Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to airsoft gun help

Hi guys and gals
    I'm returning to airsoft and need some advice I used to have a m14 Ebr and loved the range shots but I also had a m4 stubby and mp5k as love going indoors so I enjoy a bit of bit now here is my problem
    Do I buy an ics m4 with a short top load out for cqb and a long dmr top

Or

Do I buy a dmr/sniper and a m4

I guess the ics idea I have had is a bit cheaper but what you guys think or is there somthing else I could do

Thanks patch
    Originally posted by bulldoguk
    Short barreled version so I can class it as a CQB right?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75861[/ATTACH]

Re: Returning to airsoft gun help

I suspect that only you can really answer your question. It all depends on which weapons you like and how you intend to use them.

Do you intend to play specific CQB games and specific non-CQB games, or do you intend to play games which will include both?

I play at a site where some games are more CQB oriented and some are less CQB oriented; I take a Type 97 (short) and an L1A1 (long does not do it justice) with me and take the appropriate weapon out for each game. At another site, each game is a mixture of CQB and non-CQB; I tend to take a shortish weapon that works for both.

Do you want to be changing the upper receiver, and probably the spring, with the ICS for different games?

Remember that a short weapon can have just as long range as a long one; barrel length makes very little difference in airsoft. My M4 stubby and Mp5K both have stupidly long ranges.

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
      I suspect that only you can really answer your question. It all depends on which weapons you like and how you intend to use them.

Do you intend to play specific CQB games and specific non-CQB games, or do you intend to play games which will include both?

I play at a site where some games are more CQB oriented and some are less CQB oriented; I take a Type 97 (short) and an L1A1 (long does not do it justice) with me and take the appropriate weapon out for each game. At another site, each game is a mixture of CQB and non-CQB; I tend to take a shortish weapon that works for both.

Do you want to be changing the upper receiver, and probably the spring, with the ICS for different games?

Remember that a short weapon can have just as long range as a long one; barrel length makes very little difference in airsoft. My M4 stubby and Mp5K both have stupidly long ranges.
      Hi mate I intend to have a second top half gearbox with stronger spring so no spring change I play both cqb and range on the same site well will be

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Couldn't really answer your question any more than you could mate, as your something of an experienced player yourself, but for me it'd be any of the smaller TM recoils, as they have good range for outdoors, plus the low FPS for the CQB stuff ...but good to see you on here again, welcome back to the game.
        "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by steve grey View Post
          Couldn't really answer your question any more than you could mate, as your something of an experienced player yourself, but for me it'd be any of the smaller TM recoils, as they have good range for outdoors, plus the low FPS for the CQB stuff ...but good to see you on here again, welcome back to the game.
          Thanks mate good to be back just want to see people's thought if you know what I mean

Comment

Quick change Ics is a good way to go, it's just two pins and away you go, as long as it's rear wired
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Won't it still need to be restricted to semi for higher fps?

Comment

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
                Won't it still need to be restricted to semi for higher fps?
                Totally forgot about that ..... scrap that idea then good point mate thanks

Comment

Can still be done. Just put a mosfet in the lower. I've got an ascu mosfet that is programmable. I can have safe-semi-semi for a dmr, or change the spring and set it to safe-semi-3rnd burst/auto

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

patch Hello my name is Chris I live in reading a member of x-site Find out more about patch
                  Working...
                  X