HPA and GBB limits law changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HPA and GBB limits law changes

Well after checking the fps rating on a good few gbb rifles looks like a lot of them fire above the 370fps, so that means all these guns will have to be re-manufactured or banned?
    Might as well give up on looking to buy a gbbr this year, no blooming point if this rule comes out because, what are ALL the shops and manufacturers going to do bin their guns and waste millions of pounds or re -manufacturer them costing millions of pound, the police better start clearly out cells of criminals to make room for airsofters..

Atb Marc
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Just out of curiousity, is the VCRA adjusting accordingly too? Because amusingly it sounds like airsoft guns are changing classification to their own classification which sounds like it has interesting implications to the semi-legal nature of our (at least previously) RIFs.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
      Might as well give up on looking to buy a gbbr this year, no blooming point if this rule comes out because, what are ALL the shops and manufacturers going to do bin their guns
      Here's a thought, inventory scares may spark a buying frenzy, getting in there early may be a good way to avoid stock deficiencies for months.
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/...documents.html

Comment

Cheers.

I see the Grange have replied saying that its just their opinion they posted and people need to take their own legal advice.

Pretty poor really seeing as they actually say in the video their suggestion makes HPA legal.

This is what I mean about people interpreting things without really getting the legal advice. Frustrating....

Comment

Originally posted by Jam_Man View Post
            Cheers.

I see the Grange have replied saying that its just their opinion they posted and people need to take their own legal advice.

Pretty poor really seeing as they actually say in the video their suggestion makes HPA legal.

This is what I mean about people interpreting things without really getting the legal advice. Frustrating....
            Yup very, and i bet if i ring 10 airsoft dealers today, most if not all will say they know nothing about this..
            Some Guns In My Collection:
            Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
            My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Siggi,

That will be a "no" then; you have no verifiable evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
                From the bill itself, from my tame group of lawyers and a friend who is a senior officer in the Met.

When 12 lawyers read the same piece of legislation and independently come up with the same views, I find that convincing.
                On the Lobbying for Airsoft facebook group they are saying this is not correct and that 'readily convertible' issue is still part of the change.

- - - Updated - - -

" Gents, this issue is what I refer to as 'ready convertibility'. It's an open question, and it's something we've questioned the government on at every opportunity. It's most certainly been considered, it was one of the key things brought up with the law commision and the home office. I normally bring it up but have tried not to in the last few days as many heads seem to be spinning already over the 'capable' issue."

Thats what was posted by a member of Ukapu.

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
                  Siggi,

That will be a "no" then; you have no verifiable evidence.
                  I saw online press reports from the web pages of the newspaper that created the reports. They weren't gilt-edged and signed-off by a serving judge but at face value they made the nut for me and everyone else who saw them. So yes, verified evidence at the time.

Do you think police behaviour has changed since then? How about human nature...that too?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jam_Man View Post
                  On the Lobbying for Airsoft facebook group they are saying this is not correct and that 'readily convertible' issue is still part of the change.

- - - Updated - - -

" Gents, this issue is what I refer to as 'ready convertibility'. It's an open question, and it's something we've questioned the government on at every opportunity. It's most certainly been considered, it was one of the key things brought up with the law commision and the home office. I normally bring it up but have tried not to in the last few days as many heads seem to be spinning already over the 'capable' issue."

Thats what was posted by a member of Ukapu.
                  That'll all be deliberate and down to the Home Office leaving its and the police' hands free to interpret shizzle as, when and how it likes on a 'per-diem' basis. They like law to be fuzzy around the edges, all the better to abuse it.

Comment

As soon as plod change a single component it's considered to be tampering with the evidence - and the defence team would have a field day with any copper who did such a thing when it came to court. The FSS, who did the testing in the time frame you mentioned earlier, could also not change the basic mechanism of what they're testing. They can use heavier ammo, they can try to crank up regulators to their maximum setting, they even, in a couple of cases, lubricated spring air rifle pellets before loading with WD40 in an effort to induce dieseling - but like plod they cannot materially change the item being tested.

Comment

Anybody notice loads of HPA components for sale today

Comment

Originally posted by Siggi View Post
                        I saw online press reports from the web pages of the newspaper that created the reports. They weren't gilt-edged and signed-off by a serving judge but at face value they made the nut for me and everyone else who saw them. So yes, verified evidence at the time.

Do you think police behaviour has changed since then? How about human nature...that too?

- - - Updated - - -

That'll all be deliberate and down to the Home Office leaving its and the police' hands free to interpret shizzle as, when and how it likes on a 'per-diem' basis. They like law to be fuzzy around the edges, all the better to abuse it.
                        Nice and easy for defence lawyers to rip it to pieces in that case.

Comment

My argument would be that I have an adjustable nozzle. If it's freezing outside and the fps drops, I can increase it to compensate. If I left it and all of a sudden it was 25c outside, the fps would be through the roof. I can adjust at room temperature from 250-480 fps depending on what gas.

Comment

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
                            My argument would be that I have an adjustable nozzle. If it's freezing outside and the fps drops, I can increase it to compensate. If I left it and all of a sudden it was 25c outside, the fps would be through the roof. I can adjust at room temperature from 250-480 fps depending on what gas.
                            Theres the problem. IF in ideal conditions withe most powerful gas you are over 370 fps you gun is going to be over the limit. Im guessing the solution is your gun is amended so that the maximum it can fire at is 1.3 joules full auto, but that will mean when its cold etc you are going to be quite low powered.

No one seems to actually understand the law though so we will have a while to find out.

Comment

It's got the auto sear bar taken out so it's now semi auto. But at its lowest setting, even with propylene gas it would be under 370. Its just not currently set that way because my field limit for a dmr is 400

Comment

If it left the factory as select fire or automatic the law will always recognise it as that regardless of whether it is now locked from being so

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KenIchikawa Find out more about KenIchikawa
                                Working...
                                X