Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
    Frankly, i'll wait till the guidance notes come out and then i'll be sending them to my tame barrister. I've sat in court and watched friends get screwed on technicalities, badly. I don't want to be one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not an Act of Parliament until it's received Royal Assent, and that hasn't been scheduled yet, so to answer your question - no, not at this second in time.
    It has already received royal assent

What tickles me is the guidelines should have been present before the above but hey ho

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcG View Post
      It has already received royal assent

What tickles me is the guidelines should have been present before the above but hey ho
      That's exactly what I'm getting at. Technically, by introducing this law without giving guidelines and approriate time for a response, the government is knowingly criminalizing god knows how many people....

Comment

The HoP need to update it's website then lol

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/...gandcrime.html

Latest news on the Policing and Crime Bill 2015-16 to 2016-17

Consideration of a Commons amendment to the Bill took place in the House of Lords on 18 January.

Both Houses agreed on the text of the Bill which now waits for the final stage of Royal Assent when the Bill will become an Act of Parliament. Royal Assent is yet to be scheduled.

Comment

Has anyone got a rough idea as to when we will see the new guidelines?

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
            The HoP need to update it's website then lol

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/...gandcrime.html
            The HoP need to update their archaic way of thinking first.

Comment

Originally posted by JellyBelly16 View Post
              Has anyone got a rough idea as to when we will see the new guidelines?
              All we have been told is they are expected soon

Comment

The HoP need to update their archaic way of thinking first.
                There's more chance of Gill Marshall-Andrews going shooting than that happening!

Comment

Hello,

Although given Royal Assent, the provisions will be subject to Commenement Orders, so do not yet apply. The lethality provisions, which contain the airsoft exemption, should commence in Spring 2017. The HO are drafting their guidance now, ahead of commencement.

I hope that assists.

Adrian

Comment

Also, on the aspect of "ready convertibility", the Home Office have agreed to further discussions with UKARA and UKAPU to try and resolve this. As yet it hasn't been tested by the courts, but no one wants to get that far. One potential line of exploration relates to the CPS prosecution guidelines, which include a reference to only prosecuting cases where the conversion capability is such that the resulting firearm (i.e. the converted RIF or IF) exceeds the specially dangerous air weapon threshold. That threshold for long barrel items is approximately 16 joules. Hopefully that threshold would then exclude airsoft guns.

However, given that the 1982 Act is law, and CPS or other guidance is not, those representative organisations are seeking an amendment to that Act.

This matter was previously raised by UKARA and UKAPU to the Law Commission review, and of course is not a new concern. It has certainly not been created by the PCA 2017, although that work has brought it back into focus. At present the subject of its applicability to airsoft remains untested as simply not having been in the public interest to prosecute anyone. That is less than an ideal assurance, hence the need to take this further with the HO.

I hope that helps,

Adrian

Comment

As Adrian has pointed out to me, the published version of the act no longer mentions that the power restrictions apply to weapons that were designed to be semi-automatic or full-automatic but to those which actually are semi- or full-automatic. The implication of this is that a full-auto weapon converted to a semi-only DMR is likely to be ok provided that it runs at or under 2.5J.

Comment

Right, that's good news. I assume it has to be done so permanently and so the removal/ filing of your tappet plate isn't going to be great.
                        For GBBRs we can just file the selector right?

Comment

so...if i am reading this correctly... a GBB pistol is like a TM Glock 17 is fine under this ;egislation as it is semi only and would blow apart at anything even near 500 fps ??
                          FOR SALE:
                          TRI AN/PRC 152 Radio package

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1451643

Comment

So Dan Wesson C02 revolvers OK then?

But KWA/KWC Desert Eagle C02 full auto version NOT OK?

Comment

Originally posted by KenIchikawa View Post
                              So Dan Wesson C02 revolvers OK then?

But KWA/KWC Desert Eagle C02 full auto version NOT OK?
                              Thats how im reading it
                              FOR SALE:
                              TRI AN/PRC 152 Radio package

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1451643

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
                                As Adrian has pointed out to me, the published version of the act no longer mentions that the power restrictions apply to weapons that were designed to be semi-automatic or full-automatic but to those which actually are semi- or full-automatic.
                                Lol I'm confused, is this not the same thing?

Well I'll just hold out getting a rifle until mid year and see if the silly powers that be make their blooming minds up on what we can and can't have and make it clear for people to understand without trying to confuse them, the laws/rules around this sport and hobby are getting silly now give it a few years everyone will have to have clear spring powered airport guns or nothing..
                                I'm glad this is not my only shooting hobby I know that much..

ATB, Marc
                                Some Guns In My Collection:
                                Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
                                My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KenIchikawa Find out more about KenIchikawa
                                Working...
                                X