really affected by this but i would like to use my gbbr in the uk , im probably being naive here but the way im going to see this is as long as my gbbr chronos under the limits for the site im at then im good. what more do they want ??? , if they want to fiddle and play and technically "modify" my gun to find out how much power it could acheive to try and skrew me over then they can stick it where the sun dont shine.

Comment

That's why I've kept my nose out of this, my gbbr doesn't go over any limits on any gas

Comment

My standard WE M4, with no mods/npas kits or anything else was shooting at 348fps this morning on Neuprol 3 and similar on Brut Sniper. On green it was under 340.

Comment

i belive my ghk m4 is some where inbetween 400/450 , i will get it on the chrono to find out exaclty how much, im deffo locking it to semi for DMR use anyway as i never use it on full auto, i could also purchase ghk's 1joule nozzle as another option if needed but idd rather not..

Comment

But then the new law is saying you can't dmr a rifle that was manufactured as a full auto rifle

Comment

i didnt think that was set in stone yet? , the 1j nozzle costs like £25, so to be on the safe side i could fit it for when the guns in my van and im traveling with it , then swap it back to standard when i arrive on site to play, still lock it to semi auto as per site rules for DMR...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KenIchikawa Find out more about KenIchikawa
                                Working...
                                X