G&p m4 hop up chamber upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&p m4 hop up chamber upgrade

Hi there, I have an G&p m4 that needs a new hop up chamber. What is compatible with hardly no modification. Will the prowin fit and is it any good
    Many thanks

Re: G&p m4 hop up chamber upgrade

A direct replacement will give you the least hassle, however a decent quality replacement of the same design by Prometheus (laylax strike) or Lonex will work fine. Other than being shiny blue, the Prowin chamber is not superior design to those two, it also in recent years is also not CNC milled like it used to be (not that it makes any difference, but you loose that gucci factor that so many people seem to want).

A better quality/design hop bucking is cheap and will make more of a difference to accuracy than simply swapping to a prowin chamber.

If you are looking to upgrade to flat/r-hop in future, then a chamber of the existing design like the two mentioned is better suited and will be easier to work with as you will spend less time ironing out fps and inconsistency issues related to the chamber.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Prowin + Prommy purple bucking + Firefly Nemazu flat nub for a flat hop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Second the above regarding hop unit,also I would add, just get any hop unit that has a rear dial hop adjustment,and for the rubber check out Tru hop,by Trusight airsoft
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I've heard the machining of the pro win can be hit and miss. The Prometheus delta strike is supposed to be good. There is also one by a company called retro arms that has the rear wheel. That being said, the chamber itself is the least worry in terms of accuracy. Personally I use a 60degree maple leaf bucking and their concave (think it's called omega) nub. That and a barrel with serve you far better than the metal that it all sits in.

Going ever so slightly off tangent... have you a good experience with the tru hop, sparrowhawk? I've been looking at them for my next aeg.

Comment

It's got some great reviews however I have not been airsofting outside since I've fitted it to give it a proper test yet, I'm in the process of building a 90 meter possibly 100 meter test range at red1 kings Langley, hopefully ready in a months time, so I will definitely put it to the test then
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

The Prowin hops in a G&P M4?

Heres how much grief one of them gave me: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iring-problems

See if you still want one

Comment

In addition to above, if opting to go for a flat or r-hop configuration, then be aware that the arm angle of the prowin and it's clones is inferior to that of chambers of the traditional design. I have seen a small number of attempts by people to make up custom arms/mounting patches for the prowin, and while they do work/can be made to work, the angle still very much remains an issue as it is carried throughout the adjustment range and continues to remain an issue comparatively when you look at how the concept is supposed to work. It's well noted that the developer of the r-hop and also other pioneers of a similar concept do not recommend this chamber.

Whilst the prowin can be configured to work "well" as a drop in with the said parts, it almost certainly won't be working as effectively as it should with the correct angle - this is why people looking for the best results commonly opt for the TDC mod.

As far as I have seen it over the years, the only 2 advantages that the Prowin chamber brings is durability and a nicer hop dial.

There is an updated version of this chamber, but the minor changes have only addressed the apparent compatibility issues to TM spec. Updates have not been made to how the hop is applied.

As for the interest in the TruHop Bucking;
                Last year I tested the Gen 2 bucking which seems to have slight updates to the materials as the previous version was a little soft. Aside, the improvement's over the traditional design hop are obvious, there is better efficiency of hop application (with heavy weights in particular) which translates to better muzzle energy (with a less aggressive hop setting to achieve the same effect).

In testing, the gains over the stock TM have been negligible with lighter weights, but the performance starts to pull ahead when you go for anything over 0.25g.

It's worth noting that ontop of the obviously different hop sector (the mound mimics that of an r-hop patch), the hop sealing lip is of a different design too as can be seen.
                This did not prove to cause any sealing issues comparably, but it may be worth nothing that certain nozzle tapers in certain chambers may need to be considered.

The ID specs were within TM spec, so sealing to the barrel outer walls is not of concern (the inner barrel used here was by modify, but the alignment ridge and barrel OD is TM spec).
                TM:

TruHop Gen 2:

Bucking wall thickness is a little short of TM spec, which could potentially be a sealing issue if the chamber ID is larger too, however in a TM chamber this did not seem to be an issue - at least not one that the chrono could see as a negative in fps and consistency readings.
                dsgdreamteam

Comment

Thank u every one for the information, especially sj_asc. I think I'm going to get a lonex unit with a prommy purple bucking and then flat hop it, many thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

markyb812 Find out more about markyb812
                  Working...
                  X