HPA and GBB limits law changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

Still no concrete answer on all this then, UKAPU stated it was withdrawn end of 2016 / early 2017?
    Or is this all just surmise from law aimed at actual firearms?

Alot of the websites i look around are apparently 'unsafe' or blocked regarding the issue, coincidence?

Comment

Withdrawn? The bill is now an act of parliament.

Comment

Fail

Better make myself a semi only selector plate then im safe upto 2.5j

(4) The permitted kinetic energy level is—
        (a) in the case of a weapon which is capable of discharging two or more missiles successively with out repeated pressure on the trigger, 1.3 joules;
        (b) in any other case, 2.5 joules.”

Comment

No you're not, because if it was manufactured as a full auto rifle it can only be used as a full auto rifle

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Comment

The act as published has dropped references to manufacture or design.

Comment

So a converted M4 DMR will be ok now?

Comment

I believe so

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to know, got a link to provide such details please?

Comment

Originally posted by Jez Armstrong View Post
                    Good to know, got a link to provide such details please?

I would like to see that link to but I will likely not exist, as no one yet knows the full guidelines according to UKAPU, all we know for sure is the power limits, we don't know if locking the guns to semi will be OK, if it is how we lock them to semi or lower the power will follow the guidelines. We all have to play the waiting game for a few months..
                    ATB, Marc
                    Some Guns In My Collection:
                    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
                    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

"(4)The permitted kinetic energy level is—
                      (a)in the case of a weapon which is capable of discharging two or more missiles successively without repeated pressure on the trigger, 1.3 joules;
                      (b)in any other case, 2.5 joules.”

Note the word "capable".

Comment

And then the semi auto cut off lever wears away and you have a full auto again

Comment

I give up!

Comment

But you can't deny that wont ever happen because it does

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
                              "(4)The permitted kinetic energy level is—
                              (a)in the case of a weapon which is capable of discharging two or more missiles successively without repeated pressure on the trigger, 1.3 joules;
                              (b)in any other case, 2.5 joules.”

Note the word "capable".
                              But how do you interpret capable, or more importantly how do they interpret 'capable' a gun that's fires full auto right now, or a gun that was made to fire full auto from the factory but has been modified to shot semi only now, but with a few parts replaced or added can fire full auto again,
                              Don't get me wrong, I am not saying your incorrect I'm just saying you like all of us at the moment are guessing what the guidelines will be..

I hear that fitting npas kit to lower fps on a full auto gun, is not good enough, although it lowers the fps to below 370fps full auto, it can easily be increased again..

Same could well be said for, OK get a full auto rifle, take out the full auto sear and file down the selector, stopping the gun from being full auto so it would then not matter if it fires above 370fps, but all you need to do is replace the sear and spring and selector switch and you then have a full auto over powered gun again.

Once again I HOPE they will not look at it this way, and if it comes to it and the gun gets tested they will go by, OK the gun right now is not firing full auto so is a pass. This is what I am hoping and what I would do if I buy a gbbr after the new law and guidance comes into play..

But there's no point in us guessing in what's going to happen, we have to just wait a few months and see what is going to happen and see the guidelines we have to follow.

This is what I'm going to do, then buy a gbbr and do what needs to be done.
                              Even the gun shop that I was going to buy the rifle from told me to do that and said don't buy nothing yet, which was nice of them as most other airport shops are not even informing people and are still potentially selling then over powered rifles.

Follow the UKAPU Facebook page or website, at the end of the day they are talking to the powers that be, so when they know we will know..

ATB, Marc
                              Some Guns In My Collection:
                              Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
                              My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

I do not interpret it in any way at all, neither do I need to get into a pedantic argument about cutoff levers.

I was pointing out that the act no longer mentions design or construction with regard to fire mode and power.

Anyway, I am out of here.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KenIchikawa Find out more about KenIchikawa
                                Working...
                                X