Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

A new gun from Taiwan, you'll either love it or hate it! It's a bit 'halo'. CSI XR5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new gun from Taiwan, you'll either love it or hate it! It's a bit 'halo'. CSI XR5

Recently got a brand new XR5 from CSi in Taiwan to review for Airsoft Action.

It's possibly the only one in the country. As a few people know i'm all about old school airsofting but I do like sci fi so fancied a look at one of these.

I really like it. I stuck an eotech clone on it, a very cheap torch and mount (im using it for room to room closeness CQB, i dont need anything thats brighter than the sun) and a sling.

I personally love it. Its an M4 under the nylon fibre body kit but a very well built one for the price.

Re: A new gun from Taiwan, you'll either love it or hate it! It's a bit 'halo'. CSI

Interesting.

What is the price? Where does the battery go and does it take a standard M4 mag or do you need to buy specific mags like the one in it?
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Re: A new gun from Taiwan, you'll either love it or hate it! It's a bit 'halo'. CSI

The lower front ris rail slides forwards and the entire lower furniture hinges down for the battery.. you could fit an old school large battery in there. There is an alternate lower handguard with a full length rail (also an alternate gas block and stock).

This one took marui and STAR mags well (stanag) type but didnt like STAR disposables. During chrono tests we used some other brands but i forget which. In general yeah it takes normal M4 mags but i cant guarantee which ones other than marui and the STAR/ARES one that came with my old L85 as they are the only types i personally own.

Its not available in the UK yet but pre orders on a US site are at $107, which is £84 last time i checked.

Its a very well built m4 in a very strong nylon fibre (rather than normal plastic) body so its quite weighty. The sling sockets are steel, all the screws going into the body go into metal (brass) housings in the body , not directly in. The hop is a normal rotary m4/g36 type and made by CSI (has their name cast into it) and o ring fitted for a good seal.

I'd have thought that after import faf, it might be about £120 in the UK by the time we get it but even at that price its really bloody good tbh.

This one was doing 400FPS on .20 out the box so i had to change the spring (thats how i know its so well built as we practically took it to bits while having a look at the geabox...all metal parts apart form the obvious plastics like tappet plate etc). Now does around 330fps with am m100 in it.

I did mention to CSI this was a little hot for the UK and i think they are going to do UK exports with a bit less punch.

Lastly, comes in four (possibly five) colours. This grey, tan, green , a really star wars looking white and recently i saw pics at a show of it all in black.

Comment

Be interesting to see how many we see in the field.

Love the M41A Pulse Rifle from Aliens but haven't seen any on game days, tho with the lower price point we may see more.

Now to wait for the load out thread...

Comment

COD players will love this look.....

I'm always happy to see new stuff coming out, no matter how different the look, It looks like a long version of the now very old Jing gong Dragon rifle, or was it the thunder maul aeg.?

Dear lord, if these become popular, how long before we see players in COD Infinite Warfare loadouts on the skirmish field, lol

Comment

That's a really nice take on an M4. Some thing genuinely new in design.
            Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

I actually really like the look of this. Not something I'd usually go for either.

Comment

Any chance on posting the full review on here?

Be nice to see the other side of the rifle and a few more detailed pics.

Comment

Full review is in this months Airsoft Action magazine (feb issue). I'd be doing myself out of a job if i posted it for free on a forum... I might stick the review up once the mags been on sale for a month.

Sorry chaps

Comment

Seems like a lot of unnecessary bulk on the front end.

Comment

Its a very large battery compartment. There is smaller version thats not as 'deep' and has a full length lower rail.

TBH, it doesnt feel bulky to game with. I use it for a local CQB site and its fine.

Its not the smallest AEG i have but it is the only one i can put a torch on without gaffa tape

(it also lighter than the AKSU)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gadge Europa Find out more about Gadge Europa
                      Working...
                      X