Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVD Nub Replacement?

Hi all,

Got an SVD-S coming to me today. First thing to do is change out the barrel and hop nub, then perhaps the rubber too.

The gun is a direct clone of the real sword, and when I had one before, normal aftermarket hop up nuns were too big for the window.

My question is, those who have swapped out the nub on a real sword, what have you ended up with that fit?

Cheers!

Re: SVD Nub Replacement?

Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

on any tricky hop nubs sizing wise, the only way I really found was using the inner part of a biro pen (where the ink is but just snip where there is no ink) cut it to size and put it in, obviously it wont give you amazing results, but its better than nothing. You can also just cut down a nub, but some nubs are expensive just to get it wrong if you cut it down.

Comment

I used the H-Nubs that fitted the RS - it wasn't the best at all.
        I'm using a standard nub - no issues

R

Comment

Maybe I'll stick with a standard nub and real sword rubber. Will have to have a longer look at this as the unit that shopped with my CYMA is faulty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I need a new bucking for my SVD and after doing some rather unsuccessful searching, I wondered if you'd mind sharing which bucking/nub you used for your realsword when you had it? I pretty much only use bolt actions & I'm fine picking buckings/nubs for them but after some research I have found the choices & number of options for an AEG staggering! haha.

Cheers mate.
            Wanted: Action Army hop chamber and any other VSR upgrades.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
            Working...
            X